Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Personally it's probably about 3 months, maybe a bit more. I do that every now and again, but I don't leave much most of the time anyway :/. How about you other INTPs?
Three months? How'd you manage?Were you stalked up on food or had someone else get it for you?

For me, probably 2 or 3 days. Unless you count times I've been really sick.

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
Home is where the heart is so your real home is in your chest . . .
Or beneath Edgar Allan Poe's floorboards.

I think a little over two weeks is my record. I don't remember much of it, to be honest... I was recovering from surgery and pretty looped out on hydrocodone.

·
Banned
7,396 Posts
3 months, that's pretty fucking impressive. Between school and work, I never had that opportunity, but if neither was an issue I imagine I'd do the same (well, if irl peepz let me).

With the extended college breaks, probably like a month.

My parents made the mistake of trying to assimilate me into society/socialization by making me go to summer camp.
It didn't work.
I still have nightmares. :crying:
So many mean and spoiled people (but the counselors sided with me on all issues because they agreed they were spoiled, lol).

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
My parents made the mistake of trying to assimilate me into society/socialization by making me go to summer camp.
It didn't work.
I still have nightmares. :crying:
So many mean and spoiled people (but the counselors sided with me on all issues because they agreed they were spoiled, lol).
There, there. Tell us where the spoiled kids emotionally touched you by using the doll.

·
Banned
7,396 Posts
There, there. Tell us where the spoiled kids emotionally touched you by using the doll.
Lol, I know that was a joke but I feel like responding anyway.

They were just incredibly mean for no reason, basically as soon as I arrived. And it's not like I was ever rude to them, not at first anyway. I took one look at them and just knew it was going to be trouble. At first it started like totally out of nowhere, passive-aggressive comments (like "Omg why does it stink in here?" in a really bitchy tone) when walking past me eating lunch. It's easy to write that off as coincidence if it were that one time, but it happened quite consistently (again, for no apparent reason I could tell; there's nothing physically off-putting about me other than not wearing makeup I guess), and then escalated into personal attacks about my clothes (they were fine and well-fitting, but not your leading-edge trend Gucci/Armani shoes and handbags) and some other totally random things I can't remember. Of course at that point I did start standing up for myself by calling them spoiled brats, asking what their problem was, etc. at which point the counselors got involved, and yeah, luckily I had their support. Probably the worst that's happened was someone trying to stick gum in my hair but it didn't work and I threw it back at them lol.

Honestly, now that I think about the... er, physical traits of those that bugged me. I think they were jealous. Sorry if that sounds arrogant, but I think I'm right.

Anyway it was hell, and my summer break felt worse than a school year, but at least I got a crash course in humanity. :happy:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I spent an entire week without leaving the house and with no human interaction during the school's autumn break.

Was rather pleasant, but a bit weird when I got back to school because I had literally not spoken a single word for an entire week. Thus hearing my voice again was very strange and unusual.

I spoke a slurred "Good morning" to a friend which sounded more like "Grrud Mnng". My thought process was "Huh, I forgot my throat did that thing to make noise for communication."

·
Registered
280 Posts
2-3 weeks. I felt pretty disorientated when I finally stepped outside. After a few minutes I realized why I hadn't left for so long in the first place.

·
Banned
7,396 Posts
Oh yeah. Second that about losing your voice if you haven't spoken to anyone in some weeks. I used to forget how to control the intonation/speed/pitch of my sentences... so they'd come out very fast and somewhat monotonous. And it was physically harder to get the words out right too, and if I had to talk for more than a few seconds I'd be coughing because my throat was irritated. I used to try and compensate for it somewhat by practicing reading things out loud, in a conversational style of speaking, the day before I head back to class or somewhere.

No kidding, INTP are a bunch of freaks.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Probably a week and a half from the flu. It was very courteous and kicked the moment I got home from my last final exam, but then went and ruined my sense of taste for a month. What an asshat.

Never gone more than that as far as I know, thankfully I have friends who drag me out if I stay inside too long or I would probably never see the light of day again.

·
Registered
596 Posts
about 3 weeks one summer

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
Three weeks, I think. Parents were out and when they got back I had to start doing the usual life things people do. Like going out.
I generally stay at home a lot in summer 'cause I can barely stand the weather.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts