Personality Cafe banner

241 - 260 of 799 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everybody. I've been lurking on the istp forum for about 2 years now and I finally decided
to create an account and start posting.

I'm 25 and I found out about MBTI about 3 years ago and it has really helped me accept myself and love
myself. It has helped me realize that not only was there nothing wrong with me, but that i'm actually
a pretty cool person.

I love being an ISTP even though it can get a little lonely sometimes. I wish sometimes I was a bit more of a ESTP sometimes
but being an introvert definetely has its perks also, so I'm good.

I'm glad I found this forum because, it makes feel connected to other like minded people. Here I thought my whole life, that there was something wrong with me because I didn't think or act like everyone else and it turns out I was just an ISTP.

·
Registered
46 Posts
istp, istp, istp
im bipolar, so with rapid cycling things here at the personality cafe, for me, can get messy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
HI. 33 year old male from Western Australia. Married, three kids [11, 5, not quite 1], another in 7 months.

I have an intense dislike for boring people, and that's about 98% of the population. I have little to no job ambition. I have a bachelor degree in Accounting [which I'm not really proud of, I just turned up to lectures and handed in the assignments, and they gave me the certificate at the end. It's not like I worked for it...], and have thrice enrolled in the CPA program only to change my mind and pull out. I have tried Tax Accounting, I've worked in management accounting in Education, Aged Care and now Local Government. I also ran a lawn mowing franchise for a couple of years (fantastic, except for the money and grass clippings in the washing machine) I've been working for 12 years, and had 9 employers, plus 2 1/2 yrs of the mowing. In that time I've lived in 12 houses. I have trouble remaining enthusiastic and interested in things.

I have a beautiful wife, and beautiful kids, and to be honest, my only life ambition is to be a wonderful husband and father.

I enjoy music a great deal, I play guitar, and have purchased some lovely acoustic guitars, plus tube amps, and built some telecasters. I've sold them all and keep buying another model, just to see what it's like. I suck at bass, and drums [though enthusiastic] and have urges to try the mandolin and banjo. My musical interests lean to the melancholy side of indie / folk music [Laura marling, Mumford and Sons, Bobby Flynn etc] I recently replace my entire Bob Dylan collection, which I sold four years ago.

I procrastinate, more than anything else. Deadlines aren't important, there is little respect for superiors, and I hate filling in numerous returns and forms which have no practical use, but are simply legislated and HAVE to be done. What happens to them after they're submitted is anyones guess, but I presume my employers name is ticked off in the Submitted column, and then they are shredded.

I am neither happy nor sad, loving nor angry. I am hugely sarcastic, and can kill a conversation with one incredibly funny line, from which everyone obviously understands they can no longer compete with my wit and cutting remarks, and remain silent. Which is, in a funny sort of way, great, because then I don't have to listen to them dribble inane and boring crap about themselves.

I like Premier League football and ProTour cycling. I think partly because not many other people in my are like these things, and so whenever they talk about AFL and cricket, I can say 'I don't follow those sports' and head back into my cubicle.

I enjoy long walks on the beach... alone.

I love my family, however I have trouble with extending that to my parents and siblings, to the point where it would appear that I really don't care about them that much at all. However, i just am intensely focused on my wife and children, and there isn't that much emotion to go around anyway, and I don't do phone calls to just 'catch up on stuff'. I can count my friends on two fingers.

I can answer many questions with just one word. I value efficiency. My wife often continues to explain her reasons for asking even though I've agreed to her requests. I find that inefficient. I've agreed, let's move on.

I dislike commercial television, thank goodness for SBS and ABC (Australians will know what I'm talking about)

I played a lot of sport in my youth. Now that I have a job and responsibilities, I'm a fatty. I know I should lose some weight, and I will... soon.

I can't think of anything else now. Good to be here.

Reactions: Seamaid

·
Banned
738 Posts
I'm pretty bad with intros, but like the guy above me I watch premier league quite a bit, and hockey even more. I'm an auto service tech by trade but I see it as more of a hobby than a career. When I first took the mbti test and it said I was an ISTJ, which sounded good but the description was off a bit. Unlike the ISTJ type, I don't see rules as something that needs to be followed all the time, and I have no interest in accounting or any other administrative desk jockey type jobs. Favorite hockey teams are the Bruins and Canucks, and favorite football club is Man city. So thats it for my introduction.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Yay for new ISTPs! Hope you guys share more of your thoughts on the forum. :)

241 - 260 of 799 Posts