Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are the only NT that can rule over people the most reasonably.

INTJs are too "unimaginative"
ENTPs are too "impulsive" and "gullible"
ENTJs are too "vain"

INTPs are the only type with reasonable objective views of the world as it is, as far as humans are capable of (followed by isfps). How do you INTPs imagine a Utopia (or do you agree with there being a philosopher-king society)

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
False. Our cognitive functions lead with Ni which essentially is imagination (without which, we'd be dullards). INTPs lead with Ti which is a judicious function, whereas Ni is perceptive, so you might actually be right (though for sort of the opposite reason that you might have initially thought).

INTPs are the only type with reasonable objective views of the world as it is
Sounds rather unimaginative.
:tongue:
Seriously, though, I'd prefer not being in command. I'd be comfortable with INTPs in charge. Maybe they could be the strategists and we INTJs could be the tacticians. We get stereotyped as strategists, but some of us prefer the tactician's angle. Strategists look at the situation from a top-down "god's eye view," whereas tacticians are more "boots on the ground" in their approach. We need both, and few individuals are equally adept at both, but in order to be effective at being one, it's a good idea to be the other to some degree.

Perhaps utopia shouldn't be our goal. Utopia and dystopia are one and the same.

philosopher-king society
Drop the "king" part and you might have something, assuming you mean "meritocracy." On the other hand, if you mean "philosopher-king" in the Platonian sense, then there's too much of a tendency toward oligarchic elitism.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
False. Our cognitive functions lead with Ni which essentially is imagination (without which, we'd be dullards). INTPs lead with Ti which is a judicious function, whereas Ni is perceptive, so you might actually be right (though for sort of the opposite reason that you might have initially thought).
it's just something I noticed with INxJs, they are oblivious to reasons why they could be wrong and don't get the "full picture" of something including the errors associated with their thinking. I think there's something about Ne that can do that, or maybe it's Ti

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
I would prefer not the robes, crown, ceremonial pieces and roles, thank you.

I would however, liberally enjoy a custom tailored shirt, shorts / pants and shoes ensemble.

And the ability to smite people, and nonbelievers with an orbital sat. kill cannon. Nothing pompous like the death star.

Also, my title would be: the 'First Citizen'.

Anyone who disagrees would be smited on the spot. And then the crater where their body and or remains once stood would be smited again just to send a message.

Add in a small, and modest mansion isolated from people with a wrought iron spiked fence, hounds and cameras as security with the dankest of wi-fi and tributes of the latest tech / books of my whimsy, and everything would essentially run like normal.

People would not even notice that I'd rule the world. Except for say a few places and people being orbitally bombarded and turned into a glass floor that needed it a long time ago.

EDIT: In other words, I doubt we'll rule the world as grand or as "logically" as others think we would as we're still human, prone to vices and turning virtues into vices. At most, INTPs will simply change a 'few things here and there', but let everything run it's due course.

The worst mistakes in this reality have been due to people thinking they can 'cheat death out of its due', 'help everyone senselessly', or 'change the laws of this world' to suit them.

Or become a 'god' because they were born into the world.

In other words, humans are animals.
Some wisely make a place for themselves while they can away or in the jungle.
Some animals need to be put down.
And as for the rest, let the animals consume each other.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
And the ability to smite people, and nonbelievers with an orbital sat. kill cannon. Nothing pompous like the death star.

Anyone who disagrees would be smited on the spot. And then the crater where their body and or remains once stood would be smited again just to send a message.
Rod of God they're calling it...you drop a tungsten phone pole on them from orbit.

·
Banned
3,444 Posts
I would need a pack of werewolves enforcing my decrees. I don't want to have to do that myself, I can't be bothered to explain things to people, and if people are going to doubt my directives, I don't want to argue with them. So they'd either have to naturally worship me like a goddess, believing every word, or fear the werewolves.

I would also need a cabinet of Ne-users. Many things in this world that should work, don't. Ne users have a better sense of what those are than I do.

And then I'd need a whole team of Ni-using administrators to make the magic actually happen.

Given these teams, the werewolves and the unquestioning obedience from the masses, you're right: I could probably offer people a better world than the one they currently have. It would be exhausting, though, and I might not have much time left to stare at the wall--if I didn't have time to stare at the wall, we'd all be doomed.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
How could they not notice? Wouldn't they wonder who sent the smiting "message"?

And what about orbital bombardment?

View attachment 728274
I would not say publicly ruler... just the 'janitor'.

Knowing how stupidly irrational and rational humans are, most will be in abject fear and the rest will be praying.

'Everything would go as normal' people could do everything else. Kill, maim, even steal from each other while the government class continues screwing over everyone.

Business just like usual.

As for people, 'knowing', it would probably not make a difference.

And orbital bombardment... just a few places here and there. A hot, sandy African region, followed by a hot and sandy eastern region.

The world needed some nice glass floors anyway.

I just really hate irrationally, hot sandy places, you know?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sure, I'd rule the world. But only when I get to do so through a proxy. Be it a single person, or an entire apparatus of minions.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Guess it would go well, until INTP(s) in question would reach boiling point and lashes out with Fe, to end it all at once. Something with resembling an angry ENTJ when stressed to the limit.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
INTPs ruling the world? HAH

We asexual-virgin-masterminds would procrastinate procreation till death as we part. Genetically breed INTPs? We would debate the ethical issues and die out - before proceeding to artificially procreate.

Or we would end up like the Salarians from mass effect, which I guess is fine:

*edit; I guess I should read the topic before also posting. Assumed ruling == Humanity consisting of only INTPs

I'm an idiot, skip me.

·
Registered
987 Posts
INTPs are the only type with reasonable objective views of the world as it is, as far as humans are capable of (followed by isfps). How do you INTPs imagine a Utopia (or do you agree with there being a philosopher-king society)
An INTP ruler would still need to be equipped with a large number of advisors with varying viewpoints and educated in various subjects, and a number of planners to implement ideas.

I imagine a utopia as a society in which every individual cares about the welfare of every other individual. That seems like it would be the only chance to eliminate the tendency for people to only care about some and then treat everyone else like garbage, leading to all manner of criminal behavior, on and up to warfare.

A utopia would also have spaceships with warp capabilities.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts

An INTP ruler would still need to be equipped with a large number of advisers with varying viewpoints and educated in various subjects, and a number of planners to implement ideas.
Ronald Reagan, generally regarded as an ENFP exemplar, did exactly that.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Okay, I'll do it, but only because I have a thing for infrastructure.

Like, prepare for neon genesis evangelion level infrastructure.

·
Registered
ENTP 8w7 sx/so
976 Posts
They are the only NT that can rule over people the most reasonably.

ENTPs are too "impulsive" and "gullible"
ENTJs are too "vain"

Hahaha. One thing I think you definitely can't say about ENTPs is that we are gullible. We tear into any argument and look for flaws and search for truth almost obsessively. I think that is the very reason why we could not rule the world. We are always so busy starting one search for truth and figuring out how things work, and letting everyone live and let live, though we have a lot of great ideas, they almost never come to fruition.

Honestly, I think a pairing of an ENTP/ENTJ might actually be the best ruling duality for the world. They balance out each other in terms of freedom/structure, logic but free thinking, getting things done, and leadership and support. Never seen a pairing like this before, but putting it out there.

·
Registered
INTP
300 Posts
Invaluable advisors, sure (but then, all perspectives have value in some application). Rulers? No. Many of us are too quick to discount an important societal variable - emotion. With something so key missing from the equation, our untempered plans would play out with devastating if unintended effect.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Invaluable advisors, sure (but then, all perspectives have value in some application). Rulers? No. Many of us are too quick to discount an important societal variable - emotion. With something so key missing from the equation, our untempered plans would play out with devastating if unintended effect.
Just let some extroverted feelers glomp you more often. It'll help amp up your feels.
:kitteh:

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Possibly we should. And if we really wanted to we could. I mean look at how if we put our mind to it . . . hey, is that a goose flying by. I didn't know geese would make it this far south so early. What was I talking about? Oh yeah, ruling the world. Nah, too much responsibility and I've so many other things to think about.

·
Registered
INFP 5w6
1,322 Posts
INTPs are definitely capable of creating a well insulated system where by reasonableness is widespread, however there would be no pressure for the disobedient citizens to corrects their ill-alignments. For that reason i think INTP would have to configure a "thought police" using artificial intelligence that dishes out judgement on behalf of the INTPs, an AI with a ENTJ personality if you like. But given the whimsical and playful nature of an INTP we are hoping everyone under rule will have such a good time that no one would want to step out of line to cause mass disharmony.

Not sure how that could be achieved but it would be definitely interesting. Maybe introducing virtual reality courses to reprogram misbehaved citizens, then releasing them into to gardens to regain back their humanity. Get grounded and all that. Mm, these are all off the cuff ideas.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts