Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This should prove interesting depending on participation interest. Title should be self explanatory.

INTP sub-forum group project for 2012-04-29: Swap avatars with another member

Most of us tend to recognize automagically the person who post a response based on avatar picture before name before post content.

So I propose for a week, every day, each member swap his/her avatar with someone else.

Each member is responsible to maintain their swap configuration for the week; do not post up the schedule.

There should be no overlapping or conflicts between members who does the switch daily.

Timezones or set time to change avatar need not be arranged. It just needs to be the next new day, if the person remembers; that's part of the purpose of this exercise.

At the end of the week, we'll collect and share our experiences under a new thread of how this activity works out. That's not to say in between the week, we're not all allowed to comment within the threads we respond to pertaining to the avatar swap, but not encouraged because another purpose of this exercise is how we quickly we can get our brains to adjust, adapt, recognize, and maintain 'changes' with comfort, familiarity, and difference.

No psychoanalysis or questions on my head just yet. This is just some out-of-the-blue thing that just popped into my head this morning.

Participants, list your name below. Suggested list to maintain is as follows:

Sunday -
Monday -
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -

You can swap with the same person the same week, given that there are no scheduled conflicts with said person. Although if you choose not to follow this, even more hilarious depending on the results.

** Do note, changing your avatar will affect your historical posts as well. In doing so, the effect is going to be a trippy experience in itself. For everyone.

**** Do remember to ask for permission via PM. Do not assume anyone who posts a response or thanking this thread as automagically entrants. Not everyone is fond of the idea of playing the imposter game.

*** No limits, no restrictions. You can swap avatar to whomever you wish (but be sure to ask for prior permission first from them via PM) This means any you can all look like me for a day or the entire week, whichever and however you choose.

*** I take that back.... one restriction. No name change. I think this is against forum rules for impersonating a user. In addition, there's a chance you may not be able to change back to your original name. So you can take this out of your pool of ideas for mischief and mayhem. =P

I can't wait for the mind games of next week. This will be interesting.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm up for it!
But I'm not as active as some other members, so keep that in mind if you're willing to swap with me :).
PM me if you want an awesome ginger-avatar reeking of ESFP-ness (just to mess with people's heads) :).

Edit: Lol, nevermind. I just realized I'll be gone on Tuesday --> Saturday (and even further), off to a wedding of my brother in Ethiopia.

Nice initiative, though!

Reactions: qingdom

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
This may bring forth a serious sensory fail for numerous people...

I actually know members by name and pic though, but I'm in! Who wants to switch with my awesome cosmic wonders avatar?

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
quingdom, I choose you.

Random Note: I am participating and don't really care with whom. We need a new avatar a day, correct (well, at least for it not to be boring)?

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Sign me up. :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Do we change our avatars AND our screen names?

I'm all for screwing with people's minds ... and having my own screwed with.

·
Registered
729 Posts
This may bring forth a serious sensory fail for numerous people...

I actually know members by name and pic though, but I'm in! Who wants to switch with my awesome cosmic wonders avatar?
I'll switch with you!

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Edit: Lol, nevermind. I just realized I'll be gone on Tuesday --> Saturday (and even further), off to a wedding of my brother in Ethiopia.
No worries, you can still play. Just switch your avatar for Sunday and Monday. Your historical posts would still appear different for people reading historical threads that you replied to. =P

Who wants to switch with my awesome cosmic wonders avatar?
Thank you. I'll be borrowing yours if I may. Mine is up for grabs by anyone.

You can steal my Damien Hirst "LSD" avatar any time you wish.
Thank you kindly, Nadjasix. Don't mind if I do.

quingdom, I choose you.

Random Note: I am participating and don't really care with whom. We need a new avatar a day, correct (well, at least for it not to be boring)?
Let's make it simple. The entire week will be swap avatars with everyone week. No limit, no restrictions. Although, best to ask for permission from person you'd be borrowing the avatar from first.

Sign me up. :)
Woohoo! To be Snakecharmer for a day. It'll be a huge responsibility and rather difficult to pull off, but thank you!

Do we change our avatars AND our screen names? .
Avatars only. Changing screen names is a nono. Cannot impersonate (against rules, I believe). And run the risk of losing screen names if switching it out. Wouldn't recommend. But if that was possible, total bizarre mind warp indeed.

Yeah! So @qingdom when does this switch commence?
Next Sunday. Saturday evening into Sunday morning @ 12.00am whichever timezone. Not recommended to start any earlier.. it'll spoil everyones' anticipation for waiting with everyone else. =P But I cannot hold that against you if you do decide to.

·
Registered
729 Posts
@qingdom

Gotcha. Mind if I borrow your avatar for a day as well? I think I'd be taken care of for two/three days then ... I think...

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@qingdom

Gotcha. Mind if I borrow your avatar for a day as well? I think I'd be taken care of for two/three days then ... I think...

No limits, no restrictions. The entire week is swap avatar to whoever you want week (just ask for permission to use their avatar first). This means more than one person can appear as Ablysmal or Signify at any given time as an example. No need for a scheduler. Have fun. =)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts