Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There's currently a thread like this on the NTs forum, but I want to read you INTP fellas on this thread.

What/was is your experience (if any) on drugs (any type)?

If not, what's your overall thought on drugs? Do you think hallucinogenic drugs (like LSD, etc) may offer you a new perspective as people tend to say? Or do you think the only thing it does it's fry your brain?
Do you think weed should be legalized?

This kind of stuff I want to discuss with you INTP people.

About me: I've tried weed once, and I had what they called "white-out", and got sick for some weeks (yeah, weeks, feeling dizzy and stuff) and this happened the 2nd time I tried it.
Since I got a bad experience with the stuff, I don't feel like trying it anymore, nor any other drugs (rather than the occasional alcohol with some friends).

·
Registered
5,991 Posts

Very little. Some weed in college with some total dipshits. My roommate was a dealer and I got tired of him eating my Pringles.

If not, what's your overall thought on drugs? Do you think hallucinogenic drugs (like LSD, etc) may offer you a new perspective as people tend to say? Or do you think the only thing it does it's fry your brain?

I'm not a drug user and do not see it ever happening. My brain is already jacked up plenty with anti-seizure medication and I want to keep my wits as long as possible so would rather never take that risk.

18+ would be my stipulation. Just not in my backyard.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I have never tried any non-medical drugs, partly because I wouldn't know any to buy them from and partly because I have always seen it as not being worth the risk. I haven't even had interest in researching them at any point. (though those pictures with spider webs were fun to look at)

I find the idea of it to be a shallow experience, if I wanted a filter over the world I would go to instagram. =P
Though I have always wanted to see a dragon. ;-)

Weed should be legalised for medical use, the side-effects should be fully mapped and then a possible 18+ legalisation depending on the results.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Lots of prescribed shit. My doctors treated my body like a laboratory for years.
A few psychotropics when I was younger (for meditative purposes only), but always under strictly controlled conditions.
I've never been into social-recreational drug use.

I'm quite interested in ethnopharmacology (ethnomycology etc.) and transpersonal anthropology.
I would very much like to try iboga and ayahuasca, preferably as part of native rites of passage.

Weed should be legalized and regulated like alcohol.

Reactions: Alfador

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have an extreme interest in hallucinogens and disassociates and have done lots of research on them. I plan on trying shrooms soon hopefully, but ofc I'm hitting the wall of having no clue who to get them from. I tried to grow, but it's a pain in the ass, ended up giving up cause my cakes wouldn't fruit. Even though it interests me i don't think I'd try LSD, just because of the stories of permanent damage I've heard
Also i think alcohol, tobacco, and pot are not my thing(read as a waste of my time and money). I have zero interest in trying "downers" or "uppers". Even if someone offered i would say no to them.
I have however tried a 4th level trip of DXM. I would actually place that as one of the best decisions of my life.
Something about escaping reality into a world completely made by my mind sounds like a dream come true.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I believe that marijuana should be legal for adults over the age of 19, and it be highly taxed and regulated by the government. That way the we can keep track of its use and take profits away from criminals. Psychedelics have interesting effects on our experience of consciousness, but the secret to life isn't hidden in them.

Reactions: Nordom and Alfador

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
There's currently a thread like this on the NTs forum, but I want to read you INTP fellas on this thread.
there's currently threads like this on the intp forum
http://personalitycafe.com/intp-for...ey-do-you-do-drugs-how-old-you-where-you.html
http://personalitycafe.com/intp-forum-thinkers/88301-intp-drugs.html
http://personalitycafe.com/intp-forum-thinkers/47975-intps-drug-use.html

i tried alcohol when i was younger and based on my experience then, and my witnessing others using drugs, i decided i would never touch a drug except for medical need.

weed should be legalized, but with restriction. the freedom to swing my fist ends where the other guy's nose begins. as long as you weed use, alcohol use, etc does not infringe upon my right to be safe on the road, in my house, happy, etc. then i dont care what u do to yourself.
This kind of stuff I want to discuss with you INTP people.

About me: I've tried weed once, and I had what they called "white-out", and got sick for some weeks (yeah, weeks, feeling dizzy and stuff) and this happened the 2nd time I tried it.
Since I got a bad experience with the stuff, I don't feel like trying it anymore, nor any other drugs (rather than the occasional alcohol with some friends).
thats smart. some people have to do things many times before they learn their lesson.

correction: if they learn their lesson.
not that everyone has such a bad reaction, but if you do, then you shouldn't keep doing it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are heavily outdated, and I wanted to hear some of the new people opinions.
Strangely though, I haven't found these topics using the search bar, if so I would have unburied them, lol.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Strangely though, I haven't found these topics using the search bar, if so I would have unburied them, lol.
Well they can be unburied, as I was able to dig them up.

At any rate:
Since you're new here, ima cut you a break. today. So won't you make like a tree and get out of here. lol.

Im jk.

This is how you find stuff on PerC

1. go to Google
2. type in personalitycafe.com and the thing you wish to search for (example: personalitycafe.com intp drugs)
3. press enter and mwalah! Presto! You can see all the results

As you will see there were actually more than just those three, I was just too lazy to post them all. So I chose the 3 most recent
:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have an extreme interest in hallucinogens and disassociates and have done lots of research on them. I plan on trying shrooms soon hopefully, but ofc I'm hitting the wall of having no clue who to get them from. I tried to grow, but it's a pain in the ass, ended up giving up cause my cakes wouldn't fruit. Even though it interests me i don't think I'd try LSD, just because of the stories of permanent damage I've heard
Also i think alcohol, tobacco, and pot are not my thing(read as a waste of my time and money). I have zero interest in trying "downers" or "uppers". Even if someone offered i would say no to them.
I have however tried a 4th level trip of DXM. I would actually place that as one of the best decisions of my life.
Something about escaping reality into a world completely made by my mind sounds like a dream come true.
I'm the same way. I'm extremely interested in hallucinogens. Shrooms are hard to come by, you have to know the right people to get them. You'd probably have an easier time coming by somebody that knows where to get LSD. But yeah I chanced on someone that had some lab grown shrooms and jumped on the opportunity to try them. It was a really cool experience. I still want to try Mescalin and DMT, which are more powerful hallucinogens than shrooms and LSD.

I'm just really curious about how these things will affect me. I want to experience these different stimulants to see what they're effects are.

I used to smoke a lot of weed, I don't anymore. It helped me with stress and insomnia. I got some strains that helped me with pain, too. But let's be honest, I smoked it to get stoned, not for any medical reason- that was just a plus. I don't think it's harmful. In my opinion it's less harmful than alcohol and I've read studies that show the long term effects of marijuana use, which don't seem as damaging as that of alcohol, which is legal for some reason. It's better than cigarettes, seeing as weed has never been known to kill a third of its users.

I think marijuana should be legal and decriminalized. It's senseless sending people to jail on these draconian sentences for something as stupid as using a drug that's basically harmless. I mean, it pacifies even the worst of people and puts them in good moods. It's not harmful or addictive and relatively easy to quit- far easier to quit smoking weed than to quit smoking tobacco.

As far as other drugs, they're far less common and some are even harmful. I do a lot of research on anything before I put it into my body. I'm of the opinion that if a drug is highly addictive and damaging it should not be legal and should not be tried even to experiment. Heroin, Meth, Crack, and Cocaine are a no-no to me. They damage their users and leave them in a bad place, they're highly addictive and the effects of doing these drugs are long term and harmful. Anything else is open.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Marihuana is tricky, some people can't get high, others get really stupid, others just chill, etc. How did you smoke it? Mixed with tobacco? You basically smoked too much and the first times are crazy because your neuron receptors are very susceptible to cannabinoids; once you build tolerance you rarely get white-out, unless you mix with tobacco, shit's never safe.

I think marihuana should be legalized because it's God given nature and no one has the right over anyone else to forbid it. I use a vaporizer, which is healthier and more effective. At first I chose marihuana because I had general anxiety and I was really disappointed with my therapists and the fucking pills they gave me. It worked miracles, my life hasn't really changed (still INTP, you know) but I'm happy and way more confident. I'm doing great on college, I'm fit, I'm cultured and I like my life so I would never say weed made my life worse (maybe for a while, but there's always a process).

I must warn about it though, marihuana should be legal ONLY for those older than 21, smoking it regularly while your brain isn't mature is dangerous, it can affect a normal growth and trigger mental disorders such as schizophrenia on a very young age.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Marihuana is tricky, some people can't get high, others get really stupid, others just chill, etc. How did you smoke it? Mixed with tobacco? You basically smoked too much and the first times are crazy because your neuron receptors are very susceptible to cannabinoids; once you build tolerance you rarely get white-out, unless you mix with tobacco, shit's never safe.

I think marihuana should be legalized because it's God given nature and no one has the right over anyone else to forbid it. I use a vaporizer, which is healthier and more effective. At first I chose marihuana because I had general anxiety and I was really disappointed with my therapists and the fucking pills they gave me. It worked miracles, my life hasn't really changed (still INTP, you know) but I'm happy and way more confident. I'm doing great on college, I'm fit, I'm cultured and I like my life so I would never say weed made my life worse (maybe for a while, but there's always a process).

I must warn about it though, marihuana should be legal ONLY for those older than 21, smoking it regularly while your brain isn't mature is dangerous, it can affect a normal growth and trigger mental disorders such as schizophrenia on a very young age.
I think I gave it 2 little shots on marihuana, and got very dizzy, both times I've tried it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
There is a lot of mis-information out there about drugs and substance abuse/ addiction. I did attend a lecture by Professor Nutt when he visited my uni and what he said made sense. There are a few of his lectures/ documentaries on youtube that are worth a listen if you want to get an impartial opinion of the current state of research (or lack thereof) in this area.

Possible links- https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=professor+nutt

Personally, I smoked a fair bit of hash, weed, skunk etc when I was younger. I still maintain that a couple of years after I stopped my memory started deteriorating a little. That just might be a convenient excuse though. Hearing that resin was often mixed with other stuff to bring up the weight or rolled in other addictive substances (eg london hot rocks) made me super cautious of accepting anything that i didn't roll myself/ actually watch being rolled. I also tried other natural stuff like 'shrooms (made me pretty paranoid) and salvia (did nothing for me- a little head rush like poppers but a nauseous aftereffect). Might try peyote in the future if I come across it but only on that off chance.

I never liked the thought of the pharmaceuticals so stayed away from them. As well as coke, speed and e - don't like the way people behave when they are on them so never felt bothered to try them. Was on morphine once in hospital- it was an experience, with the added euphoria of suddenly not being in really bad pain any more. That was a wake up call- I will never touch opiates because I now understand how they could be seriously addictive.

As to legalisation- I say go ahead. If alcohol can be legal with it's known side effects and obvious detrimental effects on society, then so can everything else. I'd also rather the governments, that have to deal with the social issues anyway, get the money in direct sale or tax, than the criminal organisations. The insanity that surrounds the trade in illegal substances, and the so-called countermeasures against it, is such a farce if you really sit and think about it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I smoke weed on and off and enjoy it more by myself and not with others because i become much more introvert consumed in my thoughts. I have always wanted to try shrooms but don't know where to get them. Weed should be legalized and i can write pages on why so I'm not even gunna try because ill feel compelled to write it all haha. I also enjoy alcohol with others only for good social experiences. Tried coke but did nothing for me was like really strong caffeine and i don't like being energized in that way. Smoked ciggs from 20-24.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Lots of experience with almost all kinds of drugs as a teenager. Saw what I needed to see; most things lost their appeal as I've matured. I'm not going to list because if you've heard of it, safe to assume I did it.

Drugs are not inherently bad or good. They are inherently dangerous though. That pretty much sums up my opinion on them. Anything you do (including drugs) can give you new perspectives. But that doesn't mean that those perspectives are worthwhile, necessary, or particularly enlightening in anyway. LSD and ecstasy were the only drugs that ever really radically altered my perspective on life, and that was only the first time I did each. After that, they were no different than alcohol or pot; fun to party with.

DMT only changed my perspective in that it showed me how stupid and gullible many people are, based on all the urban legends and bullshit people say about it.

Weed should be legalized, not for it's medical purposes, which are mostly illusory. Should be legalized cause there's no legitimate for them to be illegal, and prohibition has done more harm than not.

Whatever your "white out" was... was almost definitely unrelated to the weed.

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
If it is smoked, swallowed, or absorbed... I've done it. If it requires snorting or needles, I haven't.

Willfully forcing your brain to change its perspective by introducing foreign chemicals is a pretty INTP thing to do.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Drugs are not for me. I have tested some.... If I want to get "high" I will not sleep. Oooh dizzy feeling, and my thoughts are making sense. I need to write this down. I am a genius. When I am about to read my notes later on:

Reactions: Alfador

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've only ever smoked pot when it was readily available for me, I'm usually very quite and thoughtfull. Ate pot brownies twice and both times took a nasty downhill turn. Recently tried Hashish which apparently is like weed but has more THC, that made me so giggly and silly and I pretty much was very talkative loud and hyper.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts