Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first heard of MBTI, I thought I was an INTP. I am incredibly sensitive, but I love mental masterbation (indulging Ti/Ne). I love solving puzzles for the sake of it, and learning from a wide range of disiplines.

I suppose what I am trying to get at is whether Ne/Si plays a large role in this similarity? What do you think?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I dunno if Ti/Ne = mental masturbation necessarily. I've always thought of Ti as this tendency to logically reason in a convoluted, abstract way... which I don't have and therefore don't know how to describe. I mean sometimes I come across looking like a thinker myself, plus I tend to be more logical than most feelers. But I think INFP's "thinking" is more concrete, thus different from INTP's. I personally need to be able to visualize things I'm thinking through. So stuff like metaphysics, while I think it's really interesting, I can't methodically philosophize about it.

INTP's please correct me if I'm wrong.

But I suppose if you're confused about whether what you have is Ti or Fi, the main thing that's left is Ne & Si. So yeah, we're similar that way.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
If you use Ti, you're not an INFP. I test as an INFP all the time, but I know I'm an INTP because everybody says I use a lot of Ti.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I test as INTP 5w4, might be very much of a Feeler in some situations. I read a lot of Kahlil Gibran and identify with him when it comes to romance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts