Votes: 23 40.4%
  • Life, totally, like, sucks, man.

Votes: 2 3.5%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeh, yeh, we're procrastinators, I've gathered that. I guess i'm kind of just reiterating similiar themes.. but what else are you gonna do on a MBTI forum eh? :p

Do you feel like you're putting life off all the time? I'm never fully engaged with life. I'm never "ready". Everything I ever get round to doing I metaphorically do in my pajamas while I'm half awake (sometimes not so metaphorically). It's like time is pulling me along by my collar and I'm busy trying to prepare myself for "life" but the further time pulls me the more I need to prepare so I can never catch up! I realise now that If I'm not careful I'll find myself still preparing for life on my death bed... so I guess the trick to life is to face the unknown and admit defeat. I wouldn't say I'm happy like this, preparing myself. Are you happy with your life INTPs? I guess some of you may have made that leap into the unknown in which case you might be happier? In fact I'll do a poll. Also, do you think this "preparing", even if it's not complete, does aid INTPs in life, or is it purely a distraction?

·
Registered
271 Posts
why would it be life if it was totally content-worthy and happy?

I'm so far down in this rut that I actually feel comfortable in being unhappy. And angry. And unhappy. It could be an instance of that selective attention thing applied to my mindset, if I may, where I need to be unhappy to do certain things. Take a weekend for instance, I'm unhappy starting Friday 6pm and it goes on until I have done all the chores, which takes well up to mid-day Saturday. But I digress ...

No, not happy with life. I have enough reasons to make me happy but for some reason they don't. I don't like preparing either. What's there to prepare for? I'm like a computer on standby with no users.

And a bit lonely.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why would it be life it was totally content-worthy and happy?

I'm so far down in this rut that I actually feel comfortable in being unhappy. And angry. And unhappy. It could be an instance of that selective attention thing applied to my mindset, if I may, where I need to be unhappy to do certain things. Take a weekend for instance, I'm unhappy starting Friday 6pm and it goes on until I have done all the chores, which takes well up to mid-day Saturday. But I digress ...

No, not happy with life. I have enough reasons to make me happy but for some reason they don't. I don't like preparing either. What's there to prepare for? I'm like a computer on standby with no users.

And a bit lonely.
DON'T SAY THAT WHICH CANNOT BE SAID.

We're preparing for that which will make life worth living ofcourse. You know... the thing. The goal. IT.

·
Registered
271 Posts
DON'T SAY THAT WHICH CANNOT BE SAID.

We're preparing for that which will make life worth living ofcourse. You know... the thing. The goal. IT.
there's no goal, unless you're of course willing to make yourself believe that there is one, eh?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there's no goal, unless you're of course willing to make yourself believe that there is one, eh?
Maybe thats the INTP illusion. Troll oneself into thinking you're preparing for something until you're on your death bed and you can declare a great success! You clearly didn't troll yourself very well.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Do you feel like you're putting life off all the time?
If I wasn't alive, I wouldn't be able to procrastinate. :/
I feel like I could be doing something meaningful/important, though.

I'm never fully engaged with life. I'm never "ready". Everything I ever get round to doing I metaphorically do in my pajamas while I'm half awake (sometimes not so metaphorically).
I'm always distant — lost in my own head.
Methinks INTPs and INFPs share this trait because of the combination of I, N, and shadow Se.
Perhaps INFJs and INTJs as well to a slightly lesser extent: I, N, and inferior Se.

Are you happy with your life INTPs?
I'm neutral regarding my life. I'd be happy if I found love, though.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Maybe thats the INTP illusion. Troll oneself into thinking you're preparing for something until you're on your death bed and you can declare a great success! You clearly didn't troll yourself very well.
That made me unhappier, still.

How could you, you horrible monster! :laughing:

Honestly, I don't know. I was happy as a kid, had drive, ambition, goals and role models. I guess I'm paying the price for making Nietzsche and Kurt Cobain my role models, among others of a similar nature.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Gee, I dunno. I am rather worried about the future because of the outrageous style in which I neglegt work and studies. This causes a slight depression in me, so no it's not that nice. Then again, I am rather active in the finnish left which gives me a sense of purpose. Even if depressed I am not going to die regretting.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
I have had problems with procrastination and perfectionism all my life. I don't like to jump into things because I'm afraid of messing up, and I don't like finishing things early because then I no longer have that purpose behind my day. One of the biggest problems this has caused for me lately is with college. I didn't want to get a bunch of student loans, so I kept putting off thinking about college, thinking I'd just work until I saved up enough. Then I realized that there's almost no work out there for an inexperienced 18 year old with no degree, especially not work that would actually help me save for college within the next few years. So I could spend the best years of my life working mundane jobs in the hopes of saving for school, or I could take that risk, get the loans, be back in my favorite place in the world, and pay it off in less than 10 years with a good, enjoyable job. So I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and taking that risk, because I can't stand the alternatives. I keep reminding myself, what do I have to lose?

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Well, looks like I'm the only very content person who you suckered into that poll so far...

And the procrastination challenge was solved by going into a university program that I love but has a large work load. I'm off to finish hw.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I am not particularly happy because knowing I could do so much better, I don't. In this case, Se isn't so bad.

Reactions: TemporarilyRyan

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have a shirt that says "If it weren't for the last minute nothing would ever get done."

I don't wear it of coarse...unless I absolutely have to. My mother bought it for me years and years ago.

·
Registered
646 Posts
@
hziegel

Just do it. Do not end up like me. Nearly 40 with no degree. I have (want) to go back to school so bad but I am in the same situation. I can not afford to pay for it and I'm not really sure that I'm ready to take out student loans. By the time I pay them off I will be 50. Not looking so good.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
@
hziegel

Just do it. Do not end up like me. Nearly 40 with no degree. I have (want) to go back to school so bad but I am in the same situation. I can not afford to pay for it and I'm not really sure that I'm ready to take out student loans. By the time I pay them off I will be 50. Not looking so good.
Yeah, I finally decided to just go for it. I realized I want school and a career right now more than anything, including stability and a relationship. All else will have to fall into place later.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts