Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem like a very basic question to you people, but as someone to whom sex is a muddled and confusing topic, I am wondering: what is it for you INTPs? What is your attitude towards it? Who would you have it with? What do you feel afterwards? Do you find something you like and stick to it, or are you all about experimenting?

·
Registered
293 Posts
This may seem like a very basic question to you people, but as someone to whom sex is a muddled and confusing topic, I am wondering: what is it for you INTPs? What is your attitude towards it? Who would you have it with? What do you feel afterwards? Do you find something you like and stick to it, or are you all about experimenting?
A really close connection.

Someone with whom I'm really close.

It's fun. :)

It depends. Sometimes I feel clingy afterward and sometimes I don't want anything to do with them.

Experimentation is best.

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
i'm a virgin (that fact surprises just about everyone i tell) but i have a perverted mind and sense of humor worse than a guy. i think when i find the right guy we won't be leavin the bedroom. scratch that, things will be breakin all over the apartment :wink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I love it with a right partner at a right time. I did a lot of research on the biomechanics aspect of it when I discovered how good it could be, to get more out of it. I am willing to experiment, and I tend to spice things up in my head. I love the afterglow, naked. BTW, a computer kills my sex drive:confused:

I tried to date casually when I was really lonely, and it never worked. I was too choosy to get laid until I was really in love with somebody.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sex is fantastic with a beautiful female who is a bit submissive and open minded.
Whips, canes, bondage, bruises, knifes, all tools of the trade.

If they aren't kinky, I suppose it's okay (then they'll be short-term fuck buddies unless they capture my heart). I'm a big fan of casual sex, and to that degree, I suppose I'm somewhat of a man whore, though respectful.

The more kinky it gets, the more I must trust and know the girl (stability is important)...something I'm currently fighting.

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
I've never had sex, don't really feel any need for it at this stage in my life and I could probably spend the rest of my life without sex. Even so, I still have sexual thoughts and there are quite a few things that I want to try.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Haven't had sex yet. I gotta lie about it to the people I hang with, otherwise they would NEVER leave me alone.
Would like a gf, but haven't found anyone yet.
Casual sex?...... I'm not even sure if I would want to.....
Experimenting?.... Couldn't hurt to try..... or maybe it might, idk........

·
Registered
438 Posts
Lots of sex with the right person. Love it!. I feel deliriously good afterwards and like to be comfortabe and close. I like new environments. Indoors, outdoors, public places. I like to experiment. Trust void of trepidation is a must. Mmmmmm sex is gooooood.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Never had it.
Have issues considering it, but it does cross my mind... frequently, especially since I came to uni, where I feel like sex is such a commonplace thing and here I am hiding behind my veil of insecurity and trauma.

It's so frustrating.
Sometimes I feel like I could do casual sex, sometimes I feel like I would be a wreck if I tried it. I'd probably be open to experimenting. I don't even know.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Sex is great! Sex is good! Not everyone does it, but everyone should! :crazy:

Well, when they're ready.

No one should feel pressured. When you're ready it will happen. A week later you may regret it. Or a month later. Or a year later. Hell, 5 seconds later with some people (ba da ching)! Just make sure it's not 9 months later. :tongue:

That all being said, I don't suggest waiting until marriage. It's like looking at all the flavors of ice cream in every grocery store ever, without being able to taste them, and then deciding that, that one, over there, is the only one you're going to eat. :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
!

I appreciate flirts, coquettes, any mental foreplay. Seduction is an art and a successful seduction makes sex much more enjoyable. As an INTP I have enjoyed being the victim and the aggressor.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
I'm in CG's camp here. It's best when you let the flood gates open and just go with it. Our shadow is our extroverted feeling function and if sex isn't extroverted feeling, I don't know what is. Sex is a time to explore the dark side of the psyche; the place to which we've banished all of our confusing and terrifying bodily and emotional sensations.

·
Registered
29 Posts
as an INTP I am emotionally distant from most people- and often times put up a facade. Thus it is hard to get to know people very intimately. However, for me sex or any affectionate physical behavior is linked to deep trust and ready acceptance. Sexual activity is an easier way for me to show more affection and emotion. Letting down the boundaries far enough to actually have sex is difficult and I have yet to entrust myself fully in someone else's hands.

However, I'm sure that once I let myself go I'd be all for experimenting. I'm pretty open minded and creative- especially being an artist with a mind often in the gutter.

·
Registered
85 Posts
After a few failed attempts at getting a relationship started with a girl, last summer I decided to lose my virginity in Amsterdam. For me, it was weird: I wanted to be intimate and have an emotional connection, but you can't kiss a hooker (well, not the type I was contracting). I ended up forcing myself to complete so I could get a sandwich. Seven years of practice paid off in terms of stamina :p . It was disorienting because while I technically lost my "v-card," I still felt like I hadn't had a "real" experience.

I tried hooking up with a few guys over craigslist, but I chickened out at the last minute. That and I was/am busy with school.

I think the integral part of sex is the contextual relationship and intimacy. While I think I would be able to isolate sex, I don't think that it is "whole" when it is cut out of love.

Overall, I don't recommend losing it to a whore, paid or otherwise. If I could do it over, it would be with someone I deeply care about.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Never had it.
Have issues considering it, but it does cross my mind... frequently, especially since I came to uni, where I feel like sex is such a commonplace thing and here I am hiding behind my veil of insecurity and trauma.

It's so frustrating.
Sometimes I feel like I could do casual sex, sometimes I feel like I would be a wreck if I tried it. I'd probably be open to experimenting. I don't even know.
Seconded. I'm not in uni yet, but I where I live people start "early".

1 - 20 of 146 Posts