Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INFJ here, in a 3 year relationship with INTP. yes this is 3 years of being woken up in the middle of the night because he found a cool article on Wikipedia about anything from corn syrup to Galician satanic cults.
Just wondering, as INTPs what is it that really sells it to you when thinking about potential romantic partners??
Also, in your experience what type do you think you connect with the best??
Just give me your general take on the tendencies of your love life.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Is that really what all INTPs do, waking someone up because of some wikipedia article? Sounds very inconsiderate to me.

Sharing the intuition function is nice since I don't have to explain everything I do in great details. I prefer to stay silent most of the time.

I don't have a strong preference in types, but if I have to choose, it'd be INFP, INTJ, and INTP.

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Is that really what all INTPs do, waking someone up because of some wikipedia article? Sounds very inconsiderate to me.

Sharing the intuition function is nice since I don't have to explain everything I do in great details. I prefer to stay silent most of the time.

I don't have a strong preference in types, but if I have to choose, it'd be INFP, INTJ, and INTP.
How is sharing knowledge inconsiderate? I would love to be woken up because somebody found and wanted to teach me about something new or interesting they learned. Sounds great to me!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
How is sharing knowledge inconsiderate? I would love to be woken up because somebody found and wanted to teach me about something new or interesting they learned. Sounds great to me!
Sorry, what I meant was I wouldn't want other people to wake me up just to share some information, unless the information is something like "the apartment is on fire". If someone like that is living with me, then I'd have to make sure that the bedroom door is locked before going to sleep.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i do this, my ex sleep like a rock so it never bothered her although sometimes she would fall a sleep holding on to me and i'd have to slowly inch away, sometimes it was hard ...
about mates logically i'd say anyone with a cute face who i perceive has good genetics in my eyes,
i also notice when in love i tend to be very productive ,
for me i notice personality is kinda irrelevant vs physical connection

·
Registered
INTP
4,492 Posts
INFJ here, in a 3 year relationship with INTP. yes this is 3 years of being woken up in the middle of the night because he found a cool article on Wikipedia about anything from corn syrup to Galician satanic cults.
Just wondering, as INTPs what is it that really sells it to you when thinking about potential romantic partners??
Just give me your general take on the tendencies of your love life.
I am suckered in by any glimmer of goodness, from reasonable intelligence, to humor, to a kind gesture. Looks, money, etc., don't interest me. So I'm easy.

But what I really want is someone as intelligent as I am or nicer than I am. Preferably a combination of both. Also a take-charge manliness. Not easy to find! Of course, a compatible lifestyle, goals, and so on are important too

The closest I've come (in actual relationships) have been an ISFJ and an ISTP, and someone whose type I've never figured out--possibly an INTJ or INFJ.

Although a night owl and Wikipedia addict, I would never wake anyone up deliberately unless the house was on fire. I expect the same consideration from the person I'm with.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I did this once. I was out walking the dog later at night and saw the biggest star I've ever seen, possibly a planet because it looked a different color. I thought it was cool so I went and woke my wife up to come see. Don't do that often though as my wife loves her sleep and can't go right back to sleep like me. But yes, otherwise I would be waking her up to share stuff I learned at 1am.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'm sold on the guys who have a strong sense of empathy and really like people: the super Fe "paragon hero" types.

The type who doesn't mind me waking them up at 3 AM because I "found a cool article on Wikipedia about anything from corn syrup to Galician satanic cults."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts