Personality Cafe banner

81 - 100 of 797 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am a 25 year old (nearly 26) from the sunny UK,

Found my way to this ISTP forum after a long, LONG time trying to type myself...I found I seemed to subconsciously change my type to whatever I thought sounded good when taking online tests, however I was never satisfied with the result as I hate dishonesty, even in myself, went from INTJ to ENTJ to ESTJ and was almost settled, but as I read more and more into the functions and listened to people of those types, hearing their interests and views just didn't gel with me.

So how is this any different? well it was only when I took the jung test that measures the 3 perspectives of who you are / attracted to / want to be, it started to make sense after that.

I took that test 5 times in a row and each time It came back ISTP BUT I "preferred" ESTJ, that made sense to me as I am a manager currently and read the superficial descriptions on being a leader and a manager etc... and that made sense.

Going through the ISTP articles and reading about their interests etc... made sense to me and I related to a lot of the info, initially I wasn't sure as I am not mechanically minded but then I got deeper and understood that was a stereotype and not a defining trait, I love to solve complex problems and make sense of facts, but usually with my brain / words rather than my hands.

So, that is how i'm here, and here is a little bit on Mr V.

Dream job - Bomber Pilot, specifically the B1-B Lancer of the USAF, why? well because it is massive, sleek, LOUD and delivers huge firepower, but still you get a joystick and cool helmet like the fighter pilots! unfortunately for me this could never happen as my eyesight sucks, and i'm not American, the only nation with a big enough defence budget to put gas in that puppy!

Interests - Military aviation / science, geopolitics, weapons, self defence (Krav Maga), reading non fiction / encyclopedias, travel, cars (V8's mainly, LOVE old US muscle cars and I drive a Cadillac CTS just because no one has one in the UK really ;) good food.

What grinds my gears? - Ignorant people, people that try to get my attention for lame reasons whilst I am "in the zone", disloyal cats, pacifists, people that prey on the weak,celebrity gossip, reality TV.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I suppose I'll say a friendly hello as the last personality test I took (100 questions, took a second time after a few days to make sure) typed me 50/50 between the S and N in the IN_P area. kinda explains why I wasn't entirely sure of whether I was S or N though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. I'm 19 and an ISTP from michigan. i just discovered this site a couple hours ago and i've just been browsing around. looks pretty legit.

Not sure what else to say besides that!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm a 21 ISTP guy from Hong Kong.
Sun Virgo, Moon Taurus, Ascending Capricorn

I like hiking, stream-trekking and sea-kayaking.
I always stick to a computer and play video games/surfing internet for a whole day.
The day before yesterday I just "repaired" my optical mouse because the scrolling was laggy, by cleaning away the dust on the internal parts now it's back to normal function.
I like many kinds of music and I almost never read or memorize lyrics.

I'm majoring BSc Biology at a local uni and trying to do a minor in Humanities (currently taking Linguistics courses, may take some Applied Ethics courses and History/Anthropology/Religion courses in the future.)
I'm a very quiet person, always feel sleepy so I don't get many friends though I have several best friends. I'd like to make more friends in the uni but I realize that I'm really very shy and I always don't have words to say, hard to start conversations and keep talking.
I enjoy being alone sometimes to do whatever I want but sometimes I can feel really lonely and want a companion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey guys, I'm an 18 year old ISTP from Arkansas. Just thought I'd jump in and check out the forum. I'm a regular on several muscle car forums, so I'm not new to forums in general, just new to this one.

I'm pretty down to earth and love being from the south. I love football, drag racing, working on my car, and just about any adrenaline pumping thing like that. Right now I'm a freshman in college and have no clue what I wanna do, just taking basics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Howdy,
I am 32 years old. I live in missouri and I train horses. I have typed myself many times and have always come up INTJ/INTP. I joined an INTP site as I was told I was INTP but after a few weeks It was brought to my attention that I just might be ISTP. Apparently being a driven adrenaline junky is not an INTP trait. I came here and actually tested ISTP. And when reading the profile it does fit me. It does explain why I always have to do my own thing. Well.... actually it explains alot. Including my mechanical apritude- I like to work on cars and I love training horses. I do show horses but its not why I train. I train horses and showing helps me get noticed. Although the awards and accolades are nice. I usually don't go anywhere because I'm busy here at the house so you'll probably be seeing alot of me.....at least on rainy days :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hello there. My name's Alyssa. I'm 20-years-old and I've just discovered that I'm an ISTP. I used to always test between either ISTP or INTP but with a couple of more years of life experience I can answer most of the test questions more definitively and I consistently test as an ISTP.

Anyway, yeah. I'm extremely shy, indecisive, and I absolutely hate confrontation. On the flip-side, I'm very creative and have a lot of random talents (is that an ISTP thing?). I'm sort of a "jack of all trades, master of none", which is frustrating for the most part. I wish I was just good at one thing so it would be easier to choose professions, lol.

Been having an "academic crisis" as of late--GPA's dropped down nearly a point in two semesters. Can't pay attention at all in school. Losing interest in everything. Meh.

Anyway, hello!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Im lauren Im 20 from the Sunny UK... well it was sunny today :)
I was part of my friends dissertation project which involved being typed where I was found as an ISTP and reading the descriptions etc it is ME!
I love action and adventure (hense my consistant movement/travelling to work overseas where disaster strikes!)
Im sort of a jack of all trades but I love medicine, and hoping to study it next year fingers crossed.

Hate confrontation, people trying to make me feel sorry for them (tragic childhood story etc etc), people who are just being depressing for the sake of being depressing.

I am a very happy person.. i seem to have 3 emotions happy, excited or fustrated... never really sad like ever.. is this an ISTP thing? the whole not being emotional/ understanding emotions?

Anyway sorry for babbling on. hi :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
hey,

i was waiting to confirm my type as ISTP before making an introduction here...

looks like there really is another ISTP everyone else has to watch out for :wink:

see you around!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi all! I've enjoyed hanging out in the background of this forum for about 2 weeks now. Ya'll are quite insightful... Looking forward to hanging out with fellow ISTPs whom it seems I could learn a lot from.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I've been going back and forth between thinking I'm an intp and thinking I'm an istp for a few years now. It took joining an intp group and reading their posts for a couple weeks to realize that I am not like those people. I've been reading the posts here and I think I like it here better. Anyway, nice to meet ya!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Hi! I've been going back and forth between thinking I'm an intp and thinking I'm an istp for a few years now. It took joining an intp group and reading their posts for a couple weeks to realize that I am not like those people. I've been reading the posts here and I think I like it here better. Anyway, nice to meet ya!
I spiral between the two also, but I kind of like both forums. So I'm going to have to continue playing on both sides.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm Dalton, I'm 16 and a gigging musician. Music is my life and I intend on it being my career.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey, I just took the test and as time passes it becomes clearer that I actually am an ISTP. (although it's mostly I)
good to meet you all.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hello everyone, my name is Spencer (I am 24 if you give a shit) from California and I found that I was an ISTP by reading an old book late at night. The book is called "Please Understand Me: Character & Temperament Types" by David Keirsey/Marilyn Bates. When I was done reading and rereading it and testing a few friends with it, I came online for more information.

Few things get me excited...people assume I'm depressed because I'm so nonchalant and low-key.

At times I can be the sharpest person in the room, and other times utterly aloof to the point of downright goofiness. With women that is no different. I'm in a relationship, but in general I am an imbecile when it comes to women. Its not that I'm clueless...I just don't think too well on my feet when it comes to them.

For me, in a lot of situations hind sight is 20/20. I've missed out on many relations and lucrative oppurtunities in general because I tend to over-analyze situations.

I enjoy my space, but I often enjoy the company of others...I just rather not be the subject of conversation or leading the discussion...unless I am truly passionate about that subject. I like to watch and observe people, espcially in social gatherings.
All of this I agree with 100% and couldn't have said it better so thanks for doing all my work for me. You're the man.

I have enjoyed learning from some of you in my first brief visit here today, thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, PerC!

My friend just told me about that Jung Personality Test a few days ago. I thought I going to be an ISFP because I compose music. I realized, though, my personality fits better with the ISTPs :)

I'm 15 and live in the Midwestern US (particularly Michigan.) Like most Americans, I'm a mess of different European nationalities. I'm mostly Polish and Croatian, though. I'm average height and weight, and I'm left-handed. Eyes: blue. Hair: brown.

I'm an only-child, and I thank God every day I am. Having any siblings would drive me to insanity. My sociability has a multitude of levels that vary daily. Sometimes, I'm the life of the party. Other times, I'm the quiet guy in the corner. I'm not necessarily shy; people just get on my nerves sometimes. You guys would be the ones to understand ;)

I'm a Christian raised Roman Catholic. I don't agree with some of the Catholic churches teachings, though, and I might change religions later in my life. I'm liking Buddhism a lot.

The best thing in the world for me is solitude. Though going to parties and being in clubs is fun, I would much rather be next to my piano writing a song. My piano is like a best friend to me. I'm not all just music, either. I also like playing Tennis and am on the Varsity team at my school. The game really helps relieve stress, just like music does.

When it comes my grades, I'm above average. I usually get A's and B's (C's sometimes slip in, though.) I'm no math or science genius, but I'm not stupid either. I'm taking one AP class next year for English.

When it comes to making judgments, I want know EVERY possible thin thread of back-story I can get. Perfectionism runs in my family.

Most people I know like me, but I rarely open up to anybody. Even some of my best friends don't truly know me for who I am. Opening up is my weakest quality, definitely.

I believe emotion shouldn't be revealed in a professional setting. People should able to take criticism without being offended.

That's all from me!

81 - 100 of 797 Posts