Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, most tests I took so far had me as an INTP. Though the J was always very close on the scale >45%.

I talked to someone, who seemed to be rather knowledgeable about MBTI, and he said I appear to be more of an INTJ.

The reasons were:
  • I don't impose my values on others and don't like to ask others for help with my problems
  • He told me that I chose what is most important to me, to which I answered that I never chose. What is important to me, just is. (Implying that I am more Fi>Fe)
  • My line of thought seems to be scattered and uncertain at times.
  • I don't give a living crud about societal norms. Even if something is uncalled for, I still say it if I want to.
  • I don't like it when people ask me for favors and am very uncomfortable if someone else displays a lot of emotion
What speaks against it:
  • I like philosophising about the most random thoughts
  • Once every ~30 days I feel a bit lonely (more Fe?)
  • I am generally a very curious person (Ne?)
Could use some outside inputs on this.

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
751 Posts
Keep in mind, I'm no typing expert. But hell, I'll give it a shot.
Try and be as honest as you can. There are no right answers here
Try to think about how you operate when you are at your "personal best". What is your natural state? Which one do you prefer most of the time?

Do you prefer to get straight to the point, or do you like giving as much information as possible in order to make things clearer?
Do you do your best work when things are constantly moving forward and not stagnant? Or do you prefer when your day-to-day life is under your control, and based on routine?
Would you take on a leadership role if the situation called for it? Or would you do your best to avoid it, due to unwanted responsibilities and pressure?
Do you come up with your own intellectual insights? Or do you have to get your information from others, and then organize to suit a particular desired conclusion?
Do you feel attached to particular conclusions or insights? Or do you feel "distant" from your them, prefer to see them from an objective perspective from "above"?

·
Registered
INTJ
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welp, I'll try answering those questions:
1. I honestly don't know. I barely have conversations with other people, but I guess "straight to the point" and then switch topics if I got something else.
2. Not really sure here, either. My life isn't changing all that much.
3. Based on my experience, I always take leadership if everyone else is useless. Except if I'm too tired to deal with it anymore.
4. A bit of both actually.
5. A lot of attachement to some, if they are useful to me and my future. If they aren't, idrc.

Is that helpful enough? (Doubt it, but oh well.)

·
Registered
202 Posts
So, most tests I took so far had me as an INTP. Though the J was always very close on the scale >45%.

I talked to someone, who seemed to be rather knowledgeable about MBTI, and he said I appear to be more of an INTJ.

The reasons were:
  • I don't impose my values on others and don't like to ask others for help with my problems
  • He told me that I chose what is most important to me, to which I answered that I never chose. What is important to me, just is. (Implying that I am more Fi>Fe)
  • My line of thought seems to be scattered and uncertain at times.
  • I don't give a living crud about societal norms. Even if something is uncalled for, I still say it if I want to.
  • I don't like it when people ask me for favors and am very uncomfortable if someone else displays a lot of emotion
What speaks against it:
  • I like philosophising about the most random thoughts
  • Once every ~30 days I feel a bit lonely (more Fe?)
  • I am generally a very curious person (Ne?)
Could use some outside inputs on this.
I am no typology expert, but not imposing your values on others is not limited to INTJs. As for importance of things, I believe that applies to people in general.
I don't know if scattered lines of thought are supposed to narrow anything down.
I'm not sure if caring about societal norms is an INTP thing, but apparently they tend to be more diplomatic. So sure.
For the last point, do you mean you don't like feeling obliged? Why are you uncomfortable when others display lots of emotions, and how are they displaying emotion?

Philosophising about the most random thoughts is not limited to INTPs, but I think it does tend to have more presence in INTPs.
Feeling lonely just means you want social connection. What is lacking?
Being curious is an N tendency overall, I think. Though everyone has curious tendencies that show up in different ways.

I know I haven't helped you narrow anything down, and in fact I am countering anything that might do so. But that's just to keep the options open and hopefully avoid bias.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts