Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to amass some data on what personality types like which types. I can google it, but I'd rather get personal accounts.

I am absolutely repulsed by most ESFPs (except one, but she's... an exceptional exception)
most ISTJs bug me a great deal too. They are so conservative and conventional and hard-headed!

I'm in love with ISFJs, but that only makes sense... every good Sherlock needs a Watson.
ESFJ's are also my heroes. They great when you need someone to take care of you and your spiralling uncontrollable web of theories.

I also seem to have a lot of ENFP friends. I don't know why, and this never hit me until today, but I love them!

INTPs and INTJs are also great company, if eccentric. They're a mirror to me, and reveal to me just how strange some people must find me.

I have a huge group of NFs that are dear to me. Something about dreamers makes my mind wander down the paths it loves but cannot be inspired to take.

My closest friend is an INFJ, though I think he's closer to ISFJ than his insistence will allow.

Oh, note this: the couple other INTPs I know are all on the very edge of absolute insanity...

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
My group of friends is composed of two ENFPs, one INFP, one ISTP and me - one INTP. I like them all differently, but I have the best conversations with the ENFPs (then the INFP, then the ISTP), unless I count myself. I have wonderful conversations with myself.

I'd like to meet another INTP. For all I know, I talk to other INTPs every day, but I'm no good at typing and I've only convinced my friends, my mum, my gran and a girl who happens to be in some of my classes to take the test.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In other words, EVERY single INTP you know is on the very edge of absolute insanity.
Yup. I appreciate our craziness.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hehe, I caught it anyways!

Insanity is indeed greater. There have been many studies which link both ingenuity and creativity to mental illness. What can I say, we walk a dangerous but mostly rewarding line.

·
Banned
4,210 Posts
Favorites:
INTJ
ENTP
ENFP

"Anti-favorites:"
ESTJ
ISTJ
INFP

These are generalizations; there are exceptions aplenty.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
There are no types I truly dislike. There are types I get along better with than others but the same could be said for any other type.

I get along with other INTPs the best. I also hit it off well with ENTPs provided they're not overly arrogant or trying to one-up everyone all the time. I also tend to do well with INFJs in particular.

I tend to have a harder time with SJs, particularly STJs. The SFJs are at least warmer and don't come across as quite as rigid.

ESTP/ESFP I also find it harder to relate to. The SP temperament is so alien to the way I live my life. They're out there seizing the moment and I am pondering things all the time. I think alot about future implications, the ESPs I know just act and don't think about the consequences.

·
Registered
785 Posts
In other words, EVERY single INTP you know is on the very edge of absolute insanity. :crazy:
Hmm, people call me insane in many situations. But im 100% not an insane person. They just can't figure out the deepness of my though in a given moment. (my IQ is bettwen 155 and 170 (deviaton 15) by what internet tests say along with what i've read recently about how gifted children and adolescents behave in their einvironment and how they are seen by others, so its pretty understandable that they can't figure me out)

My best friend from elementary school is the only INTP I have ever met in person, not to mention he is the most intelligent person I have ever talked to. And he is also seen as a complete wierdo and if not insane. Not by me, ofc...

Edit: I can guess there will be posts bashing on me as on some egoistic little brat because I see my self having at least 155IQ. But I can just say I don't care what you guys think because you didn't met me in person so you can't properly judge me. While my closest friends, IQ tests, teachers (although im not an A+ student), and my parents ofc can...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, I think IQ tests are useless, so I'd never judge you for that :D

Also, one of the classifications of insanity is deviance (then personal discomfort, then self-detriment). because the majority of people are.... idiots, they only see the first. Deviance is something almost all INTPs possess. We're just really, really weird. To put this in perspective, my INTP friend, while we were out at a bar with a new group of people, started going into his theory on pansexualism, and then explained that he would willingly have sex with any guy in our circle, then proceeded to tell us that he'd let his girlfriend have sex with us. I absolutely adore him for the ability to say that! I love the honesty! But...

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Like:

INFP
ISFP
INFJ
INTJ
ENTP
ENTJ
ENFP
INTP
ISTP
ISFJ
ENFJ

Dislike:

ESTP
ESFJ
ISTJ
ESTJ
ESFP

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hey, I think IQ tests are useless, so I'd never judge you for that :D

Also, one of the classifications of insanity is deviance (then personal discomfort, then self-detriment). because the majority of people are.... idiots, they only see the first. Deviance is something almost all INTPs possess. We're just really, really weird. To put this in perspective, my INTP friend, while we were out at a bar with a new group of people, started going into his theory on pansexualism, and then explained that he would willingly have sex with any guy in our circle, then proceeded to tell us that he'd let his girlfriend have sex with us. I absolutely adore him for the ability to say that! I love the honesty! But...

I like your reply, though I would love to discuss you about IQ... But not here, sorry guys that I've started an another topic inside this Thread.

To be usefull il give you my list

ISTP - Conservative INTP with lack of imagination, although they can be a lot of fun.
ISFJ - I adore their organization and dedication, but I dislike their way of looking on life.
INFP - Realy like this personality. Although I find them sometimes to fragile (in my eyes, thats cute on a girl, but I realy think thats bad for anybody for their life to be so easy to offend and hurt)
INFJ - Same thing as INFP + i love their organization system
INTJ - Haven't had a friend INTJ in my life, so idk. On forums they seem cool, and on youtube also...
INTP - My best friend from elementary school is an INTP (due the fact that we went in different schools, and his introversion is even higher then mine, we lost contact. I hope thats something that will change, soon).
I like INTP personality the most, reasons are well known :)
ENTP - I have an ENTP friend. I love to talk to him (very interesting discussions indeed). But he is a bit annoying sometimes. I think ENTPs are probably the wierdest extroverts.
ENFJ - My sister. She is pretty smart, but her focus is on a totally different world than mine. She is outgoing always smiling and pretty supportive, rly popular girl. But i gotta say she can be rly manipulative and agressive, which I ofc don't allow.
ENTJ - Smart, but rly manipulative. I think I've met a few, and those I didn't like...
ESTJ/P - Dislike... Abusive, easy to manipulate and a bit stupid. Sorry If i offended any1, but thats the way I see you.
ESFP/J - I like their ambitions and cuddlyness. They can be subjective and think way less then they should. But they are adorable
ENFP - Don't know... Probably pretty close to ENFJ, but even more open minded, and less organized.

I've left out the ISTJ because I cant recognize one, and I don't know much about them in the MBTI theory.

P.S. This list is of course pretty subjective. So don't try to start the debate about its validity...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Call it strange, but I absolutely adore ISTJ's. They have such simplicity in their lives, and I almost think I envy it. More likely, I'm simply fascinated by it. I could never think as straightforward as an ISTJ. And their quarky sense of humor is amazing.

My least favorite type is by far the ESTJ. Strange, but the extrovertedness seems to make all the difference in this case. Every ESTJ I've met is manipulative, controlling, and always ready to jump to conclusions. I find them to be my arch rivals in every sense.

As for the other types:
ISTP: I adore ISTPs as well, though their fickleness can be irritating. I like to evoke their competetive spirits and challenge them to the death in things like rap battles and spam wars. :crazy:
ISFJ: I love to talk to ISFJs. We make crazy plans that I never finish and talk about the strangest extreme things.
INFP: I don't really like INFPs. I expect them to understand what I'm talking about and they're just too lost in their own minds to care. I always feel obligated to teach them my ways of wisdom.
INFJ: My best friend is an INFJ. I love her to death, but I can't stand the way she overreacts to my theories before I can even finish speaking. And their reservedness is irritating.
INTJ: I've known many INTJs and it would seem that gender plays the key role in determining whether I like them or not. Male INTJs come off as know-it-alls and never seem to care what I have to say. The Female INTJs that I know however, are always very open to listening what I have to say and I love sharing my ideas and hatred toward ignorance with them.
INTP: I don't personally know any other INTPs, but I quite like evil ones in literature and film. Voldemort and Orochimaru are my favorite villains. XD
ENTP: Eugh. Wish they'd do me a favor and stop trying to convert me.
ENTJ: These guys have serious personal space issues. I've probably been unexpectedly touched by more ENTJs than any other type. They are also the only type that I will let get away with it. I can't bring myself to hate them when they give those goofy looks.

I've left out the others because 1) I'm indifferent about them or 2) I don't know very many of them on a personal level.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Like:
ENTJ
INTP
INTJ
ENFP
INFJ
ENFJ

Dislike:
ESFJ (ESFJs are fine in "mom" form I suppose, but I've never been able to have a successful interaction with a non-mom ESFJ)
ESTJ

I would like to meet an ISTP and/or an ENTP

·
Registered
988 Posts
Of my limited social circle, I draw on what I can.

IXTP: Was typed as an INTP, but I have my doubts. Greatly balanced for T/F and N/S. Even if she were an ISTP, I'd still be rather fond of her. She understands and tolerates my insanity.
ISFJ: My mother is annoying, but my closest acquaintance is an ISFJ four years my senior. We've know each other for four years, and we disagree, but she tolerates me.
ESTP: He's absolutely my favorite fellow debater, mostly because he's so eloquent in his debating. We could go on all night.
ESTJ: We have productive debates, but he's too bound by his arrogance and an obsession with making me more extroverted. His ways, though unorthodox, are inflexible, which I dislike.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts