Personality Cafe banner

How do you handle tasking?

• Uni-Task - w/o prioritization; "take a number" approach (regardless of importance)

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Uni-Task - w/ priortization; tackle important ones first

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Multi-Task - w/o prioritzation; "whatever came first" approach

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Multi-Task - w/ priotization; chip away important ones first

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Poly-task - concurrently taking on several multi-tasks of unitasks or multitasks

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • It Depends.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Meh. Procrastinate.

Votes: 13 33.3%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you go by completing tasks? Do you do the brute force method of tackling each task individually? Or are you pro-enough to juggle a few? Even greater would be juggling multi-tasking in a uni-task (polytasking)?

When does it become overwhelming? Would it be better or worse if a deadline was involved?

although as INTP's, we can adapt to multi-tasking quite easily. Whether it's efficient to multi-task or uni-task judging from the amount of work given to us is another story. Being able to polytask requires a mindset to not overwhelm us while multi-tasking.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I can multitask, but I can't well. my attention will be drawn to one task, and I'll temporarily forget about the others. A problem if they are time critical

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
When I have a lot of work at hand, I just shut down. System overload (!) and I end up procrastinating.

Not saying I don't procrastinate when I have a single task... meh.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Multi-tasking as a result of procrastination?
That should fall into the category of "Multi-Task - w/o prioritzation; "whatever came first" approach"... If you procrastinate and started to multi-task to get underway, there wouldn't be any prioritization and the tasks would be like 'meh... ' so whichever came first.

That's how I would interpret it.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I do bi-tasking, where one is usually more important than the other. It's probably a form of procrastination, so one is the w/ priortization and the other is the w/o priortization. Whenever I become frustrated with one of them I move back to the other. It's a like a ping-pong game. The trick is to always complete a proportion of each task before switching.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
That should fall into the category of "Multi-Task - w/o prioritzation; "whatever came first" approach"... If you procrastinate and started to multi-task to get underway, there wouldn't be any prioritization and the tasks would be like 'meh... ' so whichever came first.

That's how I would interpret it.
Spot on. That's what I voted for anyways. Or you're a wizard. Would explain a lot.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
When I can muster a fuck, Uni-Task - w/o prioritization

Actually, I do prioritise in the sense that I’ll pick the task that is most fleshed out in my mind, so I can get something done quickly and not feel guilty. I like thinking the more complex tasks through, but I can get distracted whilst in thought rather easily, and end up wasting days at a time.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,624 Posts
Nooo.

I can't multi-task at all.

Uni-task with prioritization.

Reactions: qingdom

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
When I really try to apply effort to something, I usually start off attempting to concentrate on one task. I get myself rallied up thinking "I'm gonna do this! YEAH I will finish this!"

Within a couple of minutes, my mind wanders, I get bored, or I get frustrated, and then I try to tackle something else I have to do. The final result: numerous unfinished tasks that are then completed the day before they are due :unsure:

·
Registered
729 Posts
All of these apply to me ... but I went for "procrastinate" because it's what I do most usually.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My eyes shot right down to 'Meh. Procrastinate' and shot straight for it.

Multitasking? Me? No way. One little noise can set my brain zooming off and away from whatever I was focusing on.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I laughed at loud upon reading the last option.

It sounded something like "ha-hu-ha-ha" in a really short, abrupt spurt.

·
Registered
988 Posts
When I'm done procrastinating, I multitask, because even on the best of days I have the attention span of a squirrel on nitrous oxide--the best way to keep my focus is to engage as many tasks as possible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts