Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What, in your opinion, would be the major differences...if any...
And why does it seem so acceptable for a guy to be one, and its seems odd when a girl is one?:bored:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Well besides the obvious physical differences...not much. However many would assume that an INTP girl is better at accessing her feelings but this is not always the case. Unfortunately I've never known any INTP women. I keep meeting extroverts :dry:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes sense... I would just like to find out from other INTP women out there how they think they differ from the stereotypes..
And bummer..lol..though maybe you shouldn't narrow yourself to INTP women since they are supposedly so hard to find...
**Feels more alone then ever**
Lol..after reading other threads.
Oh well :proud:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
There are no differences regarding the theory. But in reality there are often the normal gender differences. In relationships, a male INTP will be more likely to go for an INFJ, while a female INTP will be more likely to go for an ENTJ (according to some discussions and polls that I've seen).

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
That makes sense... I would just like to find out from other INTP women out there how they think they differ from the stereotypes..
And bummer..lol..though maybe you shouldn't narrow yourself to INTP women since they are supposedly so hard to find...
**Feels more alone then ever**
Lol..after reading other threads.
Oh well :proud:
There are many INTP women in this forum Twinkle. They must be asleep or hiding atm:crazy: I would bet that they will help you find the answers you are looking for sooner or later.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:crazy:

Maybe one of the differences is already being shown to me...
From this I can see for now only guys have been responding...
And in another thread too...
So that could mean something..
Maybe they're just evil...

Yup.
I'm making progress. :proud:

Reactions: geGamedev

·
Registered
49 Posts
Let's use math!

If: Man>Woman
Man>Woman /*INTP
INTP Man > INTP Woman

Simple enough, just kidding ladies :wink:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
What, in your opinion, would be the major differences...if any...
And why does it seem so acceptable for a guy to be one, and its seems odd when a girl is one?:bored:
I must be compelled to answer someone with a Daria image :)
Well, the thing is obviously with the gender thing. Some things are considered womanly, and others, manly. I think a world without gender, sex, or clasifications, would be better for anyone. We'll live freely.
I don't think it's acceptable really for a guy to be one, maybe, but you know, girls have to be feely, love Justin Bieber's song, like babies, and be good mothers. This perception is changing a bit but if you look really hard, in my sad opinion, everything's the fucking same. Girls are still more xSFJ, and I don't know until what point is it social. I think there's a large number of girls who are really like that, but if we didn't force some roles, maybe some people would be a bit different.
The same goes with guys. Guys can't be INFP. It's not manly.
I think it's terribly sexy. xD.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Well besides the obvious physical differences...not much. However many would assume that an INTP girl is better at accessing her feelings but this is not always the case. Unfortunately I've never known any INTP women. I keep meeting extroverts :dry:
Heck - accessing my feelings? No way. Show me an INTP fully in touch with his/her feelings and I'll show you some prime real estate in Florida swampland.

From my relatively short time on here, I seem to go against the norm because a)I'm a Christian (albeit not a very good one) b) Few people irritate me, c) My sense of humour is a little warped and sometimes misunderstood, d) I understand sensors better and e) I am somewhat conformist in some ways (conservative in a lot of attitudes, but a theory is never set in stone. Ever. Else I set out to disprove it)

·
Registered
672 Posts
I think a world without gender, sex, or clasifications, would be better for anyone. We'll live freely.
Could be an interesting discussion for another thread. However, classifications are within our control, looking at it fundamentally, the MBTI is just a label, religion just a label etc (Gender being the way we are born, sex, although considered recreation a lot of the time does actually mean the human race continues - so both don't perhaps have impossible solutions, just not seemingly immediate solutions). Men are supposed to beat their chests, kill and drag a bison home for dinner, wifey is meant to be there waiting to cook it. OK, extreme example, but the attitude in some cultures that people should be a certain way, personality, career, outlook, ambitions, mapped out, is basically because of the culture they grew up in and "that's the way it's always been done" (the last sentence being a red rag to a bull to any INTP, anywhere)

Whether you could change attitudes and culture worldwide....well...that's one for the philosophers.

Reactions: AkiKaza

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let's use math!

If: Man>Woman
Man>Woman /*INTP
INTP Man > INTP Woman

Simple enough, just kidding ladies :wink:
Umm wow..lol..
sure, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Reactions: ientipi

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, the thing is obviously with the gender thing. Some things are considered womanly, and others, manly. I think a world without gender, sex, or clasifications, would be better for anyone. We'll live freely.
I don't think it's acceptable really for a guy to be one, maybe, but you know, girls have to be feely, love Justin Bieber's song, like babies, and be good mothers. This perception is changing a bit but if you look really hard, in my sad opinion, everything's the fucking same. Girls are still more xSFJ, and I don't know until what point is it social. I think there's a large number of girls who are really like that, but if we didn't force some roles, maybe some people would be a bit different.
The same goes with guys. Guys can't be INFP. It's not manly.
I think it's terribly sexy. xD.

Lol..
Very good points...:proud:
And i agree. :laughing:
Anywho...
I think I act quite normal...and fit in with "normal" girls...
I look like what's expected (not on purpose) I just happen to like "Girly" things..
included with that, video games too though :cool:
But for the most part i'm not that different from those social norms.
Yet i'm still pretty sure i'm an INTP...
Hmmm.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heck - accessing my feelings? No way. Show me an INTP fully in touch with his/her feelings and I'll show you some prime real estate in Florida swampland.

From my relatively short time on here, I seem to go against the norm because a)I'm a Christian (albeit not a very good one) b) Few people irritate me, c) My sense of humour is a little warped and sometimes misunderstood, d) I understand sensors better and e) I am somewhat conformist in some ways (conservative in a lot of attitudes, but a theory is never set in stone. Ever. Else I set out to disprove it)
Same here...
Though I think i'm pretty much in touch with my feelings...
Hence my confusion. :confused:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And why is that if I may ask?
:confused:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
but the attitude in some cultures that people should be a certain way, personality, career, outlook, ambitions, mapped out, is basically because of the culture they grew up in and "that's the way it's always been done"
Culture is created by the people, which means it's based on human physiology and physical environment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Since females are expected to be more emotional and live life trusting their gut, I'd say it's harder for INTP gals since we differ quite a bit. That being said, INTP women are probably more likely to impress males in working life due to our sedated emotions. In terms of social life, it's probably different. Me myself have had a hard time to find a guy who is comfortable with me being so "cold" (I don't think I am :()........ I believe that both genders that have INTP personalities tend to fall for someone with a slightly more vivid emotional expression; perhaps it's a form of admiration.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Since females are expected to be more emotional and live life trusting their gut, I'd say it's harder for INTP gals since we differ quite a bit. That being said, INTP women are probably more likely to impress males in working life due to our sedated emotions. In terms of social life, it's probably different. Me myself have had a hard time to find a guy who is comfortable with me being so "cold" (I don't think I am :()........ I believe that both genders that have INTP personalities tend to fall for someone with a slightly more vivid emotional expression; perhaps it's a form of admiration.
My ESFJ boyfriend and ISFJ best friend remind me how cold I am everyday :tongue:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts