Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think you can tell a lot about a person just by the way they eat. So, I'm curious to see if there are any specific eating patterns with INTPs...

For me, personally, I like food that is quick to make (or at least fun, like barbecuing). My breakfast is usually just a banana and tea; lunch something bigger (often frozen meat from a weekend's barbecue, a carrot and boiled potatoes); dinner an apple and some cheese.

I don't really like fast food, but I'm curious if other INTPs are more inclined to eat fast food because of how cheap and easy it is to get? Or do some of you guys like to cook and bake? I most certainly don't.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Like most things, my eating habits vary. but in general they are....

Breakfast = Americano, Greek Yogurt, Banana

Lunch = well rounded mixture of all food groups

Dinner = Meat, Salad, Bread

Fish at least once a week.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Like most things, my eating habits vary. but in general they are....

Breakfast = Americano, Greek Yogurt, Banana

Lunch = well rounded mixture of all food groups

Dinner = Meat, Salad, Bread

Fish at least once a week.
Could it be your shadow ESFJ making you do these things? Just talking about different types of food sounds very Martha Stewart-ish to me.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I eat almost everything, not allergic to anything, not favourite food, not hating anything.

I hate when somebody asks me what would you want? I am like I dont care. And they are disappointed that I have no preference. I am just not picky.

Reactions: Hurricane Matthew

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I like cooking, but am usually too lazy to do so. I keep my cupboards stalked with KD and ramen. I always have a frozen pizza in the freezer, and bacon in the fridge(I just love bacon, what can I say?)

I don't really have a regular meal plan, and usually just eat whatever I feel like at the moment. Except for my morning coffee, I can't live without that.

Reactions: MissElle

·
Registered
196 Posts
Could it be your shadow ESFJ making you do these things? Just talking about different types of food sounds very Martha Stewart-ish to me.
I try not to think about it. As you can see in my Avatar Pic, I am indeed in the kitchen wearing an apron and all! I like food. food is good, and while I don't have a schedule I keep or anything crazy like that; what I posted is what I've observed my average tendencies to be. I don't watch my weight or count carbs or anything, I eat what my body craves when it craves it, my cravings just happen to be healthy ones. :)

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,665 Posts
l like ''cooking''. l wouldnt really claim that l can cook so as not to mislead anyone.

l like food a lot, too. But l have a lot of cravings and borderline hypoglycemia lol. l didn't eat as much until adulthood, and something just went off and l was sooooo hungry :crazy:

l'm not fat.

l find relating this to functions to be a tiresome endeavor and don't view food as sensor territory, although l do think an SP foodie person will likely have a more refined palate.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
Breakfast: porridge

Lunch: peanut butter sandwich, apple, chocolate bar

Some kind of snack like an apple or biscuit or something.

Dinner: anything that takes less than 20 minutes to cook, preferably something I can leave to cook itself or can be microwaved (while at university, I lived on cheap rice, quorn stuff and veggies every night).

I'm very lazy with cooking - I just can't be bothered to put time into something that'll be gone in about ten minutes.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I couldn't care less about cooking; I go out to some cheap place and eat whatever they have. If not, I go out to buy some chips or hot dogs at some fast food place. I have horrible eating habits, sometimes I only eat once a day, sometimes more than thrice a day, there is no specific time for breakfast, lunch or dinner for me, just whenever I feel like.
I will probably die younger than you guys. :bored:

·
Registered
750 Posts
I try to only cook a couple times a week.

On the weekend I make a massive 20-ish egg frittata with cheese and veggies, then cut it into 7 portions. Each morning I just heat one up and grab a piece of fruit.

Snacks during the day are usually fruit, nuts, or veggies.

Dinner is some sort of meat, and one or two types of veggies. Usually I'll just cook up a whole chicken and divvy it up into 4-5 portions. Or I'll cook a few pork chops at once.

Lunch is leftovers from the previous night and some salad.

The only unusual thing about my diet might be what I don't consume: no alcohol, caffeine, soda, grains, legumes, tomatoes, refined sugars. I pretty much just eat meat, fruit, veggies and nuts. And a little bit of dairy since I'm not lactose intolerant.

My meals aren't fancy. They are all about quick and simple. I try to spend < 15 minutes in the kitchen each day.

·
Registered
9w1 sp
2,901 Posts
I put all of my meals together and don't eat out much. I cook a lot, but most of the time it's simple stuff, like pan-fried chicken breasts, soups, boiled rice, and/or steamed vegetables.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Oh my God I feel at home here.

Breakfast: Tea + Sandwiches will do the trick.
Lunch: Pasta - I just love pasta. It's simple and easy. I use whatever sauce I can come up with and just throw it in.
Dinner: Pasta....... Yeah. Or if I have the resources, I'd go to a restaurant and sit in the quietest corner and eat steak everyday.

·
Registered
INTP
1,752 Posts
Wow, another INTP thread that makes me feel less weird xD A lot is being said here that I can identify with even as people I know in real life think I'm weird for it...

I'm not a picky eater and I don't like spending so much time making meals that are gone so quickly. If it takes more than 20 minutes to prepare, then it really doesn't seem worth it to me. When someone else is providing the meal and ask what I want, I am just all "Uhhhh I don't know 8V Whatever you're making is probably good enough" lol. If someone else is cooking and it's edible, I can't really complain about it. I really don't like fast food, though. I prefer stuff that at least seems healthy. I tend to not have a big appetite and am pretty easy to satisfy.

I usually start my day off with breakfast cereal, mainly cheerios, with a glass of milk and possibly fruit on the side. Lunch is generally just a sandwich of whatever I feel like making that day. Snacks might be nuts or fruits. Then dinner is whatever I can bum off people haha ((I live with people who love food a lot more than me so that helps a bit xD)), but on days where I have to make dinner myself, I tend to just make myself some ramen, mixing veggies and eggs into it to at least give the illusion it's good for me lol.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Breakfast: Cereal. I am a cereal lover. Well cheerios lover, but I'll eat anything. Maybe an hour or two after breakfast I have some toast or an english muffin.
Lunch: Don't usually get to eat lunch because I'm working, and since my break is only 10 minutes long, it's usually some sort of snack food like pretzels, or a banana. Anything to hold me over until I get home.
Dinner: Depends, sometimes I put a pizza in the oven, or eat a cold cut sandwich, and sometimes my mom makes something.

I was a very picky eater as a child, but I'm a lot less picky now.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I throw all sorts of things together and throw it in the oven. I usually don't even mix it. I experiment to make food as simple and tasty as possible. Other people wouldn't eat it though.

As long as it has the approximate nutritional composition I'm into at that particular time, then cool.

I use cheat flavors: herbs and the like that make even the soggiest mass into a tasty treat.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Breakfast: A bowl of oatmeal with fiber one cereal sprinkled in. Stop laughing, it's the only way I can produce any substance #2 in the bathroom. :sad: Also loads of coffee, but I'm cutting back.

Lunch: Half of a peanut butter sandwich.

Dinner: A salad, usually with whatever vegetables I can find in the fridge sliced up and sprinkled on top, as well as a can of tuna mixed into the whole thing. Olive oil for dressing. Then I gorge on whatever food I can find in the pantry, because what I've listed so far isn't nearly enough since I started working out every day.

Midnight snack: I've had this problem lately where I wake up in the middle of the night craving food and can't sleep a wink for the rest of the night unless I satisfy it. It's usually... spoonfuls of peanut butter. :sad:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I'm putting off eating dinner right now if that tells you anything, and it's 10:35 in the evening. Basically, I don't like cooking, and I skip meals sometimes, then I fall apart from low blood sugar. I'm not really picky. I'll eat practically whatever, so long as I can eat it, since I have food allergies. I can't eat eggs, wheat, or garlic. I actually quite like food, but it's not worth it to me to actually make it. I like drinking milk and eating slices of cheese because it's so easy, but my mom is constantly telling me how it's not healthy to eat just that, at which point I stop eating so I don't have to argue about it, because i don't feel like finding something else. yeah, kinda dumb, but I get tired of the arguments and searching around for food.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Breakfast: Toast, eggs, meat
Lunch: Anything
Dinner: Anything
Dessert: Cookies

Favored fast food is pizza or quesadillas; favorite non-fast food varies, but perogies are always somewhere high on my list.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts