Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 805 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new to PerC but have been messing around on forums for a long time. Anyway, I noticed that there wasn't a thread for new members to introduce themselves (unless I am very much mistaken), so I decided to make one.

Thus; I am 19 years old and live on the east coast of Australia with my parents. I am currently readying myself for 80 days of basic military training over the next few months at a barracks down south. I like hip hop and I am not black. (Not that being of any particular racial complexion is a bad thing in any way)

Any questions?:laughing:

GT: Styglmah

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
There is one...just not in the ISTP sub-forum. It's very informal around here...as you probably noticed, noobies just start posting, no introductions. I think it might be an ISTP thing, just jumping in, no preliminaries or pleasantries.

But, since you have broken from the norm, I'll roll with it. :cool: Welcome!

This ISTP is 22, who lives in Midwest America with her equally ISTP dad. I currently have no life, since I am a college student and also work a part-time job. I don't like hip hop and I'm not black either. :tongue:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well I'm not a noob but I noticed that no one introduced themselves so I followed the trend since I also don't have the urge to introduce myself.

Well I'm currently 19, lives somewhere in the east. My personality is the same with my father and I can say I can be like him when I grow up, I just really like his expertise in technical things. I listen to most of contemporary genres except metal rock and techno stuff. And I feel tormented every time I go to social gatherings... Yeah.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
And I feel tormented every time I go to social gatherings... Yeah.
Take a ticket, get in line, join the club...you're in good company here, since the majority of us feel the same way.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Me too. I always thought something was wrong with me.

I'm lucky though, because when I got into typology and typed all my family, I realized my dad was the same type. We always had a connection, but finding out we were both ISTP solidified that. It made so much sense. He was the only one who understood. When I was shy and yes, tormented, around groups, he was the one who told me I wasn't alone and a good deal of what I was worrying about was in my head. Wise words...

Those words are my mantra every time I go into a social situation.

Reactions: Ryosuke93

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
uhm, hai

Im a weirdo from eastern europe, an eskimo pool shark. 25 old and in college studying engineering. Oh, my dad and probably bro are also ISTPs as much as i can tell. Tho, they are much "weaker" in coping with life and other people. I have way too much self-confidence and nerve compared to them. And yes, social gatherings = the little death inside (dune reference)

Never saw the need for any "formal introductions", ever. Not even when i started to work in a new place or new class but if its rolling, why not :p

·
Registered
128 Posts
17, starting college/Pre-Uni soon. Needs regular doses of coffee, alone time and books to function. Also, easily distracted by shiny objects. Okay with any music as long as the melody sounds good and am Chinese.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
i'm a 29 yr old ISTP. i work in at a college in career placement. i spend my days interviewing students and developing their career goals. i'm married to an ENFJ who runs his own business(es), and we have one son age 4 who is already a dyed-in-the-wool ISTP :happy:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'm 24 years old, studying Chinese Mandarin in China.

I love sports and trying to stay fit. Computers are also something I like to waste time around - modifying, building repairing, and potentially one day looking after a full computer network for a living.

Also, I enjoy learning any practical learning that builds up my skill base (hence the language study), but I massively hate theoretical based learning...with a passion.

I have a love hate relationship with people (in general - and this includes my friends). Some days I work well with people, other days they just annoy me, and I like to run away to anywhere containing a little solitude to think through things. :)

Other stuff...

- Cooking.
- Gaming.
- Random adventurous stuff.
- Travelling anywhere and everywhere.
- Asia + Africa.
- Good music.
- Good food and good drink (particularly ales and whiskey).
- Watching endless TV shows.

·
Registered
305 Posts
17, starting college/Pre-Uni soon. Needs regular doses of coffee, alone time and books to function. Also, easily distracted by shiny objects. Okay with any music as long as the melody sounds good and am Chinese.
Which province are you from?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I'm 22, Northern Californian, soon to be college student again after an involuntary semester break. I'll be studying speech pathology. I have no life, at least no life offline. I am painfully introverted. I've got an ENFP girlfriend that lives 2300 miles away and we're constantly making up plans to get us living together, but as of yet don't have the resources to do it. I hate social gatherings but I love cross country bus trips. I live in a house/family of 2 ESFJ's and an ISFJ, we're all unemployed because California sucks right now, and if I don't become reasonably independent from them soon my soul may collapse in on itself.

Reactions: nosilla

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm 25. I've been out of college for 3 years. Currently an elementary school band director. Looking for an alternative career. Possibly engineering or something similar. Sick of being required to be a social person in my job and just want to be left alone. I have too many hobbies for any sort of a social life.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm from Germany and 32 years old. I am not black.

Computer science was my major at the university and now I work as a system analyst and software developer.

I live alone and enjoy the freedom that comes with it.

Hobbies: All kinds of sports, listening to music, non-fiction books, PS3, driving my convertible (not now, it's freezing).

And I feel tormented every time I go to social gatherings... Yeah.
Take a ticket, get in line, join the club...
And another ticket for me, but I don't want to get in line for it. I hate to wait in queues!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Which province are you from?
Actually I live in Malaysia, but my great grandparents were from somewhere in Guangdong. And truthfully, I only have the Chinese vocabulary of a 12 year old. :blushed: Still it was good enough to navigate me through a week in Chengdu and Jiu Zhai Gou. Unfortunately no snow present. =(

·
Registered
305 Posts
Actually I live in Malaysia, but my great grandparents were from somewhere in Guangdong. And truthfully, I only have the Chinese vocabulary of a 12 year old. :blushed: Still it was good enough to navigate me through a week in Chengdu and Jiu Zhai Gou. Unfortunately no snow present. =(
I remember Guangdong to be a very sweaty, sticky place to be in...that and the crazy options of food. Though I tried out Rabbit's head on Sunday, the tongue and brain was surprisingly tasty for how ugly it looked.

After 4 months of studying Mandarin my vocabulary is more like a 5 year old's! I'll be passing through Chengdu next month on my way out of China, anything worth seeing there?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I remember Guangdong to be a very sweaty, sticky place to be in...that and the crazy options of food. Though I tried out Rabbit's head on Sunday, the tongue and brain was surprisingly tasty for how ugly it looked.
Never been, but my dad says there's too much haggling going on in Guangzhou. You're very brave. I wouldn't even eat the goat intestines in the soup cause the villi was clearly visible.

Four months is not very long. You'll get better. It took me 9 years and I still haven't progressed pass the basics.:dry:

If you're in Chengdu, go see the pandas. The cubs are SOOOO CUTE. It's like they have no control over their limbs as they flail about. Oh, and watch out for the crazy drivers - sidewalks are for cars, road dividers are decorations and red lights also means go.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Um, why is it necessary mention "I'm not black"??? So what if you were black? I'm not trying to start trouble but I'm just sayin'...

I am 34, married with two children and I live in New Jersey. I stay home with my kids during the day and work part time at night. We just bought a house so I do a lot of home improvement. I'm in the midst of a bathroom re-model and most recently I refinished the hardwood floors the house. Roll up your windows and lock your doors because *gasp* I AM black. :dry:

1 - 20 of 805 Posts