Registered
5,378 Posts
One of my INTP gamer buddies tells me I'm a "Lawful Good Sage."

Reactions: boblikesoup

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice video. I especially liked the magic hair colour change at the end.
Lol yea. Apparently YouTube doesn't allow sharing external links on-screen so we had to re-shoot :laughing:

One of my INTP gamer buddies tells me I'm a "Lawful Good Sage."
INTP's LOVE RPG's on average. They tend towards the chaotic side themselves.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
INTPs LOVE RPGs on average.
I'm more into FPS or RPS games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Borderlands.

They tend towards the chaotic side themselves.
The INTP buddy who deemed me a "Sage" defines himself as "True Neutral." I should ask him what his archetype is. Probably a Rogue. Well, I don't know about that. When I was playing Borderlands 1 with him, he was eager to learn from me. Rogues usually do their own thing and aren't eager to learn from others. Technically, my alignment is "Neutral Good with Lawful Tendencies," but that contains too many syllables.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
What the hell, Youtube is exactly like Wikipedia. I just spent an hour watching related videos.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm more into FPS or RPS games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Borderlands.

The INTP buddy who deemed me a "Sage" defines himself as "True Neutral." I should ask him what his archetype is. Probably a Rogue. Well, I don't know about that. When I was playing Borderlands 1 with him, he was eager to learn from me. Rogues usually do their own thing and aren't eager to learn from others. Technically, my alignment is "Neutral Good with Lawful Tendencies," but that contains too many syllables.
INTP's like a huge variety of games. The INTP's I know on the more extreme side of the spectrum get stressed/drained when playing action games, and like playing mages. They also have an appreciation for things done "right" and "well" (that little bit of Si/Fe and appreciation for the craft with Ti). Despite their lack of interest in social structure I've noticed they do appreciate learning under others.

What the hell, Youtube is exactly like Wikipedia. I just spent an hour watching related videos.
The INTP right next to me just said "lol" when I read him this.

For INTP's knowledge is power. Compared to an ENTJ like me, I'd say power is power, without discrimination.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Being such criticizers and the OP lacking a directed request or question out of the reader, it's really not that much to say. By generalization, you're pretty much right about all of it.

I'll add that the whole "sharing of thoughts" kinda works as a filter, generally just see how someone else's mind is composed. People usually like to connect the dots themselves if it's within their abilities to do so, so that way, smarter people will automatically have a bigger affinity for me than others.

... that being said, I also have the tendency to over-explain things, which in reality kinda work against the filter's purposes.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Being such criticizers and the OP lacking a directed request or question out of the reader, it's really not that much to say.
Should I have added a direct request in original post? I figured some people would relate with INTP experiences, their own personalities, games, etc... and others would criticize video + provide feedback.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Should I have added a direct request in original post? I figured some people would relate with INTP experiences, their own personalities, games, etc... and others would criticize video + provide feedback.
Not necessarily, it's just something we're (at least I'm) used to, like asking for something more specific or request an overall opinion. Leaving video open for feedback was clear, but INTPs usually don't bother unless it's got something specific worth criticizing and can be improved upon.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Usually if you want something specific, like feedback, you should ask for it in your post. Otherwise the thread spirals out of control much faster than it would have otherwise.

·
Registered
INTP
1,052 Posts
Haunchy rounded shoulders? I guess it's right for most of us. But take note, this INTP could break you like a twig.

You should have seen me research gym equipment and best exercises and food for muscle growth when I decided to get ripped.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Usually if you want something specific, like feedback, you should ask for it in your post. Otherwise the thread spirals out of control much faster than it would have otherwise.
Hehe ok, if it's not too late:

"How do you relate as an INTP, or friend of INTP's, to the claims in the video?"
"What's your feedback for making future videos better?"

You should have seen me research gym equipment and best exercises and food for muscle growth when I decided to get ripped.
Wow you're literally the only INTP of perhaps 10 I know irl who's ever decided to get ripped. Wonder what lead to that desire?

Btw 4 of the 11 people who have worked on GameTree are INTPs. Tech + games draw INTPs like candy and kids. If you/someone you know (ideally F-type) would be interested in being a community manager it's a position we're trying to fill.

·
Registered
INTP
1,052 Posts
Wow you're literally the only INTP of perhaps 10 I know irl who's ever decided to get ripped. Wonder what lead to that desire?
It made sense. It started out as a simple desire to be physically healthier because physical health has a positive effect on cognitive abilities. Aerobic exercises create new neurons in the brain and resistance training strengthens the connections between existing neurons. So the best "brain booster" is actually exercise. But the more I researched the more sense it made that I should have bigger muscles. Not only because it looks good, though I admit that was also a big factor. Why wouldn't I want that for myself if it is within my reach? Most of my favorite fictional characters are ripped. Pretty much every character in video game that I play as is ripped. Why not me?
But one of the biggest reasons was the aging process. Muscle mass has a direct positive effect on how well we age. The older we get the more we benefit from physical fitness and muscle mass. I don't want to be a fragile and sickly old man in my old age. I don't want to break a hip by doing something as simple as walking and to get sick all the time just because I was too lazy in my youth to prepare my body for the future. So I eat healthy and I work out. I'm aware that this seems like a more XNTJ way of thinking. But if you knew me in real life you'd know that I was an INTP. Until I hit the gym I was practically a poster boy for INTP's. This is the only thing that differentiates me from most of them.
I'm not the only one though. There's another INTP on this forum (forgot his username) that's ripped.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Aerobic exercises create new neurons in the brain and resistance training strengthens the connections between existing neurons. So the best "brain booster" is actually exercise.
Shit, I guess I'm going to have to do exercises every time a customer is an asshole to me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts