Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have taken 4 tests over the last few days and I get different results every time.

I am obviously Introverted to the highest potential, between 86-93% on the tests I have taken. I guess I'm just on the median for everything else though. So far I have INFP, ISTJ, and INTJ. I also tested pretty high as a 6w5 on the Enneagram test. I don't seem to have many feelings one way or another about a lot of the questions, maybe they are just to generic for me? If the questions were situationally based I would have a much easier time answering. Anyone know of a test thats based on how you would react to certain situations?

Anyways, here are my answers to one of the list provided.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I don't think there is anything that is affecting my answers, I have minor depression and some social anxiety being helped by wellbutrin. 33 year old male in a generally decent state of mind currently.

1. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

First i would wonder why I was going to some play to be surrounded by way too many people to listen to music when it would sound way better on my sound system at home and the beers would be cheaper too :)

2. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I would assure the driver that I wouldn't drink so they could and let them have a better time. I probably wouldn't want to go to the party but I would because I know it would make those with me have a better night.

3. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

As long as they aren't trying to push their beliefs on me I probably wouldn't react or say anything at all. Everyone has the right to their own beliefs regardless of how much i disagree with them.

4. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Again, as long as it didn't affect me I probably wouldn't react much at all.

5. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I value loyalty and honesty above all else. I will always make myself available if I'm truly needed. The only time I ever lie is when it's to protect someone else's feelings. Even then, if I know the person would rather the blunt truth than sugar coating I'm not afraid to speak it and deal with the consequences.

6. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

A) I over analyze every situation. I'm pretty good at making plans and keeping them on track.

B) If I could change anything it would be how shy I am. I meet very few people and of those I disregard 99% almost instantly. Would be nice if I could be a little more social so that even though I bond with very few that number would go up just based on quantity met.

7. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

If I have the option I ignore my gut as often as possible, it just gets me into trouble. I don't usually run into to many situations where my gut reaction is needed. I try to see the code behind the matrix as quick as possible and prepare for any possible outcomes. I tend to rarely be surprised.

8. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Energize? what's that? I guess watching football, talking about finances and analyzing trends are kinda energizing.

b)Large social gatherings with people I don't know wear me out quick. I tend to leave a lot of parties early.

9. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I don't think i really repress anything. Or maybe it's just late and my brain doesn't want to work anymore.

Anyways, leave thoughts and comments. I'd appreciate any insights as i'm new to all of this and really desire to try and learn more about myself and how I can better interact with others.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts