Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INTPs, what would you prefer to do on your ideal vacation?

Include any preferences from the list below, using words, and any others you may have.

1. Family Resorts - one place for a week, 3 meals a day, scheduled activities
  2. Learning Vacations - mini-universities and seminars
  3. Road Trips
  4. Beach Vacations
  5. Camping

*I am surprised this topic hasn't been raised in INTP PerC world, though it didn't come up on Google so excuse me if it's a repeat.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
My ideal vacation isn't really a vacation, so much as a permanent leave, preferably to an entirely different continent, with perpetual traveling. This will hopefully happen.

Learning vacations and camping seem to me the two most interesting out of the list provided. The former provides intellectual stimulation, and the latter isolation.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Silly @Ista.... INTP's don't go on actual real vacations.... they look at pictures and escape to the place in their mind... vacation + time dilation... done deal! yay!

but then, there is nothing like getting to the actual place, witness the environment and breathing in the smog pollution filled area like nobody's business! =D

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Silly @Ista.... INTP's don't go on actual real vacations.... they look at pictures and escape to the place in their mind... vacation + time dilation... done deal! yay!

but then, there is nothing like getting to the actual place, witness the environment and breathing in the smog pollution filled area like nobody's business! =D
Are you saying I am not a real INTP? :kitteh:

Blank stare: Common Related Medical Conditions

Reactions: qingdom

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Learning vacations and camping seem to me the two most interesting out of the list provided.
Camping? -__-

As for me, I like going to large cities and touring around getting a feeling for what it's like. I like seeing all of the monuments, going to the spa, staying in the room reading, and my favorite part of any trip is the SHOPPING!!! <3

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Road trip for me - I love getting a taste of as many areas as possible. I'm still young enough to have a massive case of wanderlust (or maybe I'm just a wanderer at heart anyway, the Ne perhaps?). Like @JoanCrawford I like large cities quite a bit, drinking in the ambiance and soaking the whole experience up (though I enjoy doing that with small towns as well, anyplace with interesting corners to explore really...)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Road trip for me - I love getting a taste of as many areas as possible. I'm still young enough to have a massive case of wanderlust (or maybe I'm just a wanderer at heart anyway, the Ne perhaps?). Like @JoanCrawford I like large cities quite a bit, drinking in the ambiance and soaking the whole experience up (though I enjoy doing that with small towns as well, anyplace with interesting corners to explore really...)
I would LOVE to go on a road trip! It's all about the journey for me. The problem is I would need an extremely nice trailer and I wouldn't be able to go with any IxFx or IxxJ types. They annoy me if I'm around them for too long. Maybe we can be road trip buddies? Come and pick me up any time! ^__^

Reactions: JordanAshwin

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I would LOVE to go on a road trip! It's all about the journey for me. The problem is I would need an extremely nice trailer and I wouldn't be able to go with any IxFx or IxxJ types. They annoy me if I'm around them for too long. Maybe we can be road trip buddies? Come and pick me up any time! ^__^
Hehehe, it's a deal. Also the IxxJ's sort of ruin the spontaneity of an INTP-style road trip; they have this nasty habit of trying to plan everything for you. (Though an ISxJ might come in handy to make sure we fill out the paperwork... :wink:)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
The vacation plan I've formulated so far:

1. Pack bags
2. Leave
3. Don't return

As you can see, it took some pretty extensive scheduling and mapping out.

To be honest, I don't care where I end up and I have no idea what to do when I get there. I'll figure it all out in due time.

·
Registered
598 Posts
How about something that includes an exotic foot rub?

People take vacations to "relax" and "get away".

It's pretty hard to do both when you're an INTP, you're always "relaxed", you're always "away".

I'd need something outside of my norm, like asian women rubbing my feet, that's not normal.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Fun question, Ista. Well mine would be something close to a beatnik road trip. Just going somewhere with my trusty frame pack(I love that thing), my clothes, all the money in my bank account, a couple of REALLY good friends(tempers flaring when you are looking for a place to sleep doesn't work out too well unless you want to butt heads with someone as part of the experience), my toothbrush and toothpaste, a tent and tarp, and a whole lot of optimism and adventure.

I know my ISTP friend would be a good companion as he is really into the adventure sort of thing. Make sure to bring someone to break us out of our introvertedness once in a while during said trip. Perhaps method of trnasportation could be bus or motorcycles because hoofing it would take too mcuh time and money.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
I have no reason to go anywhere.

There is nothing I want to see so much that I am willing to endure the travel.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I have no reason to go anywhere.

There is nothing I want to see so much that I am willing to endure the travel.
My reasoning is the opposite of yours. I have no reason to go anywhere, so I might as well just go everywhere.

The travel doesn't seem so stressful to me, so long as I can minimize the number of transactions I make with people.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
One that doesn't have any tour guides, I hate guided tours around countries, sure it may be safer, but it feels like I'm being led around a petting zoo to gawk at the natives. I would want to go out there with a few friends and actually mingle with populace, move around their country and enjoy the experience on our own terms. Actually I'm planning to go to Russia in a few years, I've always wanted to visit Russia, so it should be great. It'll also be the first time I've been overseas (Although not for my friends)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Well it's all on my bucket list... some life threatening disease would be the push I need to take one.

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
Wandering around Chernobyl in a hazmat suit.

Reactions: daniella78
1 - 20 of 24 Posts