Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
-I've always assumed my type to be INTP, but I'm considering maybe my function stack is different. Who knows.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
-Clarity in my sense of logic/personal beliefs.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
-I really can't think of a specific time, but I feel most adequate when my grades are doing well and when I'm not inhibited by stress/outward perception.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
-Situations that make me feel inferior are those where I am surrounded my more knowledgeable/competent individuals on a given subject (particularly in an academic/discussion setting).

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
-Whatever makes the most objective sense and matches what I believe.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
-I tend to focus on the accuracy of the outcome; nothing stresses me more than conclusions that are drawn too quickly without enough basis.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
-Sitting in the backseat of a car, sort of absently listening to my friends laugh and just looking at the stars from the window. It was nice to just passively absorb and observe a situation while being alone with my thoughts.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc.)?
-Memorization is generally easier, but theorizing is a bit more fun and helps fill in a lot of the gaps by figuring what is/isn't possible.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
-I'm aggressively messy in almost every aspect, but I enjoy making extensive schedules for my classes. Other than that, though, I wouldn't count on any order for anything else.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
-I think I would search for the underlying process to see if the idea makes sense/is possible, following up searching for other information/studies for confirmation of the idea.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
-I absolutely hate tension between people. It's a huge stressor for me, but belonging to a certain group isn't bothersome. I believe in strongly adhering to what one believes, but I don't mind not being myself in terms of expression.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
-I think before speaking and prefer one-on-one.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
-I generally like to know where I'm jumping, and actions speak far louder than words (people are too fickle).

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
-I'll reluctantly go. I'm rather passive in this aspect, but I don't really mind either way.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
-I definitely keep to myself and become quietly critical of others/reckless.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
-I find myself frustrated with people who aren't deliberate in their thoughts/beliefs and don't match those those with their actions (cognitive dissonance, basically).

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
-I love discussing the origins of things and breaking life down to fundamental properties.

18) What kind of things do people pay the least attention to in your life?
-I'm not entirely sure what this is asking or how I would answer it.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
-My friends perceive me absent-minded, carefree, painfully awkward. I feel as though these are pretty accurate perceptions excluding being carefree.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
-Order sushi to eat at home, scroll through tumblr for a while, maybe drink some wine..I realize how boring this sounds

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hiiii dylanray100~

Seems pretty INTP to me. What did you think your cognitive function stack was instead of the usual?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've often just wondered if I've been confusing Fi for Ti, mostly. I have difficulty distinguishing between the two

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Ti: Precision/accuracy/logic, tends to use exact words/vernacular/terms, framework of knowledge and information
Fi: Authenticity and congruence between emotions, values, beliefs and actions

1 - 4 of 4 Posts