Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a mega loud and noisy introvert. And it's becoming a serious problem for me. Sometimes I'll talk to my friends, and immediately after I'll find a need to be alone. But when my friends are all there I'll feel obliged to keep the conversation going, keep them entertained. But recently when this happens, my head starts getting really painful and I feel like I'm gonna breakdown if I continue.
I would want to be quiet if I could and get away from people.. But it's difficult since I've already set myself as someone who's noisy and it's hard to explain it when I'm silent.
I'm not saying that I'm completely not noisy. I am! Definitely. But cause it drains me so fast I get super stone super easily too.

Weird.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I understand what you mean, however I only get really out going when around people I've spent very long hrs with like certain members of my family, so when I get quiet they understand that nothing is wrong that's just how I am,
friends used to ask when I quiet down if I'm ok or what's wrong
I'd just say that I'm relaxed, just chilling out for a moment :) that usually gets them off my back.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
just take it easy and you'll last longer :p

Reactions: Stephen

·
Banned
39 Posts
I'm a mega loud and noisy introvert. And it's becoming a serious problem for me. Sometimes I'll talk to my friends, and immediately after I'll find a need to be alone. But when my friends are all there I'll feel obliged to keep the conversation going, keep them entertained. But recently when this happens, my head starts getting really painful and I feel like I'm gonna breakdown if I continue.
I would want to be quiet if I could and get away from people.. But it's difficult since I've already set myself as someone who's noisy and it's hard to explain it when I'm silent.
I'm not saying that I'm completely not noisy. I am! Definitely. But cause it drains me so fast I get super stone super easily too.

Weird.
I am also a rather noisy introvert although I have got more quiet in recent years.

What you need to do is start to relax among people and let your self being more introvert around people. Cause else there is a risk that you become anti social.

Maybe you need more introvert friends?

In the university I was in the popular group with wild partying and lots of beautiful women but while I knew that there were plenty of guys that wanted my position, I instead had a wish for joining the seminerds. In the end I also did which improved my life because I could be more like my true self around people.

Still I have some but little contact with some of my older more extrovert friends but I usually get the feeling that they are dissapointed because I am not really funny being myself, something I really was when playing the happy party guy role. I also get the feeling that they fear that I am depressed or something when I am just being myself. As you said, when the wild funny guy becomes more calm and quiet people expect something to be wrong.

To keep relationships running with those you really want to keep in your life it is a good idea to do more things (watch sports, play games, play sports, go to the movies, whatever) , not just talk all the time.

I have noticed that I never really feel drained when doing things with people, only when I need to talk to them during a longer period of time. My most introvert friend seems similar but more extreme. He often contact me so we can play tennis but he hardly talk. Still we are having a great time together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts