Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

No, I'm not rethinking my own MBTI type. :wink: But I'd like some help typing a coworker of mine.

First of all I am interested in typing him because he is my favorite coworker. He is 45 years old (so no, he's not a love interest :tongue:), is married and has three kids. He plans and builds cabinets.

The first time I met him, I was surprised by how shy he was. He reminds me of a mouse, a bit flighty, precise, and scientific. His shoulders are hunched forward when he walks, almost as if he is scared of anyone stopping him to talk. He has an office in the back and when he is back there he never makes any noise.

Speaking of which, not only is his personality quiet, but his voice is too, and he seems to be the only one who can walk through the building without anyone hearing his footsteps (it scares me a little.) He doesn't seem to get excited about anything either, and he perpetually thinks before he talks. Sometimes I will say, "Do you need anything?" and he will pause for a few moments before explaining mumbling that he's "looking for an invoice."

When he actually opens up, talks to me about something and sees that I agree with him and won't make him uncomfortable, he has some humor. "If it isn't green, it's ugly," he says. By the way, he rarely smiles with his teeth, and when he attempts to smile without actually feeling it (politeness) it looks more like a pulling back of the lips. He can smile though, if something is humorous enough.

I want to know what makes him tick. I adore how steady he is, and at some point I would like to make him a character in my novel, or at least add him in my memoir.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He sounds exactly me. :shocked: I need more information to help you type him though.

Maybe this will help. http://personalitycafe.com/personal...6-simplified-mbti-preferences-assessment.html
Thanks, I am leaning more toward INTJ because he likes to be organized. The thing that makes him difficult to type is his tendency to be so shy! I mean, he's 45 and I'm 18, and if he slips up on a word talking to me, he'll blush! (I do find it adorable, however. I wish I knew him when he was younger.)

Is it typical for an INTJ to be so shy? I know only one other person like that... I call them (with no offense intended in any way!) Rocks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My dad is an INTJ, and he is nothing like this, even with strangers. If he has something that he wants to do, he will just go do it - people have little to no influence on his behavior, I've noticed. I guess I'm saying that he doesn't really come across as shy; it's more like serious, if that makes any sense. It's actually something I admire about him....

Is it possible this guy could be an F as opposed to a T?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Typical? Sheya right....

Is it typical for an INTJ to be so shy? I know only one other person like that... I call them (with no offense intended in any way!) Rocks.
Typical doesn't exist in the INTJ world, sorry. Some of us can be really shy and sometimes there could be lots of different reasons for being that way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
He sounds Asbergerish to me. The INTJs I know are nothing like that including me. We can usually will ourselves into having fairly decent social skills at the very least.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts