Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is not for discussion but to quote the best posts by members over here. I really did come across some really excellent stuff in the past but now they seem to be lost somewhere amidst INTP theorizing and psychobabble. A sticky would be awesome, I guess.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1. If you think you're a failure, then you're a failure. These things seem to be self-fulfulling.

2.You're 17, which means you're young, and maybe...just maybe...with age you will gain more self-confidence. Self-confidence is key. If you think of yourself as a failure and desperate, and assumedly you are projecting this image, then why be surprised when someone doesn't want to invest their time with you when you don't even like yourself?

3. You're experiencing infatuation. Infatuation is dangerous. You are attracted to the idea of what this girl represents in your mind; however, reality has a way of being completely different. Chances are, these girls you are attracted to are dealing with their own insecurities and issues as well. It helps to realize that one of the few areas that all of us humans share similarities in is that we all have our own fucked up problems, some more than others.

4. Get off facebook. Seriously. Substantial connections are more likely to be built by engaging someone one on one. The idea of being rejected on Facebook is unfathomable and incomprehensible to me. The proper rules of engagement don't apply.

5. Don't apologize for being yourself. Not everyone's made to go on many dates or to always have a bf/gf . Establish friendships first without thinking about dating. This will relieve the pressure you're feeling.
tententententen

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
oh wow, I'm honored. That was my first post back from the hiatus. Is there a gift or trophy I get for this honor?. Johnny Walker Black makes a good gift. I personally thought I had some gems written down in the Zooey Descskdlkjfk thread.

And here's my speech:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't even know why I made this thread. It's like I throw random threads and whatever holds, holds. Stupid past Ishan. Is it because I am bored or it's my Ne going CRAZe.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't even know why I made this thread. It's like I throw random threads and whatever holds, holds. Stupid past Ishan. Is it because I am bored or it's my Ne going CRAZe.
I think it's a good idea man.

Reactions: nadjasix

·
Registered
856 Posts
who is this john green you speak of?
D: You don't know?! He is an author of four YA fiction novels. Looking For Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, Paper Towns and The Fault in Our Stars. He has written other books with people (such as Will Grayson, Will Grayson) but those are the ones he wrote himself.

He is also one half of the Youtube famous Vlogbrothers and co-founder of Nerdfighteria.

Edit: Oh, and the John Green quote in my signature is from Looking For Alaska.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I'm sure I've just scratched the surface... @nadjasix; @Ordev; @RogueWave; @The Phantom

Putting a child on stimulants because they can't pay attention, in a world like the one we live in today, is like getting a puppy, not training it to pee outdoors, letting it lap up water left and right, and then when it pees all over the carpet, putting it on bladder control medication instead of training it to pee outdoors (like you should have in the first place). It may be harder for some dogs to learn, but learn they must.

It makes. no. sense. If children are overstimulated from the time they're born, and they're never properly raised, of course they're going to have no self-control. You're not born with fully developed frontal lobes- they take time to mature. That's why humans need parents until they're quite old; they'd be deadmeat without intensive parental involvement from a young age.

Teachers are not medical professionals. They have absolutely no right to be "diagnosing" people with anything, but the system is set up right now so that most ADD diagnoses are made entirely on the recommendation of teachers. Teachers who are not only not GPs, they aren't psychiatrists. Teachers who may be part of the problem themselves, in many cases. Fully paid up psychiatrists have trouble with differential diagnoses.
I'll get back to you on that.

Maybe.
Well, okay, my verdict is that sex is nice. It's fun and pleasurable and brings you closer with the other person.
I don't really get the obsessive seeking of sex just for the sake of sex, though. The importance of it certainly seems overplayed at times.
Damn it Nadja, there you go telling it like it is again!

Here's a rephrasing of "lazy genius": someone who says "I deeply believe that I'm special, it just doesn't show in any appreciable way, so you'll have to take my word for it."

I used to think of myself as a "lazy genius" back when I lived more in my own head. The problem with living in your own head is that it's an instance of a small fish living in a small pond. And worst of all, this small fish loves his small pond because it allows him to live under the delusion of being a big fish unrefuted.

However, once I started to meet more people, I realized that there are people (get this) SMARTER THAN I AM!!! It turns out, there are actually quite a few of them! But instead of being intimidated by this, I tried harder to raise myself closer to their level. I not only found that they could do somethings better than I could, but I could also do somethings better than they could! So they had to try harder to raise themselves closer to my level.

So when the little fishy gets flushed out to open water, he's going to find that he's not so much a shark but more of a derpy little goldfish. Or in my case, a small, dumb but feisty, beta fish. But being flushed is the only way that the small fish become the big fish they think they are.

If you don't know what the fuck I'm talking about, that's okay, because neither do I.

Basically, I don't believe in the existence of "lazy geniuses". I only believe in "lazy and lucky" and "lazy and delusional". Remember though, luck runs out and delusions ain't reality.
Sex, in any form is a necessary luxury.

I enjoy the chase, I love the get

A naked woman with pert nipples is a wonderful sight to behold.

They smell great and feel fantastic.

They boost my alpha, give me a healthy outlook on life and G me up for whatever is coming.

I'd say a sexless man is a lifeless one.

Now then Ramysa, where do you live?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I may have gone overboard, but these posts were a few that I felt particularly represented our "culture."

INTP's are like the nipple on the titty of debate. They come out of nowhere with all sorts of unbiased, factual information and insight that bring a new light to the debates that they choose to enter.
LIE! That is a filthy lie! I fucking LOVE hugs.

Other than that the rest is pretty much INTP by definition...but no stealth hugs please i'll freak the fuck out
I really need to shut down my laptop and chill, i'm approaching the 48hrs awake mark and could start hallucinating soon.

Also need to find out who ate the last packet of monster munch...
If ginger people became extinct. I don't think I'd miss them. Does that make me a racist? If so why? Because i didn't say i disliked people with ginger hair, I just said I wouldn't miss them if they stopped being born.
I want to run down the street with a machete screaming "For the New Lunar Republic". It won't happen because I don't have a machete. Or a mustache.

I wonder if immortals really aren't omniscient because their immortality leads them to eternal procrastination. "You going to see what the humans are up to?" "Nah, I'll check on them in another thousand years."

I. Love. Cheesecake.

I want to go back in time, impersonate John Napier and call them "barnacles" instead of "exponents".

...I want a jar of dirt.

I feel like I should have five random thoughts, but my Ne stopped at four.

...oh, wait. >_<

Critical mass is like a year, at that point I would have to stop being picky. But then there's the added bonus of being a "slut". The fun never ends. Any FWBs situations I've eeked out have long disbanded since I moved to Dumfuckistan.
I started watching My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic the other day.
I'm actually surprised that many people my age (I'm 19) and older actually like this show.

Do any of you watch the show? :kitteh:

If so then who's your favorite character? Mine is probably either Twilight Sparkles or Rainbow Dash.

By the way, this is the least relevant thread on Personality cafe.
How can you claim to be 100% sure of anything? You silly TJs and your sense of perpetual 100% correctness. *snicker*

·
Registered
454 Posts
This thread is not for discussion but to quote the best posts by members over here. I really did come across some really excellent stuff in the past but now they seem to be lost somewhere amidst INTP theorizing and psychobabble. A sticky would be awesome, I guess.
The irony being that you have buried them even deeper by creating this thread. :laughing:

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think this is really good.

When we are able to detach and be pure observers and pure thinkers, we are very sure of what is in our minds. When we are plunked back into reality (where people have always given us strange looks for the complex/inexplicable things that come out of our mouths, even when we were young), we sometimes become unsure of how to navigate that realm.

I'm sure of what I'm talking about, but 98.7% of the population has no interest in those things. And the other 1.3% (NT's) want to argue with it, instead of taking it as good advice. So I'm sure of what's in my head, I'm just not sure who wants to hear it, who wants to listen, who wants my advice/who doesn't, who values the things I say/who doesn't. I'm sure of what I have to say, I'm just unsure of who wants to hear it. For example, every business I've ever worked for, I knew exactly what needed to change to make it run at optimum efficiency. But, nobody ever wants that input. Nobody wants to do a "complete overhaul" in the name of efficiency. "Nah, that's just too much. You're dreaming!" Or, "we don't have time for such thoughts. We just have to keep producing 400 widgets per minute. Now shut up and get back to work." The INTP knows he has the solution in his mind. It's just hard to convince people of that. Everyone thinks they know better.

If we were ENTJ's, we could implement our thoughts. But, we're thinkers, not necessarily implementers. It's difficult to "implement" Ti. It's more of an analyzing/pondering ---> we're good informants and advisors.

·
Registered
108 Posts
my favorite:
my favorite:
my favorite:
my favorite:
my favorite:
my favorite:
my favorite:
my favorite:
my favorite: