Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'am feeling hopeless right now, but i am also experiencing a strong aversion towards this feeling of hopelessness.
long story short: I'am ambitious (learned trait) kid (age 21) from India. I'll graduating this year with a degree in electronics and communication engineering, not very smart but, I think i am trainable and readily learn stuff with conviction for end goal i an totally or critically relate to. i have my problems .
The college isn't that good, the syllabus and stuff are pretty appear pretty lame since we don't handle stuff and experiment with actual circuit fabrication everything has become mundane facts.
Test and exams are also baseless stuff which require you to draw circuit diagrams, few headings and 5 lines under each headings soulless examinations haven't helped me at all. i tried reading books from library to gain some deeper insight and gain some sense of direction nevertheless i couldn't sustain in an environment where your work ethics is merely unquestioning devotion towards empty duty fulfilling (assignments, weekly exams, monthly exams, grades etc) scientific temperament, independent investigation and experimentation are not appreciated, but that's what i'am into. so basically college just gives you a certificate. I have nothing against anybody i want to learn electronics learn to program, work with micro-controllers. i'am heavily invested into the idea of becoming a techie working in the field of automation and artificial intelligence. but the prospects of it happening seem bleak. i have another 6 months due before i graduate with a bachelors degree in engineering. i have to submit a project i have a plan , i am planning to build a robot (four wheeled) programmed to explore a enclosed territory with randomly placed blocks an generate a spatial map of the territory in real time indicating the placement positions of the blocks. i am building it myself ( kids here usually get their project done through centers) i have been running around , my parents don't understand they are reluctant to fund me, the prefer conventional way, college doesn't understand few friends do get me but they are not invested into the idea of looking deeper, degree is just token to get a job. i sometimes feel hopeless when i have no one around me who share a vision similar to mine, but i have come this far having held a mircocontroller in my hand, having an internet connection, being able to start a thread in intp central...., isn't that bad after all it could have been worse. so fellow intps please share your views on your life standing your expectations, and feel free to offer some advise. i'am struggling facing a learning curve, i don't want to become cynical i want to cling onto the last bit of hope. i want to fight through, offer me your insights or criticism anything....

·
Registered
408 Posts
Have you thought about forming and leading a group of people who are interested in and motivated by the same things that you are, i.e. "scientific temperament, independent investigation and experimentation" as you mentioned in your first post? Pooling resources will enable you to explore and conduct experiments and build things that , on your own, you might not be able to do. That will also keep you motivated as you will have a field in which you CAN pursue at least some of the things you say you want to pursue. Also, as you guys start creating stuff, advertise your group using local media, social media, share your work with schools and colleges. That will also generate publicity and broader awareness of you and what you do as a fledging engineer, which may eventually create opportunities to do more of it. I don't know if you are in India now. If you are, I know it is not always as easy because, having been there myself a few times, I know the infrastructure does not always make things as easy as in most western countries. But, on the other hand, India is a massive pool of talent and that concentration of talent makes some things easier.

As for your aversion towards feeling hopeless well, that's good. It means you are alive. As a human being, you'd better have a strong aversion to feeling hopeless , or you risk leading a life characterised by hopelessness. Not that aversion to something is in and by itself enough to prevent that something. Far from it. But it is a necessary condition for the possibility of being able to avoid that something

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you thought about forming and leading a group of people who are interested in and motivated by the same things that you are, i.e. "scientific temperament, independent investigation and experimentation" as you mentioned in your first post? Pooling resources will enable you to explore and conduct experiments and build things that , on your own, you might not be able to do. That will also keep you motivated as you will have a field in which you CAN pursue at least some of the things you say you want to pursue. Also, as you guys start creating stuff, advertise your group using local media, social media, share your work with schools and colleges. That will also generate publicity and broader awareness of you and what you do as a fledging engineer, which may eventually create opportunities to do more of it. I don't know if you are in India now. If you are, I know it is not always as easy because, having been there myself a few times, I know the infrastructure does not always make things as easy as in most western countries. But, on the other hand, India is a massive pool of talent and that concentration of talent makes some things easier.

As for your aversion towards feeling hopeless well, that's good. It means you are alive. As a human being, you'd better have a strong aversion to feeling hopeless , or you risk leading a life characterised by hopelessness. Not that aversion to something is in and by itself enough to prevent that something. Far from it. But it is a necessary condition for the possibility of being able to avoid that something
thank you.

I would love to start a cult fallowing, and becoming a revolutionary,I am working towards it. as of now I am undergoing training to work in a company on outsourced projects sort of server maintenance in rotational 10hr shift depending on client timezone. I am thinking of investing all the money i make in my projects and independent research.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts