Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, so I have just a few questions on this dimension of my personality. All of the mbti and 16 functions tests have me placed as introverted thinking, but it is fairly close to my extroverted intuition and on a few tests I can point out a question or two that is subjective towards personal mood that if I back space after I receive INTP result, change my mood it comes up ENTP. Now I know you have to objectify yourself and disconsider moods, base it off historic actions. I guess as a child I have always been quiet ie. not saying more than a few words until mid preadolescence. The terms introvert and extrovert can seem ambiguous, is there a distinction between gaining energy in solitude while feeling lonely, and gaining energy from just being around friends only and losing it in strange groups? I find myself being the stereotypical INTP in some situations and in different situation I very much resemble my brother ENTP. My mind works very much the same as ENTP Ie. my grammar and structure usually suck because my mind is constantly spider webbing new ideas that insert into my writing and often becomes unorganized and confusing. Does any one else fluctuate between introvert and extrovert personality fluidly?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am an INTP and my best friend of 20 years is an ENTP.. there are times when you can tell who is who.. because he acts like an INTP with me and other time when we are out he brings out the ENTP in me.. the biggest thing that sets us apart is when we are in a big group of people we dont know.. he is just fine with it.. even loves it... and im always looking for the door.
I dont know if that helps at all.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am an INTP and my best friend of 20 years is an ENTP.. there are times when you can tell who is who.. because he acts like an INTP with me and other time when we are out he brings out the ENTP in me.. the biggest thing that sets us apart is when we are in a big group of people we dont know.. he is just fine with it.. even loves it... and im always looking for the door.
I dont know if that helps at all.
Do you think in those situations its because of shyness, or you are just ready to bounce to focus yourself internally?
Could you already be focusing internally at that moment and that's why you aren't reacting and jumping into the group?
I think I'm gonna think about these questions next time I'm out

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you think in those situations its because of shyness, or you are just ready to bounce to focus yourself internally?
Could you already be focusing internally at that moment and that's why you aren't reacting and jumping into the group?
I think I'm gonna think about these questions next time I'm out
Um.. I dont know.. its not shyness.. It is like when your trying to run a big game on a slow computer, my brain just starts to lag.. I can stay and sometimes even interact with people for a small time.. than my brain crashes and I need time to reboot.. and when Im rebooting its like i have to run through all the new stuff that just happened over and over.. like looking through a new computer code to see if there is a flaw in it. As if Im studying so the next time it happens I can be better at it..
I dont know... does that make since?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think that I am similar, most of the time my brain wants to absorb the person and rethink different aspects of certain conversation as to know the truth behind gestures or language used. When you throw in too many people it is just too much information and I lose myself in acquiring the truth. When my mood is up and I am hyper my intuition kicks in and my internal thinking slows. I can stop caring about the other people and I become random, and say things with more ease whatever floats into my head.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
one of my closest friends is an INTP, and we like to mess around with his SO because we almost become a single consciousness when together.

we're very similar, but what i've found is that he's just much more able to focus on a single stream of consciousness than i am. i crave novelty and change to the point that being alone in my house for a weekend almost drove me insane (even the internet had lost its appeal by Sunday). it's a compulsion that i can't resist without harming myself.

that's the difference between dom and aux Ne.

i find that the variance in social extroversion or introversion can be more closely linked to enneagram. the previously mentioned INTP that i know is a 9w8 and is significantly more of an extrovert than the 5w4 INTP i know.

·
Registered
INFP but with aspects of all Ns especially INs
252 Posts
Well, if you are shy, you have a fear of sociality. If you are Introverted, you just don't feel the urge to socialize as much, and you need time to recharge with your thoughts. If you're ambiverted, you're both E and I and should be able to deal with extraverts and understand introverts. As an omnivert, you might not know which one you are. as an extravert, you... well... you're extraverted. you know what that means.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm 100% introverted, so I don't like to be in any situation where I'm around people(unless I know them extremely well). This will not help you at all though, and this post is therefor pointless. :kitteh:
I don't think your post is pointless at all. I hope you aren't seriously dissing yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, if you are shy, you have a fear of sociality. If you are ambiverted, you should be able to deal with extraverts and understand introverts. As an omnivert, you might not know which one you are. as an extravert, you... well... you're extraverted. you know what that means.
I only know about introverts and extroverts; an introvert expends energy being around people. I am very much an introvert, but not at all shy. I need to get alone to recharge. An extrovert gets charge up by being around people.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts