Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing what other people think based off of the questions....

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

There are currently no inherent factors to my knowledge that could alter the way I answer questions. I'm male 25 years of age and my current state of mind could best be described as being quite perceptive as I dwell into the midst of self reflection

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?

Intp, Intj,

LII Ne subtype or ILI in socionics. The orginal test gives me the former while the extended gives me the latter on sociotype.com

Cognitive Function test

extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (27.8)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27.6)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.9)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *************************************** (39.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************* (32)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************************** (47.1)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***** (5.4)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************** (23.6)
limited use

3. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here (or write the link like example: www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/jacoboson/8697480741/in/explore-2013-05-01), and write your impression of each of them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lilgirlkat/9364684043/in/explore-2013-07-25

The interior of a what seems to be vacant building. I immediately get a sense of abandonment. The room is quite spacious and decrepit. The photo being in black and white helps intensify the impression of the room just slowly starting to wither. The light emitting from the cracked door shows a glimpse of the disheveled floor.

939 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The land is quite barren due to the picture more than likely being shot in the winter. The colors of the sky are quite vivid and intense to me. I get calm tranquil feeling as I imagine hearing the waves gently crashing to shore while watching the the sunrise. Feels more like a sunrise opposed to sunset to me.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

I would tell the friend to discuss these ideas further when I get done so I can focus on the task at hand. Then afterwards I can put my energy into focusing on the ideas. If something really stuck out about the ideas though I'll dwell on them a bit while working. My mind would drift to unrelated topics then in flash I could see how these ideas could be implemented and refined if need be. My body tends to just go on autopilot in those situations while my mind just wanders.

5a. What are some of your most important values?

I place a great importance on rationality, logic, and remaining objective. Also being open minded, courteous, and truthful to others.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

Well the courteous aspect could change if somebody irks me enough which is rare. I don't let people get to me usually.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

Inward and outward I'm usually indifferent as everyone has a right to his or her opinion. I would ask them if they have any facts or evidence to support their claim. If there is an error in their claim I will tactfully correct them with an empirical source or straight line of reasoning to show that they are incorrect. If they are correct in their claim however and can provide a rational explanation, facts, or empirical source to show that they are correct I won't hesitate to change my beliefs. Depending on how I'm feeling if their claim is purely based on emotions or they can no way shape or form back their claim using logic I may simply ignore them or call them out on it depends. People I know personally tend to get the latter more often than strangers.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?

Researching topics of interest because it stimulates mind. I also get quite energizes by deep intellectual discussions and debating. I get a thrill out of proving people wrong debating wise and by gaining insight into new perspectives I never would have thought about myself.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

Socializing in big groups can tire me. I don't like being around a lot of people for extend periods of time its draining to me.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)

I'm an introvert an extrovert would go insane spending as much time as I usually do alone without constant human interaction.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

I would describe myself as a very chill, easy going, introspective individual. I can be very determined and focused when I put my mind to accomplishing something long term or short term.

Strengths
The ability to detach emotions and objectively analyze things
Seeing the hidden underlying meaning in peoples words or actions that are not directly apparent
Remaining calm under otherwise stressful situations
Thinking things through thoroughly before taking action

Weakness
Being too reserved at times
Disregarding other peoples emotions although I often understand how they feel
Not keeping in contact with friends and family often times I forget
Not paying attention to my surroundings

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I become extremely apathetic pretty much as a defense mechanism. I stop caring because if I care I will stress myself out further. I'm more prone to directly telling people to leave me alone if they are trying to help me. I need to rationalize my thoughts alone and will talk when I'm ready.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

Attempting to pry into my private life, I become extremely cold and stand offish in a sarcastic way to people who do this.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?

I spend a great deal of time thinking how the world, society, and ultimately the universe operates. I wish to perceive these things from an unfiltered lens pretty much see what really is true without being biased to emotions. Also if there is a vision I have and feel strongly about it enough, I spend a great deal of time gathering information and finding ways to make this vision manifest in reality.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

I highly value individuals who can give me constant constructive criticism on what I'm doing wrong until I get things right. This is assuming they actually possess some sort of merit in the area they are giving me feedback in. I wouldn't go to the overweight person to get tips on how to get in shape I would go to the person who looks like they are actually in shape as an example.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?

I often come to conclusions or get aha moments out the blue without thinking but I can tell you every process I used to come to that conclusion. It's sort of like everything just connects past and present data not sure if that's Ti or Ni at hand but it's like this happened because of a,b,c and d and it happens out the blue more times than not.

I also tend to research more so things I'm currently applying in the real world or going to eventually apply in the real world in some shape or form rather than researching for the sake of researching. For instance I wouldn't place a heavy amount of emphasis on researching great white sharks unless I had to write a research paper on them or something to that effect even if I find them interesting. This is not to say I never research things for the mere fact I find them interesting but priority goes to things I want or need to apply in the real world to accomplish something.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mm, it's not too clear, I can see why you would be confused - I also think that by answering with INTP or INTJ descriptions in mind you might be skewing the results a bit. But maybe not. I'm leaning a bit towards INTJ out of those options, for the Te / Fi presence there might be, but I'd probably read up some more as suggested.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
didn't get a clear impression from the responses
see if you relate more to Ti,Ne or to Ni,Te descriptions:

Lenore Thomson's MBTI Wiki Explanation of Functions
MBTI: Descriptions of cognitive functions from various sources

Not sure if this is Ni but often I'm able to find the hidden motives behind peoples actions or words. As an example my dad sent me a text message to give my step mom 20 dollars. I didn't think too much about it at the time then randomly everything just clicks in my head 5mins later out of no where. My step mom asked me for money two days in a row via text prior to today. This would make it the third time in a row now. She was perfectly capable of texting me again however she is very docile and unassertive personality wise. She didn't want to keep bugging me for money herself so she asked my dad to tell me to give her money. Usually I know how I came to certain conclusions more often than not I will ensure that these conclusions are correct utilizing external sources which correlates to Te.

I have often debated if I was just an extremely mellow Intj or an Intp who prefers objective thinking and facts rather than subjective thinking. I know without a doubt that I am a 5w6 9w1 3w2 sx/sp tri type which explains my more reserved laid back demeanor. People always tell me I'm extremely calm but have a serious presence at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts