Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I've been reading this forum quietly from the sidelines for a while. I've never posted an introduction, but my name is Julie, I'm a student studying architecture. I've tested as INTP.

I listed ESFJ in the title to attract attention to my post, as a curve ball. I figured that some users might see the post and think, "uh, wtf?".

Lately I've been questioning if I am really an INTP, and a friend of mine suggested that he has occasionally thought that I might be INTJ.

I plan to later post a video answering other questions with the help of a friend on this forum.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I apparently seem less sensitive to others than the average INTP.

I sometimes experience a sort of "knowing" when I work through designs and make astute decisions that end up being correct. Perhaps this is luck, and not Ni.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

This is difficult. Generally, I hold myself to high standards and want to excel in what I choose to do. I'd like to come up with innovative designs in architecture, come up with new theories, or refine existing ideas or theories.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I managed to finally balance the amount of time I spent alone with an appropriate amount of time with other people. At the time, my position at work was really boring and included large gaps of dead time. I entertained myself by reading and writing a lot about my interest areas, and I felt full of ideas.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Not being able to do things or failing or not being listened to.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Uh, I tend to avoid decisions, but generally pros and cons. I usually consider what would be most effective for the situation at hand. I do occasionally consider my feelings or the feelings of others if necessary.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I'm not entirely sure, but I generally just let things come together as they come together. However, I really dislike group work because it compromises my contributions.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Another hard question. During the first supposed rapture of 2011, I went to Taco Bell with some friends. We listened to Britney Spears "Till the World Ends" in the car. I told the Taco Bell window guy that my last wish was for a free Baja Blast and he gave it to me.

When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Theorize, and then keep collecting information until the larger picture is clear.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Disorganized in an organized way. But, it takes a lot of conscious effort for me. I lose a lot of things in large piles of paper.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Principles behind it to see if it makes sense.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Think before speaking and prefer one-on-one communication.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I am jumping before leaping, and I could go either way on action speaking more than words depending on the circumstance.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'd watch the favorite show, and would go out with friends if I had the energy after the show.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I become more rigid, critical, and emotional. I lose sight of the future, or what could happen next.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Blurting out tactless comments, overly friendly behavior, and image oriented behavior.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Personality theory, but most people in real life don't care.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Bills, my friendships and relationships, and fitness.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I will copy and paste something from the friend that questioned if I were actually INTJ, which doesn't exactly answer the question, but gets close to it.

"most intps i know are much more "chill" or happy go lucky. you are perfectly positive and everything but it seems you are more pissed about things outwardly and it reminds me of other intjs i know) but then again i could be wrong."

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I'd probably sit on the computer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts