Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just a few remarks. The video lacks a convincing structure; you should have limited yourself to presenting only the five domains with their six facets. Instead, you left out the facets, but you defined the domain ‘Conscientiousness’, for example, exclusively with the facet (self-) discipline, which is nonsensical, because a domain represents its six facets, but a single facet cannot represent the domain. Then you always call the domain 'Openness to Experience' wrongly 'Open to experience'. Research results and Jordan Peterson’s opinions, the guru of the would-be J types, should be reserved for other videos and not just hinted at. As these five personality factors do not change significantly, there is no need to worry about self-improvement; the task is not to change the personality from INTP to ENTJ but to find the optimal place in society for yourself. Well, maybe you just lost a bet and are now forced to make YouTube videos under the charming name ‘the AFRICAN pseudo-intellectual’.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made the video for a certain audience and meant to be just an Intro to the Big 5. i posted here to get outside view. Thanks for the comment.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
You're speaking quite aggressively. And some of your cuts (to images) are pretty messy; feels like the whole thing dates back from the early internet boom.
That said, you're a pretty good public speaker. The material you're reciting is probably 'true', but a touch too theoretical. Work on adding some stuff/insights of your own, so you can present it in a more relaxed, casual attitude.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're speaking quite aggressively. And some of your cuts (to images) are pretty messy; feels like the whole thing dates back from the early internet boom.
That said, you're a pretty good public speaker. The material you're reciting is probably 'true', but a touch too theoretical. Work on adding some stuff/insights of your own, so you can present it in a more relaxed, casual attitude.
Thank you for your comment. I am new to video making and I promise I'll get better in time. My upcoming videos will be less theoristical and more about my observations in life. I would like to hear what you think.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Thank you for your comment. I am new to video making and I promise I'll get better in time. My upcoming videos will be less theoristical and more about my observations in life. I would like to hear what you think.
Yeah sure man, drop it on here in this thread whenever you like.

·
Premium Member
INTP (I thimk) 5w
15,345 Posts
I made the video for a certain audience and meant to be just an Intro to the Big 5. i posted here to get outside view. Thanks for the comment.
I like it the way it is as an intro.

·
Premium Member
INTP (I thimk) 5w
15,345 Posts
I made the video for a certain audience and meant to be just an Intro to the Big 5. i posted here to get outside view.
What interests me about the Big 5 ever since I first heard of it some months ago is some more intuitive foundation. Lacking that I can't remember it so well. I would like something that if the Big 5 did not exist, could it be recreated? Let's see, starting with a personality:

Openness - receptive to outside imposition
Conscientiousness - clear purposeful function
Extraversion - other people focus
Agreeableness - harmony with outside
Neuroticism - internal conflict

If one can't ensure these are distinct and complete, I won't be satisfied. How do each of these correlate if at all?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts