Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never been romantically interested in an INTP, but I've gotten along splendidly with every single known I've ever known--like an "instant bros" sort of thing. Our interactions are always interesting, easy, enjoyable--the works. Very authentic.

Do you guys know what I'm talking about? Does this go both ways, or am I just really fond of INTPs?

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
You are intelligent.
You are pretty intelligent.
You are marvelously intelligent.
You are brilliantly intelligent.
You are magnificently intelligent.
You are awesomely intelligent.
You are beautifully intelligent.

You are strikingly intelligent.

<armflailmotion>(punpunpunpunpunpunpun)</armflailmotion>

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I had two INTJ roommates for a year in college, and the three of us got along splendidly. They got annoyed at my laziness and pro level procrastination, but intellectually we fit very well together. We would often sit, talking philosophy into the wee hours of the morning, and then collectively gasp at how many hours had flown by without our noticing. :tongue:

I've heard mixed reports on the results of INTP/INTJ romantic relationships. Some say it's good, others say it's great, and still others say it's terrible. I think it all depends on the people in question(as is the case in any relationship), and you just have to find the "right one". The odds are sadly against finding a good INTJ/INTP fit however, as we're two of the rarest MBTI types.

You may find that ENTPs are a nice alternative, as they are similar in so many ways it is often difficult to distinguish them(for me at least). If I were to be honest, I'd tell you that I'm holding out on having any serious relationships to see if I can find a cute ENTP, cause I just like them that much. :kitteh:

·
Registered
856 Posts
I think INTP/INTJ friendships can go either way. I don't think you're alone in having great INTP/INTJ friendships and equally I don't think I'm alone in having crappy INTP/INTJ friendships.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
In high school, 3 of my closest friends were an INTJ and 2 INTP's. We were all on the debate team together.

Shit got weird. But good weird. the INTJ liked to think that he didn't take any shit from me or my NTP cohorts, and we liked to think that we weren't pawns in the INTJ's grand plans.

We also won. A lot.

like, a LOT.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've always been quite fond of INTJs and ENTPs. To date, I have always gotten along very well with them. I've never tried to date an INTJ though. I'm not sure that would work out very well...

·
Registered
348 Posts
My best friend and my girlfriend of 3 years are both INTJ. I need you guys because no one else can keep up with me when I chew out an idiot, and I can't get through the day without one of them getting me off my lazy butt.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
One of my best friends is... well, I don't know his type, but he can't possibly be anything but an INTJ. The joke amongst our group of friends is that he's Sheldon. In any case, he's very blunt, but very genuine, and - it goes without saying - smart as a whip. He's currently getting a Master's in radiochemistry. Another one of our friends, who I wouldn't be surprised to learn is also an INTJ, is a physicist, and the two INTJ's SO's are both at least scientifically literate (one of them studies child development, and I've honestly never been sure about the other, even though I count her among my closest friends), and two of our other friends are med and vet-med students, and I seventh-wheel it as a biologist, and the lot of us often get together for board games when we're in the same state and end up talking science over something like Pandemic. It's great.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm very good friends with an INTP and I can't imagine ever disliking a well-developed INTP. Sometimes I get frustrated at my lack of Ti and inability to make sure everything I say is 100% logically sound, and it's nice talking to someone who possesses these qualities. Plus, every word out of my INTP friend's mouth has meaning. There is absolute clarity in his communication. It's refreshing.

·
Registered
436 Posts
There was this really cute INTJ in my jazz band last year. He was funny, intelligent, confident, all the good INTJ stuff. He moved away, sadly, and I never really got to know him...

I've met only a few (possible) INTJ's in my life and I never got close to them, but they drew me in, definitely. So similar in taste and intelligence, but more assertive, more interesting than myself. Would love to get to know one better.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I could see a female INTP and male INTJ getting together but I can't see the opposite happening.
I'm curious as to why you think that is.

·
Banned
298 Posts
I feel the ENTP/INTJ combo is a better mix. I think dominant Ti-Ne and dominant Ni-Te clash at a very fundamental level.

·
Registered
508 Posts
If I were to be honest, I'd tell you that I'm holding out on having any serious relationships to see if I can find a cute ENTP, cause I just like them that much. :kitteh:
Be prepared to just cry at how much of similar but conflicting (it's the details that fucks everything over) opinions and arguments you two will have. Oh and just how stupid it is that one person needs to be self-righteous about something and the other just wants to get along (you two will switch roles everyone once in a while).

Also, since both of you have Fe in the lower stack of the cognitive function, good luck finding a reason why you two hate each other so much but can never bring yourself to leave each other.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I feel the ENTP/INTJ combo is a better mix. I think dominant Ti-Ne and dominant Ni-Te clash at a very fundamental level.
and ENTJ/INTP

also sorry for posting shitloads of times, OP. i have no clue how to quote multiple people in the same post.

Also, in the case of INTJ/INTP relationships - I find that I either can click with them in an instant-bro way or I get hopelessly attracted to them. INTJs are so reluctant to get into relationships (well, more like you overanalyse me) and I am not good at receiving cues (nor are you guys good at sending them) so it rarely ever happens.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Be prepared to just cry at how much of similar but conflicting (it's the details that fucks everything over) opinions and arguments you two will have. Oh and just how stupid it is that one person needs to be self-righteous about something and the other just wants to get along (you two will switch roles everyone once in a while).

Also, since both of you have Fe in the lower stack of the cognitive function, good luck finding a reason why you two hate each other so much but can never bring yourself to leave each other.
Now I'm just all depressed.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I think dominant Ti-Ne and dominant Ni-Te clash at a very fundamental level.
Clash, complement, balance, refresh.. anything's possible really.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts