1K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Ayia 
#1 ·
I just did this test: similarminds.com/jung.html

And got this curious result:

Introverted (I) 72.41% Extroverted (E) 27.59%
Intuitive (N) 51.35% Sensing (S) 48.65%
Thinking (T) 71.88% Feeling (F) 28.13%
Perceiving (P) 79.41% Judging (J) 20.59%

I find it ok because I identify myself quite fine with the INTP personality type, but I also identify myself a lot with the ISTP personality type. I saw the difference between Intuitive/Sensing is quite small while on the other hand every other aspect is clearly defined.

According to this facts about me:
-I'm good with Computer Programming and also I like Drawing(Artistic), but I didn't get really interested in Mechanics or Architecture(I hate Technical Drawing).
-I'm studying computer engeneering (though I'm going to specialize in software).
-I hate all the "human studies" branch: History, Language/Literature, Philosophy(though this has a couple of interesting things), Economy/Politics...

I would say I'm more of an ISTP with some INTP cualities, but I can't really tell...

What do you think?

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
ISTP?

could you give me like a ten sentence biography or something?
Not sure if being sarcastic... or if you said that seriously.

-Ok... let's see... I used to practice surf but it's been a long time since the last time I took my surfboard.
-I'm not very good at showing my emotions, and I see crying and griefing as a total weakness, so it's been years since I decided not to cry ever again.
-I'm hardly taken by surprise: I think and react fast normally instead of getting blocked when something unexpected happens.
-As an ISTP would, I follow my own way/principles. I don't believe in stablished rules, and if I have to break them or ignore them to do what I must do, I will, without any doubt.
-I do not fear anyone: I don't fear anyone, and sometimes this attitude scratches stupidity:
*I got surrounded by a bunch of older guys when I was young (arround 13), they were teasing me and trying to give me a scare, and I told them they didn't have the balls because there was people all arround (it was in scool), and a friend of mine took me by the arm and got me out
*When I was younger(arround 8 years old), an older guy (arround 10-12 year old) accused me of stealing his swimming glasses, took a knife out (possibly fake) and threatened me. I refused to give my glasses to him and one of his friends pushed me against the door, which caused me a wound in my head.
*When I was a little kid(4-5 year old), I was eating my sandwich in a park, and a döberman came out of nowere and tried to steal it from me. My mom hit me in the hand because I didn't want to let go my sandwich(lol).

-Edit-

-I have a "high" IQ (arround 130) and I usually get high marks in the exams, but I'm lazy and tend to leave everything for the last moment.
-Sometimes when I'm alone I start to think and I get really deep thoughts and conclussions about Philosophical and/or Existential matters. Then I get freaked out of how did I get to that... it's like a self-produced "mind-blown" xD.
--
Is this enough??

#9 ·
YOU SOUND LIKE ME. Except a lot braver. :tongue: I'm on the borderline of S and N as well. When I was little, we used to have a Great Dane who belonged to the neighbors. He would always stick his head in my carriage, and I would just laugh at him even though he was about ten times my size. I used to play softball, but I've gotten to lazy to do anything physical anymore- except in gym sometimes, I swear, I'm the only girl in my school who likes that class. I score very high on standardized tests, but I'm usually too lazy to study and prepare for regular tests and quizzes. This is extremely detrimental to me since I go to a private school with difficult material, but I still manage to score mostly B's. I'm horrible at expressing my feelings, and often run away from my problems. I've done a lot of thinking about religion and philosophy in the past year or two as well.

Can we be newbie buddies?

#4 ·
ISTP.

You sound a LOT like my on/off SO, and he's textbook ISTP (if there is such a thing). Of course, I am only guessing based on what you've told us thus far. I find ISTPs to be more ballsy than INTPs. LOL

#5 ·
Yea.... i think. But the thing is that I often don't feel motivated enough to actually DO things. I thought of starting going to te gym to get a little in shape, or try with boxing (somehow i think maybe I will be good at it) but I think after all I didn't have the balls to actually DO it. I don't know, maybe it has something to do with my introversing type of character... you know... not comfortable of meeting new people or going out just for the sake of going out. I think that if I decided to do all this with a friend maybe I would actually do it.
---
Edit

I used to go out more a long time ago, but that was before I had both my ankles twisted in an accident about 4 years ago (age 14) and had to be in bed for a month. I got even more addicted to MMORPG and Anime and I got fat and unconsciously isolated myself (almost got to an emo phase lol). I needed a long time to realize about this and "recover", but since then I've lost quite much in "extroversion".

#6 ·
Yea.... i think. But the thing is that I often don't feel motivated enough to actually DO things. I thought of starting going to te gym to get a little in shape, or try with boxing (somehow i think maybe I will be good at it) but I think after all I didn't have the balls to actually DO it. I don't know, maybe it has something to do with my introversing type of character... you know... not comfortable of meeting new people or going out just for the sake of going out. I think that if I decided to do all this with a friend maybe I would actually do it.
That is the "P" in you. This is REALLY over-simplifying it, but I say that P = procrastination.

#7 ·
Then I really need to fix this... Right now I don't even have the motivation to do things I actually want to do LOL

-Edit-

I think I'm gonna stick with ISTP then! And I shall bear this title with pride!!

Reactions: Snakecharmer
#8 ·
Get on over to their section here and see if you can relate to them! ISTP is one of my favorite types. I love their blunt honesty and technical abilities!

#12 ·
Hahahahahah!!! Of course I'm good at math. At 8th grade (13 years old) my maths teacher even suggested me to enter a Maths competition, but in the end I refused (too nerdy for me lol). But we're talking about Computer Engeneering and Algebra, which is actually quite different from the "classic" Maths xD. Just take a look at this and cry:
Text Font Document Line Paper

Yeah, it's in spanish, I know (sorry about that). But well, I think you get the point... THIS is what I have to study: THEORY. EVERYTHING, is frigging theory. Once I figure this out, I STILL have to figure out a practical use for it so I can solve the damn problems lol.

I am good at maths, but once you reach a higher level of "difficulty" then you notice what you're REALLY good at and what you REALLY like to do. In my case it's computer programming. Maths are "secondary".
-Edit-
Ok... I couldn't upload a good resolution Image because I need to have 15 post to do so LOL

#17 ·
And got this curious result:

Intuitive (N) 51.35% Sensing (S) 48.65%
That doesn't necessarily mean anything if you otherwise feel that ISTP suits you better than INTP. Introverted iNtuition is ISxPs third function while Extroverted Sensing is the second, so already putting aside the fact that the tests only are indicators and can't tell how you are in reality, ISXPs that score relatively high on N compared to S isn't all that uncommon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.