Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
XNTP
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel I'm too idealistic to be an INTP but too detached of my own emotions to be an INFP

1.) Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

- I am 17 years old, female. I do have social anxiety, generalized anxiety, body dysmorphia and depression :/

2.) What kind of person are you and why?

- That's a hard question, honestly I feel like I don't know myself that much. I'm a chill person, I get bored easily so you have me changing from one hobby to another, but at the same time I'm quite obsessive with the things I like, at least for some time. I'd say I'm pretty sensitive to other people's opinions but at some extent depending on the context I can avoid those feelings. It's hard to explain.

3.) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else?

- How chill and careless I can be, maybe that I'm very open minded so I can see things from different points of view.

4.) Do you think there are any differences between how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

- Honestly I'm relying a lot in the way I think other people perceive me to describe myself. Major differences might be my opinions about certain things since I'm quite agreeable to avoid conflict, also I don't show that much that obsessive side about certain topics to people, since I don't want them to find me weird. It really depends on the person I am with, but this is me when I'm people I feel comfortable around.
Some people might perceive me as dumb xd, not that I'm smart but I don't think I'm particularly dumb either. This is probably due to my careless attitude about certain things (bc of my anxiety and low self esteem), the fact that I might be seen as someone without opinions or criteria and very indecisive. For example, when someone gives their opinion
and I don't agree I point out things I can understand or agree with at some extent, instead on fully formulating my opinion.

5.) Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

- Well, I'll interpret this as chaos: disorganization, tense or unexpected situations, random things. Order: organization, comfort, stability.
They're both very important for me, I like chaos (not extremely or necessarily negative) because otherwise I can get bored, all of my daydreams have chaos and troublesome situations but that's what makes them better. I'm a very disorganized person in a lot of ways, but I do want stability in my social life (at some extent) and not being anxious or stressed most of the time. In my day to day I avoid most stressful situations.

6.) Do you see ideas as revolving around core concepts or as gateways to new ideas?

- A bit of both, it's hmm, stressful. For example, when I've tried learning to draw when I start studying a concept I see it related to a lot of other things which make me feel frustrated, it's a lot of non specific information that I need it to make sense for me to keep going. When I idealize something I can see it as new gateways to great things, but once I start analyzing it it's chaoting and maybe more complex that it should be.

7.) Do you find yourself to be obsessive about topics? Do you continually divine value from something you already understand or do you move on once you feel you have a fair enough understanding?

- I move on once I get bored of it or feel bad about it (like when I feel I can't learn that topic). I get obsessed about things very often and I leave them once I find something more interesting. When I have fair enough understanding I start going deeper and deeper into that information and start to discuss things.

8.) What do you like about traveling and what would you do if you could travel anywhere?

- I like the feeling of being in a place I'm not familiar with, that's a vague explanation but I like to see the differences between people, climate, culture, places. If I could travel anywhere I'd probably go to an Asian country since they're probably the most different to my culture.

9.) What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

- Autonomy, freedom and peace of mind. They're related to each other but regardless of specific things, those are the feelings I wanna achieve. I want to be able to stand up for myself and the people I care about. I'm not inspired by someone but I get my motivation from my family, and maybe what I picture would be a nice future.

10.) What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why?

- At this point I have no idea. I've took several tests and a big part of my results were INTP, I've gotten INFP but I don't know about FI since I think I'm quite unaware of my own emotions. I got ENTP some time ago and it made me question, in theory mbti is about functions but the fact that Im very introverted makes it difficult.

I'd appreciate any response, it's a long text lol, sorry about that. You can ask me something in case I didn't explain myself correctly.

Pic of my last sarkinova results, I don't know how accurate they are but I hope it adds something.
Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Pattern

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hello! First of all, you got quite similar results to a friend of mine in the Sarkinova Cognitive Functions test, and I'm almost certain she is an ENFP (High scores on Ne/Ni, moderate on Fi/Ti/Te/Fe and low on Si/Se). You scored significantly higher on Ti than Fi though, so my initial guess, going by functions, would be ENTP for you.
Judging by your answers, the first thing I see is high Ne, which is sustained by your test results. With the information given I'm not seeing an Fi-dom. I could even argue higher Fe than Fi, which would contribute to the ENTP hypothesis.
Overall, I think it's very likely you are an xNxP. Maybe the anxiety issues are clouding your function usage and development, so I see your confusion as normal. Give it some time.

When typing people, I like to compare different Cognitive Functions tests between each other to get a bigger picture of the person and try to analyze and connect the patterns, so I would recommend you to take some other tests as well. I'm willing to help you if you want to share the results.

Have a nice day!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I ki
Hello! First of all, you got quite similar results to a friend of mine in the Sarkinova Cognitive Functions test, and I'm almost certain she is an ENFP (High scores on Ne/Ni, moderate on Fi/Ti/Te/Fe and low on Si/Se). You scored significantly higher on Ti than Fi though, so my initial guess, going by functions, would be ENTP for you.
Judging by your answers, the first thing I see is high Ne, which is sustained by your test results. With the information given I'm not seeing an Fi-dom. I could even argue higher Fe than Fi, which would contribute to the ENTP hypothesis.
Overall, I think it's very likely you are an xNxP. Maybe the anxiety issues are clouding your function usage and development, so I see your confusion as normal. Give it some time.

When typing people, I like to compare different Cognitive Functions tests between each other to get a bigger picture of the person and try to analyze and connect the patterns, so I would recommend you to take some other tests as well. I'm willing to help you if you want to share the results.

Have a nice day!
I agree with most of what Nick said. ENTP's are often awkward nerds when young and are the slowest developing type. They develop their charm, wit, and charisma later in life. ENTP's are generally more feeling than INTP's at the expense of often being less organized.

Reactions: Roxxana

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
That's a hard question, honestly I feel like I don't know myself that much.
If you don't know yourself, you cannot be typed.

If you wish to know more about the types anyhow, you can read about the theory:

The PerC questionnaires are garbage.

·
Registered
XNTP
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you don't know yourself, you cannot be typed.

If you wish to know more about the types anyhow, you can read about the theory:

The PerC questionnaires are garbage.
I lack personal experiences so it's hard, it's not just I don't know myself, but I have anxiety and depression which can explain certain behaviors. It's not easy to see the line that separates my personality and those illnesses.

I've tried to read the functions but since I'm usually unaware of my feelings, it's not easy for me to distinguish between Fi, Fe and Ti in my actions.

Thank you tho, rn I won't stick with one type but XNXP make more sense to me :)

·
Registered
XNTP
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
heh, you sure picked that "xNTP" role pretty quick...
xd, I've known mbti for some time (not in deep) so I kinda had an idea. Intp has been my most common result but I still question it :s
xNxP would be more accurate since I'm not sure whether I'm a thinker or a feeler haha

·
Registered
INFJ 8w9, 9w8, Sx/So
678 Posts
I also think ENTP, as they generally feel more introverted than extroverted, bored easily, detached from emotions, difficult to type them.

Reactions: Roxxana

·
Registered
INFJ 8w9, 9w8, Sx/So
678 Posts

·
Registered
Fool
1,432 Posts
I feel I'm too idealistic to be an INTP but too detached of my own emotions to be an INFP

1.) Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

- I am 17 years old, female. I do have social anxiety, generalized anxiety, body dysmorphia and depression :/

2.) What kind of person are you and why?

- That's a hard question, honestly I feel like I don't know myself that much. I'm a chill person, I get bored easily so you have me changing from one hobby to another, but at the same time I'm quite obsessive with the things I like, at least for some time. I'd say I'm pretty sensitive to other people's opinions but at some extent depending on the context I can avoid those feelings. It's hard to explain.

3.) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else?

- How chill and careless I can be, maybe that I'm very open minded so I can see things from different points of view.

4.) Do you think there are any differences between how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

- Honestly I'm relying a lot in the way I think other people perceive me to describe myself. Major differences might be my opinions about certain things since I'm quite agreeable to avoid conflict, also I don't show that much that obsessive side about certain topics to people, since I don't want them to find me weird. It really depends on the person I am with, but this is me when I'm people I feel comfortable around.
Some people might perceive me as dumb xd, not that I'm smart but I don't think I'm particularly dumb either. This is probably due to my careless attitude about certain things (bc of my anxiety and low self esteem), the fact that I might be seen as someone without opinions or criteria and very indecisive. For example, when someone gives their opinion
and I don't agree I point out things I can understand or agree with at some extent, instead on fully formulating my opinion.

5.) Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

- Well, I'll interpret this as chaos: disorganization, tense or unexpected situations, random things. Order: organization, comfort, stability.
They're both very important for me, I like chaos (not extremely or necessarily negative) because otherwise I can get bored, all of my daydreams have chaos and troublesome situations but that's what makes them better. I'm a very disorganized person in a lot of ways, but I do want stability in my social life (at some extent) and not being anxious or stressed most of the time. In my day to day I avoid most stressful situations.

6.) Do you see ideas as revolving around core concepts or as gateways to new ideas?

- A bit of both, it's hmm, stressful. For example, when I've tried learning to draw when I start studying a concept I see it related to a lot of other things which make me feel frustrated, it's a lot of non specific information that I need it to make sense for me to keep going. When I idealize something I can see it as new gateways to great things, but once I start analyzing it it's chaoting and maybe more complex that it should be.

7.) Do you find yourself to be obsessive about topics? Do you continually divine value from something you already understand or do you move on once you feel you have a fair enough understanding?

- I move on once I get bored of it or feel bad about it (like when I feel I can't learn that topic). I get obsessed about things very often and I leave them once I find something more interesting. When I have fair enough understanding I start going deeper and deeper into that information and start to discuss things.

8.) What do you like about traveling and what would you do if you could travel anywhere?

- I like the feeling of being in a place I'm not familiar with, that's a vague explanation but I like to see the differences between people, climate, culture, places. If I could travel anywhere I'd probably go to an Asian country since they're probably the most different to my culture.

9.) What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

- Autonomy, freedom and peace of mind. They're related to each other but regardless of specific things, those are the feelings I wanna achieve. I want to be able to stand up for myself and the people I care about. I'm not inspired by someone but I get my motivation from my family, and maybe what I picture would be a nice future.

10.) What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why?

- At this point I have no idea. I've took several tests and a big part of my results were INTP, I've gotten INFP but I don't know about FI since I think I'm quite unaware of my own emotions. I got ENTP some time ago and it made me question, in theory mbti is about functions but the fact that Im very introverted makes it difficult.

I'd appreciate any response, it's a long text lol, sorry about that. You can ask me something in case I didn't explain myself correctly.

Pic of my last sarkinova results, I don't know how accurate they are but I hope it adds something. View attachment 887902
Sorry to be a busybody, but I'd rather worry about my mental health than what kind of mbti type am i.

I think you said impressive things for your short life , Autonomy, freedom and peace of mind I realized that at 25 years old xD , but I'm an idiot.

I don't think Mbti generates mental healing by itself , I think many other ideas like religions ( you can be atheist and learn from religions ) , eastern disciplines , philosophy , ect , can do much better .

·
Registered
XNTP
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to be a busybody, but I'd rather worry about my mental health than what kind of mbti type am i.

I think you said impressive things for your short life , Autonomy, freedom and peace of mind I realized that at 25 years old xD , but I'm an idiot.

I don't think Mbti generates mental healing by itself , I think many other ideas like religions ( you can be atheist and learn from religions ) , eastern disciplines , philosophy , ect , can do much better .
Thanks for the answer and I agree, I mean, mbti is just something I find interesting for various reasons, but self improvement is not one of them. Not that it doesn't help but I rely in other ways to get better.
I'm working on my mental health issues, mbti is just a hobby to me xd, kind of.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts