Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there INTPs

This video is on my mind lately, just how the fuck did he do that?

Possibilities:
A) CGI
B) Fake audience and non-continious camera filming
C) BUCKITWORMHOLES!!1! :mellow:

·
Banned
1,798 Posts

Watch that part of the video again and note the angle of the camera and how carefully the magician is not to shake that area of the bucket. When you normally shake a bucket, there is at least some sort of thrusting motion applied to make it move back and forth, but in this trick the bucket isn't really shaken, just rotated/swiveled from the top. This makes me think that there is a device attached to that area that is pumping fish into the bucket, hence why the magician is very careful not to create unwanted movement there. Other than that the trick is very cool, but that part gave it away. Also there's another video online noting the movement of some of the actors in the audience, so obviously this is not a continuous shot, but most of these tricks never are. Also its not very funny to troll a bunch of starving Africans with an infinite amount of fish.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
I just watched it again and noted how he pushes the bucket normally (with a thrust!) to make the first fish come out, but changes his method the second time by swiveling the bucket instead. This inconstancy of bucket moving method supports the theory that there is fish being funneled from imaginary pipes in Africa.

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@theorycraft

Yes, I've seen some youtube comments pointing it out, but it begs the question: Attached/latched to what?

All I see are his arms holding the bucket, without any pipe involved whatsoever. He is surrounded in a 180 degree angle, so what camoflage could he possibly have to hide the pipe?

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
Well we can't be sure how many of the audience members are in on the trick. He can easily have put them on the side with the pipe so less people would notice. Also, the camera shots during the massive pile is most likely at an angle where the pipe cannot be seen. Also note that there is only two camera shots during that time, the one in the picture, and a closeup of the bucket. We don't know what the trick looks like from the other side (from the wooden fence pov). Even the close ups are obscured by the back of people's head.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts

Look at that, there's clearly some fishy shadows going on there. It's not the fish nor the magicians shadow, definitely the shadow of some hidden pipe device. Note how he shuffles back and forth in the video, trying to stamp out the shadow!

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
The manic editing job makes me not give a shit about this. Had there been one camera at a fixed position, it may have warranted at least a little of my attention.

·
Banned
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Look at that, there's clearly some fishy shadows going on there. It's not the fish nor the magicians shadow, definitely the shadow of some hidden pipe device. Note how he shuffles back and forth in the video, trying to stamp out the shadow!

I think that's the shadow of the bucket, considering the stance of the sun!

However...if you observe closely, you can see that the shadow changes dramatically when the cameraman moves to another angle later in the video(he'll be behind some kid-heads). Even if a camera angle changes, the shadow should stay where it is unless the bucket is not latched or attached to anything at all and he moved with the camera!

As for the footwork...I don't see anything suspicious going on there, if he had normal jeans, you could say that there is a pipe going through his pants, but with what he's wearing, it seems unlikely :tongue:. Maybe it's just for the show.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.