Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[So, this is one of those threads.]

Okay, I'm INFP.

Yet an INTP friend of mine has brought up that I *could* be an INTP. I disagree. I argue that I'm INFP with a strong Ti.

*His observations*: I prefer to make decisions in a logical, objective manner; highly analytical; direct; not easily offended. Side things: enjoy debates, researching, facts.

Can you all throw out INFP-specific questions at me?

I'd go dig around some more, but honestly, I'm too lazy and the task seems overwhelming. (ADHD)

And I thought this could be more fun.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
[So, this is one of those threads.]

Okay, I'm INFP.

Yet an INTP friend of mine has brought up that I *could* be an INTP. I disagree. I argue that I'm INFP with a strong Ti.

*His observations*: I prefer to make decisions in a logical, objective manner; highly analytical; direct; not easily offended. Side things: enjoy debates, researching, facts.

Can you all throw out INFP-specific questions at me?

I'd go dig around some more, but honestly, I'm too lazy and the task seems overwhelming. (ADHD)

And I thought this could be more fun.
Why did you type yourself as an INFP?

Reactions: BellaVita

·
King of Seduction
ENTJ
7,338 Posts
If you know you're an INFP and you disagree with someone who thought you were an INTP...
Why would you want a supply of "INFP specific questions"
Is the thread here to make you potentially reconsider or to disagree and reaffirm your position?
If you think it's possible to reconsider your stance why did you proclaim you were so sure?

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
You do seem rather sure of yourself(which in itself could point to you being INFP), but if I were you I'd read more on the cognitive functions of each type, and try to figure out which fits you best. Logical thinking /reasoning alone doesn't mean that you are automatically an INTP, and being feely and gushy doesn't automatically make you an Fe dominant.

Go through and research both types, and try to figure out where you fit the snuggest.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
No need to intuitively think too hard on this one.

You can feel your perception is accurate enough already.

Nice glasses, btw.

*zing*

·
Registered
971 Posts
5w6 INFP seems like an extremely rare occurance for an INFP. The way you type can also be seen as very annoying for some people (as a probable INTP, I find the bluntness amusing though). First impression wise, you seem more T than some people in this forum.

I thought I was INFP for a long while, and if it turns out you really are INFP with those traits you mentioned and the way you write (which is like the only thing making me somewhat sure I'm INTP ahah), I would probably go back into doubt and might consider describing myself as INFP. I still type INFP sometimes in tests.

Also consider other types, especially INTJ or INFJ, because ADHD or being ''lazy'' is not enough to discard it (assuming you didn't go further into analyzing already). But heh, you seem so sure of being INFP, yet you don't explain why you think so. Hard to discuss anything. This thread is pretty useless until you elaborate. Not all INFPs or INTPs are the same.

·
Registered
589 Posts
If you know you're an INFP and you disagree with someone who thought you were an INTP...
Is the thread here to make you potentially reconsider or to disagree and reaffirm your position?
If you think it's possible to reconsider your stance why did you proclaim you were so sure?
This. Exactly.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
It would be really strange for an INFP to have a strong Ti. Its your weakest function out of all 8. I think you are mistaking your Enneagram for MBTI here. 5w6 is the problem solver. I had a similar issue with my enneagram being 6w7, which is typically very SJish.

My advice would be to chat with an INFP and an INTP to try and test your type. Potentially also take a video of yourself talking a random subject of interest. I did that a while back and it reassured me of my INTP-ness. I can help you with the INTP thing if you have the time to chat. I have an INFP friend who is very stereotypical of the type that I could use as a reference as well.

MBTI and Enneagram really don't matter I suppose, but it helps with self introspection and growth. Tests for both won't really matter if you aren't sure of yourself. Often times your true nature is obvious to everyone besides you.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
Giiiiirrrlllllll

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Well I used to date someone a lot like you except she was a brunette and she said the kind of stuff you say, so I'm thinking you're INFJ.

TBH, fuck MBTI, what did Carl Jung know about anything, he spent his life making systems instead of living it.

Gunnars are yellow aren't they?
Those are not gunnars, although gunnars come in "crystal" (clear) lenses too, but they're for graphical editing etc., stuff with colours

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Reactions: BellaVita

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
TBH, fuck MBTI, what did Carl Jung know about anything, he spent his life making systems instead of living it.
Have you read The Red Book? I haven't, coz I'm pretty sure it'd depress me to no end to see how made the dude's inner workings were.

Those are not gunnars, although gunnars come in "crystal" (clear) lenses too, but they're for graphical editing etc., stuff with colours
So they actually serve a purpose then? The glasses, I mean.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I want a supply of "INFP specific questions" to see if I more strongly relate to the INFP type rather than INTP.

The answers I provide would further help determine whether or not I *do* lean more towards INFP or INTP.

I am sure I am INFP. My INTP friend and I are having a silly "debate," and I do trust his intellect and knowledge on the topic - therefore there *is* the slight possibility that, after all, I may have typed myself incorrectly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You do seem rather sure of yourself(which in itself could point to you being INFP), but if I were you I'd read more on the cognitive functions of each type, and try to figure out which fits you best. Logical thinking /reasoning alone doesn't mean that you are automatically an INTP, and being feely and gushy doesn't automatically make you an Fe dominant.

Go through and research both types, and try to figure out where you fit the snuggest.
You are correct. I was just stating the words my INTP friend has described me as.

I have done research, have studied (although not extensively) the INFP and INTP personality types and their cognitive functions/orders and feel more comfortable with Fi being my dominant function. I simply [as previously mentioned] have what I think is a highly developed Ti.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I want a supply of "INFP specific questions" to see if I more strongly relate to the INFP type rather than INTP.
Well, since nobody else is actually humoring you:

1) What are your top five (or so) most passionate views that drive you? (E.g. a religious one, a social one, a scientific one, etc.) Put them in order of strength.

2) How did you come upon these passions, and why do you feel they are important?

3) Why do you feel your first passion is so much greater (important to you) than the fifth (or other) passion(s)?

Answering these with reasonable detail should give us a strong clue, especially if you answer the #2 and #3 questions with a lot of information.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts