Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met the first INTJ ever, we were detached to do some administrative work in some building, 1 medium-sized room, shitloads of papers to be done, and just the two of us.

Me being an INTP, him being an INTJ, we gradually started talking after like..4 hours of hard working(still 7 to go), we shared mutual interests in cellular biology and discussed Darwin's theory. From cumulative nature of biological events to the accident in which people turned black(according to the theory) and why we don't see it happen nowadays. We discussed the elegance and simplicity of the system and whether this system can be truly applied when we look at the string of mutations in a cell. I was wondering how the other (mature)INTJ's are opinionated towards this theory.
---

On a personal perspective, he seems calm, logical and probably lives on with the motto 'never smile, just stare'. Despite having many similarities(INT), I did not feel an attraction or desire to re-approach the INTJ when given the chance, even though we had an enlightening conversation.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I did not feel an attraction or desire to re-approach the INTJ when given the chance, even though we had an enlightening conversation.
The feeling is probably mutual.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I met the first INTJ ever, we were detached to do some administrative work in some building, 1 medium-sized room, shitloads of papers to be done, and just the two of us.

Me being an INTP, him being an INTJ, we gradually started talking after like..4 hours of hard working(still 7 to go), we shared mutual interests in cellular biology and discussed Darwin's theory. From cumulative nature of biological events to the accident in which people turned black(according to the theory) and why we don't see it happen nowadays. We discussed the elegance and simplicity of the system and whether this system can be truly applied when we look at the string of mutations in a cell. I was wondering how the other (mature)INTJ's are opinionated towards this theory.
---

On a personal perspective, he seems calm, logical and probably lives on with the motto 'never smile, just stare'. Despite having many similarities(INT), I did not feel an attraction or desire to re-approach the INTJ when given the chance, even though we had an enlightening conversation.
Interesting, I've heard the opposite; black turned white. I've never heard the theory you're talking about. Care to enlighten?

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting, I've heard the opposite; black turned white. I've never heard the theory you're talking about. Care to enlighten?
In the current context, we discussed how white should be able to turn black(reversal) if it theoretically provides an advantage to survive.

The feeling is probably mutual.
Indeed.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
In the current context, we discussed how white should be able to turn black(reversal) if it theoretically provides an advantage to survive.
Are you referring to skin pigmentation? I believe the theory is that there is an advantage to dark skin in climates near the equator, because the pigment protects people from sun burn and skin cancer. Near the poles, where sun is limited, there is an advantage to less pigment, because then the skin can better absorb vitamin B.

It makes sense to me. Modern humans are more mobile and populations mix more, so these adaptations are less likely to be apparent. Where I live, with a large urban immigrant population from all over the world, interracial families are very common, so the adaptation is pretty much negated there. Also, cheap clothing and sun block lessen the advantage of lots of pigmentation; easy access to vitamin D as a milk additive and in multivitamins lessens the advantage of low pigmentation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts