Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would the steriotypical INTP nightmare be like?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I actually haven't had a nightmare in over 15 years. And the last one I'm wasn't sure why I woke up in a cold sweat. Something about going around in circles underwater, trying to find my way out. But I could breath underwater...

·
Banned
596 Posts
I haven't had a nightmare for a long time, so I'm not sure... Also, there are times in dreams where I may be scared, but when I wake up I just think, "Wow, that was cool." The fear leaves when I wake up.

For me, dreams of my death and the apocalypse are probably the scariest. Also, though I haven't had one like this yet, dreams in which I lose a certain loved one would be likely leave me unsettled for a while.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have nightmares almost every night but they are lucid dreams so I control them when I become afraid. Usually they are about tornadoes, my teeth falling out or running away from someone.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't usually dream. :sad:

One time though, I ate those chocolate-drizzled rice cracker things right before I went to bed. I think they're laced with LSD because I had the most trippy dream EVER.

...I need to make a note to buy them again next time I'm at the store. :crazy:

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I don't ever have nightmares. And the few times that I did, it was because I got shot in the dream.

Anyway, my dreams just tend to be weird and downright disturbing. I'm always either looking for something because my life is in peril and whatever I'm looking for can save me, or I'm being hunted by something. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I don't have very many nightmares, and I can also relate to RedDeath in that I'm only afraid while dreaming, not after the fact.

My nightmares, when I have them, are almost always INCREDIBLY surreal and bizarre. Actually, most of my dreams, with the exception of the elusive "simple happy dream," tend to be like this. Impossible perspectives, highly abstract sections, surreal locations (though not necessarily physically impossible) and very strange "plots."

·
Registered
659 Posts
I don't usually have nightmares anymore. When I was younger, they were mostly about being kidnapped. I had a recurring nightmare about being in a washing machine, though, and big pieces of machinery underwater still freak me out. (Like dams, boat rotors, ect..) I know, random..

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have nightmares almost every night but they are lucid dreams so I control them when I become afraid. Usually they are about tornadoes, my teeth falling out or running away from someone.
OH MY GOD! Sorry if all caps seemed effusive. But I constantly have dreams about my teeth falling out, usually the lower ones, and I'm always like, "Well, I rarely show my lower teeth anyways," I always try and justify it being okay. And the tornadoes, fuck do I ever hate those. The tornado ALWAYS hits the building I'm in. I get the lucid ones a lot too. I keep having a recurring one where there are Predators hunting my family and friends at my grandma's house and I have to kill them. For some reason in my dreams I always have like a spiderman web/flying ability, and then I just use like a pure rage to kill the Predators. I used to get sleep paralysis real bad and tons of false wake ups too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I rarely have nightmares, the last I did was when I was 14. Interestingly enough, it was an emotional nightmare where I cried over my family dying. I woke up several times that night just to fall asleep again, though never went lucid and controlled it

·
Registered
161 Posts
I totally went off track with my last post....

Anyways. When I do have nightmares they're often about tornadoes, usually multiple ones. I get everyone to safety but always end up being killed. I wake up.

Toward the beginning of the year I had this crazy dream that I went out to feed my horses and there were two black panthers in my yard stalking me. I slowly started to walk to the house just as my mother saw them from the window and screamed for my stepdad. He came out with a gun but refused to shoot the panthers. One attacked me. I woke up.

Reactions: Radiant Flux

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I rarely have nightmares and I tend not to have a lot of dreams on weeknights (I put my headphones on to help me wake up the next morning, which sort of interferes), but when I do, it's really stressful. It might be something like forgetting about a big test or school in general and just not doing what I'm supposed to. I know I'm meant to go to the school, so I end up going to the supermarket. By the time I'm there, I'm like, "Shouldn't I be at school?" so I end up doing the weekly shop.

There was one really horrible nightmare I had a few years ago. I was at school and there was some confusion about the tuck shop and a piece of cucumber, so my PE teacher made me swim up and down the pool on my back, just a few centimetres below the surface of the water, until the chlorine burned out my eyes. Oh, and my friends were thrown on a bonfire and I had to watch their skin burn off.

I used to have a lot of scary dreams where I was naked in public, but now that just acts as a trigger for lucid dreaming. It's like, "Ah! I'm naked! In public! But...that's not supposed to happen in real life. That must mean...I'm dreaming! HEY! Everyone! Look at me! I'm NEKKID!"
Nobody seems to care, so I just sit back and smile in the knowledge that I am, indeed, completely exposed.

Once, I woke up crying because my dad was going to steal this plant I picked in the garden.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
My dreams are usually pleasant like a mixture of Forrest Gump with Salvador Dali.

·
Registered
817 Posts
They involve losing all my teeth after grinding them, then I proceed to grind my jaw. It's a recurring concept in my dreams.

·
Registered
673 Posts
They usually involve an unreachable goal and trying to overcome one obstacle after another and never reaching the goal. The goal is usually something extremely important, like if I don’t reach the goal one of my loved ones will die. I hate those.

Reactions: eruceht

·
Registered
107 Posts
OH MY GOD! Sorry if all caps seemed effusive. But I constantly have dreams about my teeth falling out, usually the lower ones, and I'm always like, "Well, I rarely show my lower teeth anyways," I always try and justify it being okay. And the tornadoes, fuck do I ever hate those. The tornado ALWAYS hits the building I'm in. I get the lucid ones a lot too. I keep having a recurring one where there are Predators hunting my family and friends at my grandma's house and I have to kill them. For some reason in my dreams I always have like a spiderman web/flying ability, and then I just use like a pure rage to kill the Predators. I used to get sleep paralysis real bad and tons of false wake ups too.

I always fly in my dreams too! Those are the best. If I'm trying to run away from something, I just decide to fly and nothing can get me... really fun too. haha

·
Registered
341 Posts
Oh my, this is curious indeed! I don't have nightmares with tornados, but with tsunamis... which I think is a similar concept. Either tsunamis or the apocalipse or both...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I periodically have variations on the teeth dream. it starts as a loose tooth that I can't stop poking with my tongue. then the tooth falls out. sometimes I cannot spit it out--I have to chew it up. all my teeth then fall out and I have to chew them to bits (how, as I have no teeth to chew them with, I don't know) and swallow the whole mess. x_X

sometimes I have non-scary dreams which are strange but realistic in some way, and if I wake up from them it takes me a long time to shake off the unpleasant, nagging feeling that it was real.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I periodically have variations on the teeth dream. it starts as a loose tooth that I can't stop poking with my tongue. then the tooth falls out. sometimes I cannot spit it out--I have to chew it up. all my teeth then fall out and I have to chew them to bits (how, as I have no teeth to chew them with, I don't know) and swallow the whole mess. x_X

sometimes I have non-scary dreams which are strange but realistic in some way, and if I wake up from them it takes me a long time to shake off the unpleasant, nagging feeling that it was real.
Oooooooooooh! I have a slight underbite, not a bad one, but my bottom teeth meet my top teeth and don't nestle behind the top teeth. I often have a nightmare that my bottom teeth get lodged behind my top teeth, requiring me to grab my lower jaw to force it downward scraping teeth against teeth :shocked:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts