Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:kitteh:

I'm just wondering if there is a general rule as to how affectionate an INTP is, particularly males. My boyfriend is an INTP - a very very stereotypical INTP, and he loves cuddles. I'm pretty sure he would cuddle me all day if there wasn't like, life stuff to do. And I'm not complaining! I love it.

I'm just wondering because some people here like to live up to the "wut r emoshuns?" stereotype. Maybe in private with their partner they are actually really affectionate little cuddle-monsters? :kitteh:

Thoughts?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I think it's different for different INTP's, there isn't a "general rule" so I can't speak for anyone else. However, I know that since it's normal for an INTP to be naturally detached they my have various ways of expressing affection. When I was in a relationship I didn't like cuddling a lot and the person I was with wasn't "cuddly" either. Either way I won't touch the person or really express my feelings about them until trust has been developed over a period of time.

Reactions: Katchoo

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
Some INTP's are prone to shock therapy. They'll love it more if you zap them with hugs and/or cuddles.

The more intense the shock hug or shock cuddle, the more they'll become curious how much they can withstand.

Like moths to a flame, so to speak. Or attempting to pick up an opened chestnut with its spikey shell intact using bare hands.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Not a fan of physical contact in general. I've learned to accept handshakes, but I still shy away from people trying to hug me. I can learn to tolerate them from people that I'm close to, though. And of course I can push away that discomfort for the purpose of sex (though part of me really wants someone to invent the sex thingy from Demolition Man).

Even as a kid I was like this. If someone tried to hug me, I'd run away and hide until they promised not to.

So, yeah, I'll do it to make the other person happy, but I can't say I enjoy it. I usually spend the time thinking "how much longer until I can stop?"

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I was always the stereotypical "don't touch me" INTP, so I cringed at hugs, pats on the back, or any physical contact with anyone. It was a while ago that I then experienced emoooshuns during my first relationship. My then boyfriend was determined to prove that I was a secret "cuddle fiend," so when I first experienced cuddling, he took note of how I reacted. I was interested as well when I didn't seem to mind it. It didn't take long before I was officially deemed a cuddle fiend. I now say without hesitation or shame that I lurve cuddling (when it's with someone I really care about).

Moral of the story: emoshuns may sometimes turn the stoic INTP into a pile of feelz goo.

·
Registered
9w1 sp
2,887 Posts
Good stuff, lol.

I also tend to feel more comfortable conveying affection physically in general. I feel like it comes out more well-expressed, though I'd peg some of that on how the people in my life respond (no, I'm not that touchy, lol).

·
Registered
552 Posts
Until the age of 21, I was pretty much "don't touch me". Then, an ENTJ (of all types) cuddled me, and I've been a cuddle fiend ever since. I think there was some kind of imprinting that happened.

I'm relatively particular with whom I cuddle, but under the right circumstances I'll cuddle all day. I do poorly with verbally expressing affection so it's pretty lucky for me that I like it.

Reactions: Katchoo

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I've had limited romantic experience. It would take a lot to get me to the point where I'll feel comfortable cuddling, but I can imagine that, yes, I'd probably be a major cuddle-monster if I ever reached that comfort level.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Cuddle + not romantically involved = Get the bloody **** off of me!
Cuddle + romantically involved = MOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

I do poorly with verbally expressing affection so it's pretty lucky for me that I like it.
I think this has a lot to do with it.

I'm so completely hopeless at expressing love in any other way, that as a result I overvalue touch. So for me, cuddles are intensely personal. If I'm not involved with the assailant, it's a huge invasion of privacy. However, if I am involved with them, then cuddling is about the only way I know how to show my love (and I subsequently can't stop).

·
Registered
859 Posts

I'm just wondering if there is a general rule as to how affectionate an INTP is, particularly males. My boyfriend is an INTP - a very very stereotypical INTP, and he loves cuddles. I'm pretty sure he would cuddle me all day if there wasn't like, life stuff to do. And I'm not complaining! I love it.

I'm just wondering because some people here like to live up to the "wut r emoshuns?" stereotype. Maybe in private with their partner they are actually really affectionate little cuddle-monsters? :kitteh:

Thoughts?
I think a person's love language is more important than their MBTI type in this regard. I personally love cuddles, although there are some periods of time when I don't want physical contact.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I quite enjoy the cuddles. Having a girl's head resting against my chest just seems to calm me in some sort of way. It doesn't make sense, but it works.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts

Thoughts?
I do. I think it's easier to show emotion physically, like with a hug or cuddle. To me that's as close, emotionally I'll probably ever get to someone. I like hugs too. I have a baby brother who is 16 years younger than I am. Nothing better than giving him a big bear hug :). really that's the only thing I want. If it wasn't for cuddling, I could turn my back on women forever with ease. but cuddling is comforting. and only cuddling fulfills that need of comfort. like this guy says:

I quite enjoy the cuddles. Having a girl's head resting against my chest just seems to calm me in some sort of way. It doesn't make sense, but it works.

yeah, we're like wild beast. lol. oh and I love when girls have long hair.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Im fine with touching and everything as long as i like the person not so much if its a stranger. More on point i do like cuddles mainly cause i don't actually have to do anything but progress is made.:tongue:

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I like physical affection from people I'm very comfortable with. I don't like initiating it - I never know when it's appropriate or not, so I tend to just... not. If someone I like gives me a big hug, I do tend to feel happier.

(Although my friends seem to like playing games seeing how long they can touch me before I tell them to get off... An ongoing thing is for them to all put their hands on my back, especially when I'm playing Mario Kart.)

Reactions: Nordom and eks
1 - 20 of 47 Posts