Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure, like the other threads, there have been a ton of questions pertaining to INTP women, namely on matters of how to "woo" them and the like. I'm just guessing.

My question is similar. What do INTP women like to do? What kind of places do you like to hang out irl? What do you, personally, find attractive in a male/significant other?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I am sure, like the other threads, there have been a ton of questions pertaining to INTP women, namely on matters of how to "woo" them and the like. I'm just guessing.

My question is similar. What do INTP women like to do? What kind of places do you like to hang out irl? What do you, personally, find attractive in a male/significant other?
1. I like to read, my computer, stargazing, taking care of my pet, riding my bike...
2. I'm often at the library.
3. Honesty, intelligence, kindness, being funny. Shared interests also helps.

·
Registered
297 Posts
What do INTP women like to do?
~I like to do almost anything that doesn't involve running or spherical objects traveling at high speeds. And I am not that interested in mechanics, architecture, history, or anything to do with pop-culture. I really like to read, learn, take long walks, debate, and experiment. (You can identify me because I will have a can of Monster in my hand and/or a book and/or a backpack)

What kind of places do you like to hang out irl?
~I am sure you mean besides the place at which I reside (I am there most of the time). Other than that you can find me in class (I am a college student, although I am sure after grad school it will just change to I am teaching class) or in the library. You can also find me in places where I do not hang around for longer than I must such as the bus or a place that sells food. I am almost always alone because I really do not find company necessary, although it can be pleasant.

What do you, personally, find attractive in a male/significant other?
~Intelligent, considerate, hygienic (I am obsessed with smelling good/people that smell good), is honest, is more decisive than me (I am not decisive), etc. Being really into science also helps. Not finding silence awkward is a must. Enjoying theory and/or theorizing is also necessary. Keep in mind I have worlds inside of my head, it might help you to get to know them.

(I don't know whether to apologize or say you are lucky; you caught me on a day which I am unusually long-winded)

·
Registered
75 Posts
What do INTP women like to do? What kind of places do you like to hang out irl? What do you, personally, find attractive in a male/significant other?
I cannot speak for all INTP women, but I like to do almost anything...alone. Now alone or with my husband, an INTJ. I like new stimuli and input so I will try almost anything once or twice, but don't be surprised if I make inappropriate social commentary or correct the cashier or whatever honest/mean thing I say.

I am mostly at home, but sometimes I like to hang out in other quiet places. Places where everyone keeps to themselves and enjoys their choice of caffeine or alcohol. NOT the library, because people are loud there. I will go anywhere my dog can go too, and camp out with something to read and a coffee if the people watching is good.

I met my husband in college. A humanities class where class participation was part of our grade. In hog heaven, because INTPs love debating, I crushed the ignorant and sometimes false logic of my classmates with glee. Most people were not interested in chatting me up afterwards, but my husband sent me an email praising my insight combined with logic and experience. Being an INTJ he understood me like no one else, and I did the same for him.

Again, though I can't speak for all INTP women, the following are attributes in a man that I think most INTP women would require:
Intelligence- equal to or greater than my own.
Tenacity- you will need it.
Kindness- I believe everyone should be kind and considerate in a relationship.
Willingness to Learn- I don't want anyone to change, but being that I am a complicated woman, I need someone who is willing to learn what I need and why. In return I will give myself to my partner completely and try my hardest to learn their needs as well.
Shared Interests- We don't need to be the same person, but we should be able to discuss most topics at length and not be bored.
Leaving me Alone: Not all the time, but a lot. That to me means that we can be in the same room, but I should feel alone, and so should you. I'm not sure I am expressing this the right way. But for example, my husband is sitting next to me right now with his ipad being silent. A documentary is on TV, but not too loud. I feel alone, sort of like we are just one person on different sides of the couch. It is blissful.
Be Honest and Open: In life, to me, to yourself, and in sex, especially sex. Because when I don't feel like being alone, I feel like fucking. And I expect a lot in the bedroom(or any other place in my home), because otherwise what is the point?

I hope this helps and Good Luck with your woo-ing.

·
Registered
213 Posts
What do you like to do?
Not much. I like to sleep, go on walks, go to school, go on my computer, maybe (attempt to) self-study math/science if I'm not too busy, and just relax.

Usually in my room. Maybe outside, near my house.

First of all, he'd have to be a good Muslim, my parents would have to get to know him, blah blah blah (I'm a religious, goody two-shoes; I'm not sure how many other female INTP's are). Aside from all that, we'd have to be friends first, or at least acquaintances. Also, he would have to make the first move. I've never been in love before, but if someone who I liked as a friend/acquaintance and I could date asked me out, I'd give him a chance (I'm very unattractive and beggars can't be choosers.). He probably shouldn't be an introvert (it would be a really awkward relationship), but he can't be the type of extrovert who tries to force introverts "out of our shells", and he can't be controlling. I don't really care about looks. He has to like cats and not want kids. He has to be a science/math nerd. Nerdiness is a must!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Girl2Guy Translation

Nerdy Guys = Hot guy with glasses.

Don't go whooping out your Yugioh cards just yet.
LOL. Yeah, all these trendy people trying to be "nerdy" or "geeky" just by putting on a nice pair of glasses and carrying around a popular electronic device made from a company with a fruit for a logo has really make me doubt they know what a geek or a nerd is. Dam, that is the longest sentence I've written, but the true nerdy and geeky should be able to understand it without reading it twice. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
-I like to read and write, and sketch and act. I play the violin. I also like outdoorsy stuff, but that's probably more a Colorado thing than an INTP thing. I get very excited about geeky television shows too. I often just sit and think, and daydream, and analyze stuff...

-I love anywhere lots of books can be found, so book stores or libraries. I also enjoy the mountains quite a lot. Camping or skiing, and just being out in nature is great for me. I love going on hikes, which lets me appreciate nature and also to withdraw to my thoughts while still actually getting out and active, which is honestly rare for me. I love being on stage and working on a production too, or watching a play or orchestral concert. Museums are nice. I hate anywhere too crowded. Parties are terrifying, especially dances.

-I find kind, intelligent guys with similar interests to me, with whom I can hold intellectual conversations without worrying about them dropping dead of boredom, very attractive. A sense of humor is a definite plus, and it would definitely be much easier if he was able to pull me out of my shell, because I struggle a lot with social things. Acceptance and understanding are very impressive, because I am not used to being understood or accepted by most people. I like unique, quirky, geeky guys the best. Physical appearance holds little importance to me, either in myself or others. If you are willing to be yourself very outwardly and confidently, I will be very impressed indeed, because I place a lot of value on individuality.

I hope that helped!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I like to learn without being given a schedule. I like to have open minded debates. I like to test my boundaries with a safety net. Books are my first love, music is my second. I like architecture, comedy and justice. People who are fake or wallow in ignorance turn me off. I imagine so many things, and hope to be a few of them.

·
Registered
19 Posts

I love to read anything that piques my interest, whether it's Wikipedia, fantasy, fiction, non-fiction, horror, sci-fi, and even romance. I draw, write, and listen to music. I watch a lot of movies. The more twisted or ironic the better, but I will watch any genre (anime, kung-fu, comedy, horror, action, etc.). I love almost anything outdoorsy (stargazing, hiking, camping, fishing, walking, 4-wheeling, dirt bikes, snowboarding, swimming, road trips/traveling), but I do not play sports. I will go to almost any sporting event, but I will only watch football, occasionally MMA, and some basketball on tv. I like to play video games sometimes.

What kind of places do I like to hang out?

I enjoy being at home the most. Though I can appreciate going almost anywhere. I like going to the theater (movies or stage), festivals, amusement parks, bars, clubs, concerts, state or federal parks, the beach, lake, museums, etc. I also like to see weird roadside attractions, visitor attractions, and world record attractions.

What do I find attractive in a male?

-Intelligence for sure.
-Good sense of humor (preferably twisted, sarcastic, and perverted)
-Patience, tenacity, and the capability/willingness to know what and why I do and need certain things. In return I will do the same for him.
-Considerate or at least respectful towards others
-Similar interests in music, movies, and topics to discuss
-Honesty is a must. I have no interest in playing games. If you need or want something talk to me about it. Don't blow up on me because I didn't notice something you thought you were being obvious about. I more than likely won't react to your angry outburst, and if I do you won't like it. I definitely need honesty and openness when it comes to sex. The more comfortable I feel sexually the more I like to do. When I am with somebody, and I am mentally with them, more than likely I want to have sex.
-He also can't be too cool to get goofy sometimes, or at least not get annoyed or embarrassed when I get quirky and goofy. When I get in those moods it doesn't matter who's around.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I am seeing an INTP girl right now. I think she became attracted to me because I speak my mind, talk about weird shit, and am not afraid to get kinky.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am seeing an INTP girl right now. I think she became attracted to me because I speak my mind, talk about weird shit, and am not afraid to get kinky.
Hate to be a stickler, but unless she is really young, you shouldn't call her a girl. Some women find it demeaning. Although, I find myself accidentally saying it about people I went to High School with but then I correct myself.

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
Hate to be a stickler, but unless she is really young, you shouldn't call her a girl. Some women find it demeaning. Although, I find myself accidentally saying it about people I went to High School with but then I correct myself.
It's an individual thing. I know women in their 50's and older who use the term 'girls'.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Research, Tetris, smoke da dank kush, converse, read, art, music
I like to write.

At school, I spend my time alone in the computer lab, playing Tetris.
I hang out around restaurants a lot.. Starbucks is always nice.

Modesty, self-composure, ambition, deep thoughts, knowledge, wit.
I personally don't put too much importance on appearance, so long as they take care of themselves. Scents always seem to catch me on a hook.
Oh, and he must bow down to me and kiss my feet…
and I'll do the same.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What I like to do:
research stuff online
work out
Learn things that are of interest to me
Cook (try out new recipies. Im not good at consistently making the same thing)
Read books
Play strategic games
Watch trashy tv shows
watch movies
Daydream

Where i hang out:
home
Gym
cafe
Sometimes in clubs

What i find attractive in a man:
intelligence
Fashion sense
open mindedness
Must be athiest
Multilingual (i speak 4,he better have 3 or more)
works out
Takes care of his appearance but not metrosexual level
has to accept me for who i am
Not be a sensor-feeler

·
Registered
1,282 Posts

I like to read and watch stuff like The History and Food Network Channel. Then I like watching movies. I find I like a little bit of most types of movies, EXCEPT most romantic ones! If I had more than my son and me to cook for, I'd love to sharpen my cooking skills. I also take classes at my college. I'm into health science stuff.

I really like to go to the museums here, particularly the natural science, health, and history ones. Or I like taking a walk around the park in the area. I absolutely enjoy taking my son out to do kid things, like taking him to play video games and have pizza buffet, McDonald's to let him play while I study, children's museum, the water park & beach. I have a little bit of a kid inside me. Then there's going out to eat at different types of restaurants: Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, Mexican or Tex Mex, Italian, Greek, etc. Also, I like going to the gym in spurts. And of course if I have the time, I'll go to the bookstore or library. That's very relaxing for me.

Making me laugh is a must. He needs to be fun to be around. As far as intelligence goes, I would like it to be the ENTx sort. I find they fulfill what I need the most concerning what's mentioned above.

I'm becoming used to completely bald 6'+ men on the thin side. But I've never really had a type in mind. I just can't be repulsed.

·
Registered
866 Posts
What do INTP women like to do? What kind of places do you like to hang out irl? What do you, personally, find attractive in a male/significant other?
I`m interested in intellectual pursuits, as well as arts. I`m interested in socializing with guys who have same type of interests. I like smart, philosophical men. For a date- or finding someone- I prefer cultural events, groups & places. It doesn`t mean, however, that I block other types of pass-times but that I mentioned my ideal. To date someone, physical attraction is important, too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts