Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the risk of sounding cliché, sometimes life just seems plainly mundane, boring, and futile to me. Do you sympathize? If so, how do you motivate yourself to get up in the morning, go to work, and generally be a productive human being?

·
Registered
92 Posts
+1 on the coffee. The fact that I'm spending money to be where I am now so I might as well get up and get my moneys worth.

Reactions: Saboteur

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I remember what's important to me, what I want to achieve before I'm done. Either my legacy, my friends, making a difference to someone's life, no matter whether it is on this forum, in real life, or by accident and inspiration. I'm a half full kind of guy anyway, there are so many decent authors, artists, musicians, and movies to explore. Restaurants to eat in. Countries to visit. People to laugh with. I rarely get bored of activities, I find that if I'm happy, then it's usually a boundary issue, not so much what's available to do or not, it's in me.

perhaps try something like List your goals on 43 Things which will get you out of your shell and into new areas. Get some friends and make a bucket list with them of things you would like to do, maybe just small silly things you would get a kick out of. Either way find out what is important to you in life and go for it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
well...i wake n bake...and then i take a shower...then i go back to bed and wait for my welfare check.

(thats actually just what i think my future will be like not my present...cept the shwers n weed thats right now)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah, existence is unconditionally stupid, and the point of living may be something like "distracting oneself until death" (as morbid as that is). That being said,

My outlook: Live as hedonistically as possible. Fleeting fancies and guilty pleasures ahoy?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah, existence is unconditionally stupid, and the point of living may be something like "distracting oneself until death" (as morbid as that is). That being said,

My outlook: Live as hedonistically as possible. Fleeting fancies and guilty pleasures ahoy?
Yeah, I once answered a question about my thoughts on the meaning of life by saying something like, "propagating my genes as a way to keep myself entertained while waiting to die."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, I'm trying to avoid coffee... but we'll see how well that works.:wink: It's pretty hard, I generally need other people to help motivate me. It's kinda troublesome, and can lead me into conflict. Wish I could make myself more motivated.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I'm trying to avoid coffee... but we'll see how well that works.:wink: It's pretty hard, I generally need other people to help motivate me. It's kinda troublesome, and can lead me into conflict. Wish I could make myself more motivated.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who usually relies on others for motivation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts