Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, stuck between these two. Before I used to get either INTP or ISTJ. These are my test results:

You are a Type 5 with a 4 wing: "The Iconoclast"

Your tritype is 5w4, 1w2, 3w2.

In enneagram theory, you have one type for how you relate to the world (either 8, 9, or 1), one type for how you think (5, 6, 7) and one type for how you see yourself (2, 3, 4.) Your tri-type contains one number from each of these triads. They are listed in the order of how strongly they present in your personality.

Your core type (your strongest type) is Type 5 with a 4 wing: Type Five individuals are cerebral, intelligent, and complex. Type Five is often called the Investigator type, because they are constantly trying to learn more about the world. To a Five, knowledge is power, and knowing more about the world around them makes the world a safer place. It’s common for a Five to withdraw into their own thoughts and ruminate on intricate ideas and concepts. Type Fives, when they are in a growth state, become self-confident and authoritative like a Type Eight. When they are stressed, Type Fives become scattered like an unhealthy Type Seven. You are a Type Five with a Four wing, which means that the cerebral nature of Type Five combines with the creative nature of a Type Four. For this reason, you are likely to challenge established ideas with new and fresh concepts.

Your second type (your next strongest type) is Type 1 with a 2 wing: Type One individuals have a very finely tuned sense of right and wrong, and they chart the course of their lives by following a righteous path. This doesn’t have to be religious… it can be any set of principles that the Type One finds ethical. Ones are perfectionists, often setting high standards for themselves and others. Type One may very well be the noblest type in the Enneagram. When a Type One is in a state of growth, they become excited and joyous like a Type Seven. When a Type One is stressed, they become emotional and overwhelmed like an unhealthy Type Four. You are a Type One with a Two wing, which means that the righteous traits of a Type One combine with the helpful nature of a Type Two. This makes you naturally inclined to advocate on behalf of other people, and the welfare of others is probably an important part of your worldview.

Your third type (the least-used of the three) is Type 3 with a 2 wing: Type Three individuals are self-assured, confident, and driven for success. Type Threes have a great deal of energy that propels them to excel at their chosen field, and this is why the type is often called The Achiever. Although Threes may not always like it, they’re often looked up to. Type Threes, more than any other type, are the most likely to be a workaholic. When in a state of growth, Threes become more cooperative and trusting of others, like a Type Six. When stressed, Threes become withdrawn like a Type Nine. You are a Type Three with a Two wing, which means that your driven nature combines with a desire to help people. You often come off as charming and outgoing as a result.

Some words that describe you: principled, moralistic, perfectionist, self-critical, ambitious, driven, adaptable, energetic, intelligent, cerebral, questioning.
Your Cognitive Functions:
Introverted Sensation (Si) ||||||||||||||||||||| 9.54
Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||||||||||||||| 9.45
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) |||||||||||||||||| 8.27
Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||||||||| 6.7
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||||||||||| 6.58
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||| 4.98
Introverted Feeling (Fi) ||||||||| 3.94
Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||||| 2.8

Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is very developed.
Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is very developed.
Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is moderate.
Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is low.
Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is low.

Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
Most Likely: ISTJ
or Second Possibility: INTP
or Third Possibility: ENTP

Your cognitive functions are, in order of development:
Si - Ti - Ne - Te - Ni - Fe - Fi - Se

Here are some quick descriptions of your functions, in order of preference:

The Introverted Sensation (Si) function compares past events with current events. Si is associated with vivid memory recall and a reliance on experiential learning. Those with strong Si often prefer to take a 'hands on approach'. On the other hand, those with weak Si often do not benefit from interacting in that way.

The Introverted Thinking (Ti) function is used when an individual analyzes something, breaks it apart, and categorizes and defines its elements. This is the foundation of logical thinking. Ti is crucial in identifying logical inconsistencies and putting together logical arguments. Those with strong Ti usually have an ability to remain objective even when it may bother others.

The Extroverted Intuition (Ne) function is oriented toward generating new possibilities. Ne is all about brainstorming - imagining a variety of possible outcomes and considering them all to be possibly true. Ne is associated with new ideas and innovative breakthroughs.

The Extroverted Thinking (Te) function imposes our own order on the world around us. Te structures the world in logical ways, ranging from the physical world (your desk, your office, etc) to concepts (creating 'flow charts' of ideas in your mind.)

The Introverted Intuition (Ni) function implicitly recognizes that one term can have multiple meanings, and allows the individual to disconnect themselves from the concept of 'objective truth'. This allows those with strong Ni to 'rewire' the connections that form a concept and test it from new and unique angles. This is why the Ni dominant types are often called analysts: they can pull apart an idea and test each individual piece to see how it changes the whole.

The Extroverted Feeling (Fe) function is used when an individual acts in a considerate way to the feelings and beliefs of the people around them. Those with strong Fe can easily empathize with other people and is the most likely to be a 'people person.' Those with weak Fe may find themselves offending people unintentionally.

The Introverted Feeling (Fi) function attempts to find meaning in the world. In this sense, 'feeling' doesn't necessarily mean 'emotions' - it refers to the subjective and subtle sense of value within a situation. It is often associated with gut reactions about the fairness or goodness of an interaction. Those with strong Fi usually care less about objective facts and more about what's fair or right.

The Extroverted Sensation (Se) function is associated with a vivid perception of the world, taking into account details that others may miss. Se is about being closely tuned to the world around you, and that usually translates into following 'gut impulses' and taking great pleasure in physical action. Those with weak Se may sometimes feel 'disconnected' from the world around them.
Any help?...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, missed that post.

Right, to fix everything:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

T/S and P/J

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Weeeell, I yearn for a comfy life, relationships (here's a weak point - I am 100% sure I'm introverted, since I suck at getting a GF), a steady, balanced life and career with no bumps.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

When I can actually come up with proper viewpoint/plans and see people understand and accept my viewpoint/plans.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Seeing people being more intelligent, beautiful, sociable and career-oriented than me.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Regarding non-social stuff, I tend to see the pros and cons. For social stuff, how I and others would feel.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I put emphasis on the big picture, mostly. And yeah, I'd love some control.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Hmmmm, well the best memories I have of "fun" were when I went at a concert and met some really nice people (friends of a friend of mine). I think I felt enough introverted and yet enough brave to actually converse with 'em.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

To theorize.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Not very. I can be organized if I have the proper occasion (e.g. people coming to visit the home) but otherwise I'm a mess.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I'd go for the second option, although I like doing both.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Nr.1.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Nr. 1 and nr. 1.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Nr.2. And actions speak more than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Watch the show.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I try to keep my cool and try to figure things out.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

Being intolerant and closed-minded.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Not quite, since I'm pretty sure that such thing would bore them :p

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

My clothes xD

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Some say that I am a pussy that I don't do some stuff. But I don't like the way they think. Some of them are retarded (e.g. "you should totally smoke marijuana" - I'm not even a smoker. I actually hate smoke, any kind of it.). They would never say that I am a bad person though.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Listen music, mostly. Try to get creative and do some artsy stuff. If I'd have a GF, I'd love wasting my time with her.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
You strike me as a young INTP. It's very clear to me.

By the way, introvert does not equate to girlfriend troubles.

What do you think? Can you accept that?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I can accept, but somehow not sure if INTP = intelligence in one way or another, since I sometimes think I'm a dweeb regarding some issues. xD

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Coming in for a temporary assist. INTP's use Ti and Ne.

Ti is judging the validity of perceptions logically. Ti as a mental process is a collection of threads of thought taking concepts or percepts apart or pulling them together based on rules and criteria.

Ne is perceiving abstract patterns and connections in response to stimuli (either in the external world or in the mind. ) Ne generates new information starting from something existing. Ne focuses on future possibilities.

Can you imagine occasions where you have used these?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Intelligence in general is not something limited to being knowledgeable. Just as it doesn't specifically relate to being observant, savvy, capable, or any one attribute. So any notion that they are related can just be discarded, especially when you are the one giving the description. We all have a set of self limited beliefs, and they are reflected in our personal opinion regarding ourselves. They may be false, but it does have an effect.

However, in regard to the actual question. I would say between those two ISTJ is the way to go. AbioticPrime is incredibly insightful, and so I would certainly consider his answer. My personal reasons for leaning toward the ISTJ side of the house are as follows:

The focus on how people feel, and the fact that riding the fence happens very little in your post. The focus on feeling or observation in general leads to to say xSxx, the conviction in beliefs tells me xxxJ, the focus on yourself (specifically the expression of emotion) says Ixxx. Now, I am NOT very good at splitting up specific cognitive functions, and I immediately discard the information when I see it presented (as output from a test). The reason behind it is, we have notions about ourselves that will dictate answers, (at least I know I do) and as such actual words and feelings expressed by the individual are the best grading factor. I hope my post was at least somewhat helpful. I'm just now really starting out on this site, and in the more specific knowledge associated to personality.

(Take this all with a grain of salt, I have somehow misrepresented what I really mean... but cannot find a better way to portray it at the moment. I am sorry for the wording.)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Coming in for a temporary assist. INTP's use Ti and Ne.

Ti is judging the validity of perceptions logically. Ti as a mental process is a collection of threads of thought taking concepts or percepts apart or pulling them together based on rules and criteria.

Ne is perceiving abstract patterns and connections in response to stimuli (either in the external world or in the mind. ) Ne generates new information starting from something existing. Ne focuses on future possibilities.

Can you imagine occasions where you have used these?
Yeah, I actually can. Thanks for the insight!

@Jxuptosae: Interesting. again, thanks for the insight! Regarding risks - I sometimes take some little but rather awkward risks with girls (e.g. once I sent one gifts with no reason whatsoever and some other stuff.) but not sure how much they contribute.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts