Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im an infp and i sometimes experince theres ah ha moments or insights which people describe as introverted intuition i was just wondering if there are other intps entps or nps who experience introverted intuition eg. the other day i was struggling with something about my life,when all of sudden an insight just emerged into my mind,from outa now were on what to do any other nps experience this thanks?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
As far as I understand it, Ni is similar to Si, but there is nothing around to sense and begin attributing a subjective factor. I almost liken it to "i" instead of Ni, because I believe Ti and Fi operate in the realm of Ni. Only Ni will randomly connect whatever it will get its hands on, and Ni observes this when they swim around in their mental imagery of connections they have no easy explanation for coming by.

So by this description, I can easily see Ni coming into play when Ti and Fi decide to stop making judgements in this realm, only this normally happens when they are compelled to balance their exhausted introversion with extroversion, in the form of Se or Ne. There really isn't a lot said of shadow functions, but because they are not preferred, they are assumed to happen with stress. Or all around exhaustion I suppose. I sometimes think I experience Ni when I have a high fever. I use to think it happens backwards into an ISFP rather than ENTJ for INTP, but that's just conjecture.

My personal feelings on how the shadow functions manifest is very, very unconsciously. So perhaps when an Ni epiphany state is reached in the deep unconscious, it is actually contributing to a function being used, but unbeknownst to that function. For instance, maybe in the background they contribute to the "subjective factor", or to the ways N comes to a conclusion without a conscious contribution, or why feelers form these holistic value associations to so many different things. So it's not inconceivable that an Ni "epiphany" will work through the operations of the used functions; an epiphany that can be reduced and explained by the functions in use. But in this sense it is not the same as the Ni that Ni users experience.

·
Banned
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i understand that ni is more than just an ah ha moment but none the less it is accosiated with it,and would just like to know of nps your experiences with ni and ah ha moments and sudden out of the blue insights thanks?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
i understand that ni is more than just an ah ha moment but none the less it is accosiated with it,and would just like to know of nps your experiences with ni and ah ha moments and sudden out of the blue insights thanks?
Usually my out of blue insights are through Ne, of which I'm sure you're well aware as an INFP. And I find Ti normally to express the Ne as some root cause. For instance, I was watching Dredd, while the woman in the beginning was taking a drug to slow down time and make everything beautiful. And I thought to myself: whoa, that would be really interesting if you did that while dying. That's what it seems like this movie is about. And it turns out, that was the way the movie ended, and everything else seemed to be about pretty much that. With a psychic thrown in to signify the fate involved in the experience of one event to the next.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yes, MBTi is not black and white.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
When Ne users experience Ni how much control do you have over it in comparison to Ne? Can we get some examples?

·
Banned
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
could you guys give some personal examples of an ah ha you have had or an insights that has emerged thanks?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Usually my out of blue insights are through Ne, of which I'm sure you're well aware as an INFP. And I find Ti normally to express the Ne as some root cause. For instance, I was watching Dredd, while the woman in the beginning was taking a drug to slow down time and make everything beautiful. And I thought to myself: whoa, that would be really interesting if you did that while dying. That's what it seems like this movie is about. And it turns out, that was the way the movie ended, and everything else seemed to be about pretty much that. With a psychic thrown in to signify the fate involved in the experience of one event to the next.
Uh, Slo-mo and that was MaMa! Which at the very beginning they skin guys alive and make them take a hit of slo-mo then they threw them from top of the Peachtrees building. Which is why Dredd and Anderson show up to investigate. Nobody fucks with the MaMa clan.

In other words I've watched that movie too many times and thought slo-mo would be pretty awesome.
Also, Anderson's powers are reading thoughts and emotions.

·
Banned
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys but im only interested with your expeirences with ah ha moments and insights wich pops into your from outa no were thanks?

·
Banned
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
to the intps entps and nps thanks guys but im only INTERESTED with your expeirences with ah ha moments and insights wich pops into your from outa no were thanks?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
thanks guys but im only interested with your expeirences with ah ha moments and insights wich pops into your from outa no were thanks?
ok how about.... well actually I can't recall at all to be honest. It always seems to be linked to something I can justify as to where it came from. Sometimes my Si seems to resemble what I've heard about Ni because it often involves memory. I guess it's been a case of where I assume a certain outcome based on experience that is so instantaneous I hardly recall the memories that lead me to the conclusion. Like when I thought about the hard problem of consciousness recently and then all of a sudden I had this explanation seemingly out of nowhere of the generated 3d world of the mind being the intermediary process of the organization of sensory data itself; like you have a waterfall, and when you stick your hand in and you feel the flow of water, that is self awareness. This did not require literal external phenomena, but then at first it required thinking about how a camera works. So slightly Si, but then a large amount of unwitnessed converging of ideas into an feasible explanation.

I hope this meets the criteria.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
My Fi comes out when someone starts to talk tons of crap about someone I care deeply about.
Oh, a very good point. In that case I have Fi after all. Happens quite rarely but I can get very defensive when my family members feel threatened, for example. I actually confronted my ENTJ dad with an one hour phone call (knowing him it was a brave thing to do, no one confronts him voluntarily) when my sister felt like everyone else in the house mistreated her and was like wow, this is so out of character for me.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had a friend ask me to watch their dogs while they went on a 3 week vacation to Scotland. I wanted to say no and I started explaining all the reasons why I did not want to. I had a list of 3 other things, and explained 2 of them, before I realized I could have just said no. I was uncomfortable doing it, social obligations and shit like that. The aha moment was me realizing I was explaining things away, where social standards just required me to say no.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.