Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm really confused whether I'm an INTP or an INFP, so I guess filling this questionnaire maybe would help.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I probably have Asperger's, and I also have some symptoms of paranoid and schizoid disorders, but I don't think I have the later two. Hopefully.
I also think writing this around 3:00 and 4:00 AM won't help very much.
Male, 14.
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
image.jpg
I like it. Snowy mountains are definitely my favourite landscape. I like the whole "aura" they got and love snow. The hikers climbing it also give some sense of adventure, but the picture wouldn't be much worse if they weren't there.
2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
I panick and start thinking of how unlucky I am for missing the concert.
I'd also probably be complaining more than helping to fix the car.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I get in the corner with the fewest people and wait until it gets over.
Maybe I'd even search for some place without nobody so I can wait it from there.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
It depends. If I'm not really that sure about it, I'd probably stay quiet or just state my opinion, but if I have a really strong opinion about that topic, I'd start discussing with him until he got either tired or convinced.
I don't remember of any time the 2nd happened tho.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
I'm really bad at understanding the opinions and thoughts of the others, so I'd get mad with it and try to change the situation if I cared enough about that to do it.
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Freedom - Everybody should have the freedom of anything they want, as long as it don't prejudice the others. This includes freedom to express your beliefs, even if you are a neo-nazi or a KKK member, although that doesn't mean I don't have the freedom of criticizing the said beliefs either.

Individualism - We should care about others to an extent, but what really matters the most are ourselves. Now, this doesn't mean we have to be selfish and try to get advantage over the others, but we should do what we want, not what the others think are right or that we should do.

Knowledge - Pretty simple one. Without knowledge, there isn't progress, what is something necessary for us.

The individualism one is sort of a mix between Objectivism and my own beliefs. The other two came completely from myself.
My core values probably won't change much, but my minor ones do - a lot. The changes come more from my own beliefs than from external ones, but they influence them a bit.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I'm more asocial than most people (even introverts), and I'm really moody. Sometimes I'm all happy and shit, but then in the other day I'm hating the entire world.
b) I'd definitely like to be less paranoid, or maybe a bit more social. I actually think the last one would be more useful, since most of my paranoia comes from the fact that I
(almost) don't have any idea of people's intents, so if I understood them better I'd be definitely less paranoid.
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
Uhh... I don't really know how to answer to that - I guess I'll just skip this question.
9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Listening to music, playing videogames, thinking about diverse things, daydreaming.
Music really triggers my emotions. I'm also really idealistic, so I tend to spend a lot of time daydreaming and with fiction, specially videogames.
b) Social activities, for the most part.
Check #0.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I usually hide my feelings and some of my beliefs and opinions from other people, since I'm afraid of what they might think/say, and that's one of the main reasons I value alone time so much.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'd say INTP.

I think that your tendency of not being able to understand others suggests Thinking. Feelers are generally able to relate to other people better.

In regards to hiding your feelings-bit of an INTP thing. Even though INTPs seem cold and emotionless, they actually have very strong feelings at times. They just prefer to be alone to experience their feelings rather than sharing them with others.

Freedom - Everybody should have the freedom of anything they want, as long as it don't prejudice the others.
This strikes me as coming from the auxiliary Fe. Fe has to deal with wanting harmony around yourself. You don't want others to be in conflict.

I'm more anti-social than most people (even introverts)
I believe the word you're looking for is "asocial". Anti-social has to do with acting out and doing things considered to be morally wrong. Asocial, on the other hand, has to do with being reserved and preferring to be alone. :rolldeyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts