Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken a few tests and they all place me on either P or J, maybe you can help me figure out which I am.

I tend to never let my emotions show, and rarely even feel them myself.

I keep to myself most of the time, meaningless conversations and drama annoy me.

I always do extremely well on standardized tests, but my other grades haven't shown this( I rarely study and rely on my natural intelligence to remember information and pass, though it doesn't always work well when pitted against an onslaught of meaningless details that are forgotten by everyone the momen they stop being tested on it)

I do consider myself lazy in that regard most of the time, but once in a while I will have bursts of focus and organization.

Right now I have selected intp because that is what a higher percentage of tests told me.

Thanks

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Well do you think you have Ni (introverted intuition) or Ti (introverted thinking) as dominant?
The difference between INTJs and INTPs is not just 1 letter - the whole cognitive function ladder becomes rearranged.
INTPs: Ti-Ne-Si-Fe
INTJs: Ni-Te-Fi-Se
So figure out which functions you use, then you'll know which one you are. Places to read about functions:
ENFP Wiki
MBTI characteristics & 16 Personality Types
Intro to function theory: personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/24032-intro-function-theory-more-detailed-descriptions-each-function-attitude.html

If you are indeed an INTP and not an INTJ you will also find this detailed profile to resonate quite a lot with you: http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You sound INTP to me. Your descriptions match what one of my INTP friends is like.

She rarely studies, never takes notes. Relies on memory. Does good on tests, though.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah you sound INTP. Here's a good question, do you plan ahead? If you do whatsoever than you are not an INTP, lol.
Pfft, that's not true, plenty of NTPs plan things ahead; it's the follow through that's the problem.

Anyway @Tiroth, my guess is INTP as well.

·
Registered
241 Posts
edit: And then I realized this thread is two years old. o_o Please disregard all that text I had here before. XD;
LOL. At least you realized. I would've never known had you not pointed it out.

Too bad I already replied and was quoted. Oh well, details were never my strong point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts