Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked around the INTP forum , i found some really interesting avatars and pic's , so i thought , and i wanted to know why you choose it , what is the meaning behind it ?

·
I love my everything
10,920 Posts
I wanted a spy themed avatar for a reason and I chose this one in particular for several reasons:

-Maintaining a brand image. Most of mine have been mostly black and white with a lot of black negative space, kind of distant or mysterious. My profile picture is my standard avatar for example. So this one fit with my theme (other elements of my theme including orange and green colors, which can be found in my sig). Black and white also help to match with my sig.

-Face. I wanted something with a real face to give it more life, pressence, and therefore, power. (As opposed to a drawing, cartoon, silhouette, etc.) Real life face for power and assertion was another big reason for me. It also kept the mysterious vibe and I also wanted something more serious.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Somebody already asked me as a visitor message. I'll report my answer here:

"I just casually found it and thought that it matched my emotional state at the moment. Plus, it's not even the full picture because i cropped the area that interested me.

I didn't really focus on any detail other than the expressionless entity and the fact that the image is almost black and white. The background details exist but remain, well, in the background. It's almost as if the entity is lost in its own realm, completely oblivious to its surroundings. The surroundings exist, but the entity doesn't care. No, actually, it doesn't notice. It doesn't even notice them. It is looking at the void. It's not like it is performing some conscious effort in not caring, it is genuinely oblivious. In some sense, it is sincere, honest. Naive almost, because that comes just natural to it.

I identify to this state of being way too much."

·
Registered
286 Posts

Huh.

I have no fricking clue.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
@Promethea posted the frog riding dynastes hercules beetle image on her tumblr and I am using it as my current one.

Before that, it was an egg riding bacon like a sun on a magic carpet.

Before that was a one eyeballed alien with a color changing pupil.

I chose then as they are random and a twisted sense of random.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was feeling silly and the picture matched my mood... I also like that even fiercely dangerous animals play sometimes.

·
Banned
4,619 Posts
Somehow, I feel it reflects something about myself, but I'm not sure what. Maybe how I felt growing up.

I may change it to another avatar (done) that still carries a them about myself. I've hesitated to change my avatar, because I've run into situations where I've lost track of someone on the forum because I didn't remember their username and they changed their avatar.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
The avatar is of a German Anarchist philosopher named Max Stirner. It has a number of things I like.

1. It's minimalist. Not a lot going on, just a caricature of a man smoking. The sketch, incidentally, was drawn by Friedrich Engels. Y'know, of Marx and Engels?

2. I have certain sympathies with anarchism, even if I hesitate to outright identity as an anarchist, so it ties into my views. I also have a heavily German ethnic background, but in truth I'm American so that's largely incidental.

3. He gives off a kind of quiet air of dignified intelligence. Who knows? Maybe some of that will rub off on me and people will feel sufficiently intimidated when I'm telling them how stupid their ideas are! It just wouldn't be the same if I were doing it with a Hello Kitty avatar or something.

I used to swap out avatars all the time, but I think I like this one and will be sticking with it for the duration.

·
Registered
987 Posts
My hobby is horseback riding, specifically endurance riding (a 25 - 100 mile race on horseback), hence the horse.

I love genetics, hence the ACGT and specific color (silver sable champagne dun).

It also matches my forum name (silver, a mutation that puts a blonde mane and tail on a horse with at least one copy of E), and kelpie (an intelligent, carnivorous horse fairy that could also take the form of humans).

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I like trees.
I don't understand it though, is it like a bunch of birds pulling a tree? Or is the tree like pulling them down? I always see things like this as being pulled up for some reason, idk why.

As for mine- use your imagination. @Deadmanrising is pretty convinced it's a cat popping a boner, if that helps.

·
Banned
4,619 Posts
I don't understand it though, is it like a bunch of birds pulling a tree? Or is the tree like pulling them down? I always see things like this as being pulled up for some reason, idk why.

As for mine- use your imagination. @Deadmanrising is pretty convinced it's a cat popping a boner, if that helps.
"M-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-m!!!"

1 - 20 of 54 Posts