Personality Cafe banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Nr 5 for sure, except for the part about getting laid, that many in the thread seems to be on the same page with - nr 5 minus the getting laid part.

So I'm probably not nr 5 as the author has written it three times - almost as someone has told him "lol you're an intp faggot" and he wrote and explanation "you can be one of these 4 subtypes of intp or this one awesome get-laid subtype that I am, that gets laid a lot, and also get laid a lot."

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I have an ex who kind of fits 5. He's a world traveler and linguist. He's not materialistic nor a pseudo intellectual. He just figures things out in his head and lives by his whims (he never plans ahead). I talked him into not leaving his very staple job several years ago. Today he's rather thankful to have listened. He makes a decent amount with generous benefits and time-off for him to indulging in touring the world on his bike. He is good looking and sexy and gets more in demand now that he's in his 40s. A lot of 40/50 something women are divorced and sexually needy. However, he hates planning but not many middle aged women can be spontaneous (work and kids, you know) therefore he gets hookups but not often.

I have also dated a golden boy. The description fits him like 80% (college at 15, med school at 19, Googler, really good at several high skill required sports, etc.). He also married his first serious GF and got dumped by her before he turned 30. He can talk to people who are highly intellectual (the academic types), those who are unconventional and smart (the ENTP jokester type), or working in his field (nerds and geeks) with ease. But he's not as fluid socially with the general public.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I relate to no. 5 quite a bit actually. I did the enneagram test on perc and scored high 7 and 9 repeatedly, and no, I'm definitely not ENTP.

I also do get quite a lot of male attention and could probably get laid a lot, but I'm not overtly risque or sexual in my demeanour or appearance at all. That's not to say I'm not attractive lol, I'm more on the cuter side thanks to genetics. I'm actually very reserved and indifferent, maybe that's the drawing card?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Probably no.5 minus the ability to get along with anyone and getting laid a lot. Although the latter is due to choice, considering I'd rather be in a relationship and get to know the person first before having sex, than meaningless flings. I also relate to a tiny bit of no.4.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think I'm most like the third type

·
Registered
1 Posts
In a strange way I'm proud to see that something I wrote nearly 14 years ago is still making the rounds on the internet. Doubly laughable that the majority of people here took it so seriously. I'll let you in on a little secret - it's completely out of context. It was written on the INTPopen yahoo group describing some very specific individuals as a joke, and was by no means meant to really explain anything about INTPs in general.

Lack of context plus time seems to create a monster. I think that's how Jesus went from being some dude good at carpentry into the son of God.

·
私を愛して
ESTJ; LSE; 3w4; Sp/Sx
14,683 Posts
5 and then 2.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Don't agree with the modern narrative that religion is for idiots.

This type has given internal logic up for the external imposition of logic. This is usually due to severe bullying and ridicule as a child, which causes this INTP to be crushed to an empty shell – the perfect vessel for religion.
Also shows the author to be caught up in his/her own biases too much, since you can tell what they approve of and what they do not.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Also shows the author to be caught up in his/her own biases too much, since you can tell what they approve of and what they do not.
That's not nearly enough to imply being caught up in one's own biases. Anyone can tell what a person approves/disapproves of when that person shares her opinion.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts