Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello PerC, been a long time! Thought I'd jump on here for a few and check up on things. I noticed that several people have requested an update on my pregnancy, and I am no longer pregnant thank god, he's here finally:happy:.

Matthew was delivered via c-section on April 27th, 2012. I was actually induced the afternoon before, because he wouldn't drop down, so I wasn't dilating, and I was overdue by a week and a half. They used a foley bulb on me to try and speed the process, which at 5am on the 27th, only dilated me to 3 cm. They broke my water at 7am on the 27th in attempt to make my contractions stronger, in hopes that it would coerce him to drop down. Didn't work. So I was in "labor" for just over 9 hours, and only dilated an additional 1 cm, total of 4 cm. Three or four times during this segment of time, the baby's heartbeat dropped dangerously low during contractions. It's supposed to rise during a contraction, not drop. It was the Pitocin adversely affecting him, so after that, my doctor said no more, and delivered him c-section at 4:21pm on April 27th, 7 lbs, 6 oz., 20 inches long.

Come to find out, the reason he wouldn't drop, was that he couldn't. He was a little bit sideways in there, and his shoulder was in the way, so in the end I'd have needed a c-section anyways.

Holy shit do c-sections suck! I threw up on the table, and had a weird reaction to the anesthesia, it immediately gave me a 101 fever, that lasted for more than 24 hours, doctors didn't know what to do. Felt like I was freezing to death the whole time, but they finally got me fixed. Both the best and the worst thing that's ever happened to me. Glad I'll never have to worry about that again, because I got my tubes tied.

Baby Matthew and myself are both doing great. I'm feeling better every day, with the exception of the severe lack of sleep, but that comes with the territory. And Matthew is kicking ass! He had his first pediatrician appointment yesterday, and in just over 2 weeks, he's grown almost 3 inches, which puts him off the charts his doctor said. He's in the 97th percentile, so he's growing 97% faster than other infants his same age. Pretty damn cool. I think I may have a linebacker on my hands here, lol.

All in all, I'm pretty stoked to have him here. It's pretty rough right now, can't lie, but I know it'll only get easier. He'll be sleeping through the night before I know it, and tomorrow he'll be graduating high school, lol. :wink:

464763_2985003913435_1512144112_31887594_1393183288_o.jpg 410920_2979616138744_1512144112_31885629_1098878834_o.jpg 412788_2973294820715_1512144112_31882940_1489710598_o.jpg

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,604 Posts
So cute :)

Congrats.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Hey, there were a few times I wondered how the pregnancy was going when I saw your username.

Congratulations !

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
How awesomely cute! :D

(Okay, that's about as gushy as I'll get. ha ha)

... I know it'll only get easier. He'll be sleeping through the night before I know it, and tomorrow he'll be graduating high school,
You say, jokingly.... but I feel like that is what happens: my "little burrito boy" that I used to wrap up in his bath towel is now 6'5" or so and on the verge of getting his driver's license and finishing his junior year in high school.

it goes fast.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
congratulations!!!! can you type him yet? did you type him yet?

remember to give us a close up of his death stare. we could use a few more of those entries... especially when you have the opportunity now to capture his "younger years"!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Congratulations!
I love that your INTP-ness showed when you gave details of the birth. XD

Reactions: The Unseen

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Make sure you train him in the ancient INTP ways while he's young, if he is to be the future moderator of the INTP subforum.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Congratulations!
Also, glad both Matthew and you are doing okay.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
So... the question I've been longing to ask a new INTP mother.

Do you find your own baby cute?

>:D

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
aww, so cute :D

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
congratulations!!!! can you type him yet? did you type him yet?

remember to give us a close up of his death stare. we could use a few more of those entries... especially when you have the opportunity now to capture his "younger years"!
I actually have not! Just surprised myself by that realization. It does seem impossible to type a baby, and even I don't know what he would be. The only tips on his personality so far that I can give, is that he is unnaturally calm for a baby. Entirely collected, and does not cry, more of a whimper, when he needs something, and that something is very clear 9 times out of 10. Either a bottle, a clean butt, or wants simply to be held. He isn't very needy at all. It's very strange for a 2 1/2 week old. He's just very obviously my son... lol. Nothing like his ESTP father as of yet.

Reactions: Oryx and qingdom

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So... the question I've been longing to ask a new INTP mother.

Do you find your own baby cute?

>:D
On an unbiased note, yes I do. Like other's have stated, most babies are pretty ugly, but I don't think mine is. I think he is pretty darn cute.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
I actually have not! Just surprised myself by that realization. It does seem impossible to type a baby, and even I don't know what he would be. The only tips on his personality so far that I can give, is that he is unnaturally calm for a baby. Entirely collected, and does not cry, more of a whimper, when he needs something, and that something is very clear 9 times out of 10. Either a bottle, a clean butt, or wants simply to be held. He isn't very needy at all. It's very strange for a 2 1/2 week old. He's just very obviously my son... lol. Nothing like his ESTP father as of yet.

calm, collected, self sufficient until need third party assistance... hmm.... HMMMMmmmm...

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
On an unbiased note, yes I do. Like other's have stated, most babies are pretty ugly, but I don't think mine is. I think he is pretty darn cute.
He looks like the person who is holding him in the picture. Uncanny.

My brother was in the highest percentiles for growth at that age and he's 6'2" and 250 lbs now. Tight end, though, not a linebacker.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Congrats! Quite the adorably baby!

I hope I don't offend by immediately asking questions about motherhood. I've always felt as an INTP who needs a ton of time alone that raising a child would be really difficult. How are you doing so far with time not really being yours anymore? This to me is the biggest concern I have about motherhood and my ability to be a mom.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He looks like the person who is holding him in the picture. Uncanny.
I would sure hope so. That person holding him in that picture is his daddy. :wink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts