Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what type of schedules my fellow INTPs enjoy and/or hate.

Types of Schedules I like:
- Classes each have a (mild duration) a certain amount of times per week. I like it to be consistent. I know the subject but I have no real idea what I will be doing in said class. All I know is that for that period of time I am doing that subject.
- Be in charge of a certain task at work but the task is rather vague but the hours are consistent.

Types of Schedules I hate:
- Go to work and do (specific task) for (specific amount of time) and get (specific amount of money) from it.

I typically over think everything so I like knowing in general what I will be doing but not EXACTLY what I am doing. I will tend to be incredibly anxious about it if I know exactly what is going to happen.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
Following a schedule is one of the best things I ever did in my life. It adds structure to my chaos. All INTPs will benefit from this. All.

Your second definition is a tragic part of life - a necessary evil.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Following a schedule is one of the best things I ever did in my life. It adds structure to my chaos. All INTPs will benefit from this. All.

Your second definition is a tragic part of life - a necessary evil.
I refuse to ever accept it. I will not deal with "nah thats just life" excuses.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I like classes as part of a schedule too - it's healthy for me to just get out the house, but it's also usually interesting and/or slightly stressful, which is also healthy.
I don't need schedules to do things, though. I tend to have a lot to do regardless, so I'm never just sat doing nothing (except for now, but that's jetlag, which has made my brain go to sleep). I make my own schedules quite well.

Schedules I don't like are for activities I don't want to do/don't see the need to do. As long as there's a reason for the schedule, I don't mind it, but if I hate what I'm doing, I won't want it scheduled for me (I'd rather rush through it).

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
I never said I wanted a schedule-less job. I actually said I liked schedules, just loose ones. I wish you would read the entirety of my post before commenting on it.
I did. Still, best of luck.

Let me clarify. Those two categories are never completely distinct. All jobs have repetition, maybe not at first, but they all get redundant. You'll always have deadlines, you'll always have a boss, you will always have external constraints that will, in the end, become repetitive. Granted, you can probably find a job that will minimize this, but you'll never be free of it.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic with the "best of luck" line. If you can find that dream job where you're completely free (possibly self-employed?), you'll be the envy of INTPs everywhere.

Edit: I suspect that in your original post, you wanted to draw attention to the second, that forced repetition was awful (which it is for INTPs).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts