Personality Cafe banner

6141 - 6160 of 6195 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
For a long time I tried to use instagram as a proper photo platform, i.e. only post good photos, and only single photos. None of this "9 photos in a post" that force users to scroll through, like a trashy social media photo album.

Then I went through a phase of posting "9 photos in a post" and I'm a little ashamed of that.

This week I've decided to get back into using instagram for only posting photos that I truly think are worth posting. Artsy, scenic, or whatever. And only single shots.

And so I have these three which I think are pretty cool. All taken just a few metres from my house.

Also I might post a photo of myself sometime soon. When I feel my weight loss quest is complete. Maybe a before/after kinda thing.

View attachment 874550

View attachment 874551

View attachment 874552
this is the battle I have with IG. I want to only post 1 pic at a time. I do not. And I anger myself.

These are cool pictures.

·
Registered
30,516 Posts
For a long time I tried to use instagram as a proper photo platform, i.e. only post good photos, and only single photos. None of this "9 photos in a post" that force users to scroll through, like a trashy social media photo album.

Then I went through a phase of posting "9 photos in a post" and I'm a little ashamed of that.

This week I've decided to get back into using instagram for only posting photos that I truly think are worth posting. Artsy, scenic, or whatever. And only single shots.

And so I have these three which I think are pretty cool. All taken just a few metres from my house.

Also I might post a photo of myself sometime soon. When I feel my weight loss quest is complete. Maybe a before/after kinda thing.

View attachment 874550

View attachment 874551

View attachment 874552
I have tried a couple of times, my phone simply can’t handle the multi-photo uploads so I usually post several photos one after the other.

·
Registered
INTP
6,528 Posts
Went trekking today, got a snap of a road that always looks good on the eye but looks bad to the lens.

I think I might be getting my camera eye back :D Finally got a reasonable snap, I think.

And here's another selfie, sorry not sorry.

Still can't get over the slimness. I think it's the losing of the double chin. Just last weekend I had a sort of podgy face, but now it's suddenly morphed into something I don't mind looking at.

Previous selfie was deleted and this one won't last long either.

[DELETED!]

·
Registered
INTP
6,528 Posts
So I got my car back - WOOHOO!

Meeting my brother to go trekking yesterday, my satnav took me over one of the last wintry roads of the region. At lower altitudes everything is green and almost-like-spring, but up here the snow remains, and I was not prepared for it at all. I got to where we had agreed to meet, then my brother called and said, "Erm I had to turn back, I've come up from the other side and it was too risky."

I was already near to the top, so I figured the safest thing would be to drive slow and go down on his side. Oh how silly I was. My car nearly got stuck several times. Wheels spinning, sliding all over the road, revving the fuck out of the engine in desperation and spinning the wheels without moving an inch, and driving at a snail pace on the downhill parts.

I had to mentally prepare myself for two outcomes:

1. I have to give up and leave my car behind, and walk on foot the few miles to where my brother was
2. I would slide out of control and crash into a wall (not dangerously though, because I was driving so slow)

Somehow I managed to get to the end of the road, and eventually made it to lower altitude where my tyres were on tarmac again. It was perhaps the most impressive bit of driving I've ever performed.

And it did afford me some excellent views!

·
Registered
INTP
6,528 Posts
I'm ultra pleased with this picture.

I told my brother I was going to be on an instagram mission while I was visiting, and I was on the hunt for something that said 'London' as best as possible. My main requirement was "flags and architecture". I got it. And, bonus, I got a red London bus too. And a guy carrying his shopping on a bike handle, which is a staple of any urban photo scene.

Yes, I am pleased with this picture.

Some more here too:

·
Registered
INTP
6,528 Posts
Three weeks ago it was so wintery that I almost had to abandon my car on a snow-blocked road.

Today it was sunny enough to cause sunburn. That's how quick spring comes around in this country. I foresee some blistering hot days very soon. It's weird because the trees are all still bare (though there are many now with blossom and tiny green buds on them), yet the warmth is now very apparent.

I didn't get many pictures to demonstrate the sunniness, plus it was windy so we couldn't really feel the nice basking warmth that such sun would generate, but I got this pic of my brother's dog gazing into the distance, and I like it, so here it is.

·
Registered
30,516 Posts
This is everyone’s favorite visual typing website to which I have no affiliation and desire no affiliation on telling apart se-ne-si-ni eyes.

I have difficulty grasping the nuances, but I think I am on the Se spectrum. The Si eyes are like the upper-eyelids are inside a person’s head.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
This is everyone’s favorite visual typing website to which I have no affiliation and desire no affiliation on telling apart se-ne-si-ni eyes.

I have difficulty grasping the nuances, but I think I am on the Se spectrum. The Si eyes are like the upper-eyelids are inside a person’s head.

Something in that look (and face generally) reminds me of an ENTJ pal. But maybe that's just the cocky edge to your intelligences.

·
Registered
5w4 intp
3,682 Posts
interesting. I grabbed a photo with my eyes in it and compared it to the examples and I'm leaning towards Ni but I'm torn between that and the Se eyes.

·
Registered
Fool
1,082 Posts
interesting. I grabbed a photo with my eyes in it and compared it to the examples and I'm leaning towards Ni but I'm torn between that and the Se eyes.
Oh man, that is the gaze of a person looking into the meaning of human existence and the creation of the cosmos.

Reactions: leftover crack

·
Registered
30,516 Posts
Something in that look (and face generally) reminds me of an ENTJ pal. But maybe that's just the cocky edge to your intelligences.
This alternative typology experience has taught me a couple of things.

1. My affective display is very weak and almost non-existent.
2. If I’m in charge of what I say, the conversation will go a lot of directions and I will only repeat myself a lot.

So choosing to speak less is containing a lot of nonsense.

6141 - 6160 of 6195 Posts