Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let's see what phobias you have.

My biggest one is arachnophobia, and I have had it as long as I can remember. Just the small spiders, and spider webs in general. I have a pet tarantula, and can hold her without freaking out. I just think it's odd that I have greater anxeity around spiders the smaller they are.

Reactions: username

·
Registered
225 Posts
Arachnophobia and enthomophobia .. basically I hate everything with more than 2 sets of legs.

Reactions: username

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I don't have any phobias, at least that I'm aware of, but if I saw a Gejigeji live, I would probably develop a phobia instantly (and also break the human speed record).

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Phytophobia, fear of seaweed. (the name is for a fear of plants in general) I don't know if it is a real phobia, but I just don't like feeling seaweed touch my legs when I'm swimming. I don't actually mind seaweed in fishtanks though.

I don't think it is a read phobia. I think I could get over it pretty easily.

Other than that though, I have no real fears.

Gejigeji look just like centipedes... we have those in our house. They are really cool, and they can probably hide faster that you can run.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have any phobias, at least that I'm aware of, but if I saw a Gejigeji live, I would probably develop a phobia instantly (and also break the human speed record).
Those don't bother me in the slightest. I actually leave them alone if they are in my basement, since they eat spiders.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Rodney Danderfield. Seriously.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
sdkhgkjdhguirhphobia. Fear of sdkhgkjdhguirh's.

Arachnophobia
:unsure:

The bigger they are, the faster I run. It's a great way to exercise. I just strap a big one to my ass on the end of a string and run down the street screaming "OH GOD GET IT OFF ME!" till I collapse from fear and exhaustion.
X______X
* <---------Spider on my chest. I plucked two of it's legs off. :mellow:

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
sdkhgkjdhguirhphobia. Fear of sdkhgkjdhguirh's.

Arachnophobia
:unsure:

The bigger they are, the faster I run. It's a great way to exercise. I just strap a big one to my ass on the end of a string and run down the street screaming "OH GOD GET IT OFF ME!" till I collapse from fear and exhaustion.
X______X
* <---------Spider on my chest. I plucked two of it's legs off. :mellow:
Lol. Bravo. You conveyed the spider freak-out pretty well here. Whats up with all these intps skerd of lil ol spiders anyway?

My thing is, I can't be on a plane for more than an hour or so before I start getting bad vertigo and anxiety. I have a weird phobia of not being able to know where I am in physical reality. If I could sit up front and watch the instrument panel, I would be ok, because I would kind of know where I am in relation to the ground and all. Its also pretty much fine if I can see the ground but clouds cover it, or you are flying over water at night and O_O eep!

Reactions: Sleeve Of Wizard

·
Registered
552 Posts
Phytophobia, fear of seaweed. (the name is for a fear of plants in general) I don't know if it is a real phobia, but I just don't like feeling seaweed touch my legs when I'm swimming. I don't actually mind seaweed in fishtanks though.

I don't think it is a read phobia. I think I could get over it pretty easily.
Creeps me out too, you're not alone.

I'd like to say I don't have any irrational phobias... I mean, spiders scare me but I'd like to think it's a rational fear.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I hate spiders. Borderline phobia. That seems to be a common theme in this thread.

And ever since I was shocked by touching bare wires years ago, I have a hard time making myself touch metal objects that are set up to be capable of conducting electric current. I may know that the electricity is turned off, but I have a very hard time making myself act on it. I don't even want to touch the metal end of an extension cord when I'm holding the entire unplugged cord in my hand. I don't want to touch a stove burner even if I can see that it's off.

Are illogical phobias (not warranted caution, but something irrational like the above) an Ne trait?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a mild type of social phobia connected with talking on the phone. When I have to call people I don't know, I am usually nervous the night before. I sometimes actually practice or memorize the lines I need to say to curb the fear. I hate it, absolutely hate it...

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have a mild type of social phobia connected with talking on the phone. When I have to call people I don't know, I am usually nervous the night before. I sometimes actually practice or memorize the lines I need to say to curb the fear. I hate it, absolutely hate it...
I'm 21 and I find it hard to order a pizza... :crying:

I remember trying to call a girl to arrange a date when I was 17 and after sitting with the phone for about half an hour I called her but all i could do was sort of mumble vague sentences and she just laughed at me!

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Let's see what phobias you have.

My biggest one is arachnophobia, and I have had it as long as I can remember. Just the small spiders, and spider webs in general. I have a pet tarantula, and can hold her without freaking out. I just think it's odd that I I have greater anxeity around spiders the smaller they are.
I have arachnophobia, but I think it's not as bad as it used to be! But centipedes are much creepier than any spider I've ever seen!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Spiders, heights but not planes , needles , deep water(not as much as the others)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Social phobia, especially performance related. For example, I used to be unable to park a car with people watching. It's gotten better, thank goodness.

Phobia of earthquakes and, to a lesser extent, car accidents. I freeze up and have mild panic attacks when I'm in a fender bender or feel a baby earthquake I can completely freak myself out thinking I feel slight tremors. I hate to think of what would happen if I were in something more severe :unsure:

I live in the wrong place (California) for these kinds of fears.

·
Banned
201 Posts
Bugs. I can handle a giant beetle or something, as long as someone first confirms that it does not harm. I did this in a museum once, the guy said it does nothing and i put a giant bug on my hand that almost crawled up my sleeve, and i was fine, i guess because i was assured my safety. Like this one time i was in my friends basement, and this little beetle fell on my arm out of nowhere, and i had a panic attack i was like WTF IS THAT! lol. and those house centipedes...lol. If i see one in my room, and i dont see it again, i won't sleep until I set it free or something. That thing can crawl in my mouth anytime when i sleep rofl

·
Registered
761 Posts
This isn't really a massive fear of mine... but I definetly feel it. It's a fear of holes in organic material. It's very common. Here are some examples:[/quote=rememberthisusername;990323]
That is absolutely disgusting! I got chills everywhere after seeing that. Oh my gosh why did you show that.....!

i think now i have that phobia too..
:crying:

I have a phobia of being tickled, i don't know if a name exists for it though.

..the chills have not gone away yet, you got me good..

1 - 20 of 61 Posts