Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
When Fi is what dominates your mind you tend to be very dreamy and cautious. If Fi is not what dominates but is rather a helping function, it does what it can to get the crazy ENFP or ESFP to rest more in herself. In my experience it guides them toward what really makes them happy, compared to aimlessly look for the next fix for a fleeting mind, but not all of them reach that point or listen to it all that much.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My ENFP brother says Fi as an aux function it's a bit overwhelming, as in EVERYTHING has to be judged by personal values: everything is either liked or not, or something like that.

In my case, as a terciary function, it was something i had to discover about myself, and once i did, sudenly a lot of my emotional problems where resolved (or at least i had the tools to aproach them). But, besides the normal things Fi does (recognize emotional responses), it mostly serves my Te. Once i have external proof or opinions on something it starts being appealing to me. This is not always a good thing tho, i've been more than once on the wrong side of something just because its opinions were the first things i've read.

·
Banned
397 Posts
IxFPs lead with a judging function (Fi). ExFPs lead with a perceiving function (Se or Ne). So, IxFP's are a lot more serious and unyielding than they seem and ExFP's are pure perceivers as are all the ExxPs. Both can get defensive when it comes to their ethics being questioned and both are open when it comes to new experiences (Se) or new concepts (Ne) but ExFPs place their need for new experiences (Se) or new concepts (Ne) above their ethics and IxFP's place their need for their ethics above their need for new experiences (Se) or new concepts (Ne).

1,239 Posts
IxFPs lead with a judging function (Fi). ExFPs lead with a perceiving function (Se or Ne). So, IxFP's are a lot more serious and unyielding than they seem and ExFP's are pure perceivers as are all the ExxPs. Both can get defensive when it comes to their ethics being questioned and both are open when it comes to new experiences (Se) or new concepts (Ne) but ExFPs place their need for new experiences (Se) or new concepts (Ne) above their ethics and IxFP's place their need for their ethics above their need for new experiences (Se) or new concepts (Ne).
Nicely put :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
only my limited personal observation, using dancing as an example.

from what I have observed in my class, ESFP tends to get lost in the music, becomes part of the orchestra, 3Dfying the music (rendering "fun to watch but feel relaxed" sensation or feeling to the audiences, wheres, ISFP tends to create an art form using the music as a tool.

not sure if I am making sense here, maybe I am biased.

Reactions: sun spun rainbows

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
As it was expressed Fi dominant types are constantly judging and referencing their inner ideals, morals and principals at every moment. They are more in touch with their feelings and how they are gauging the world in relation to themselves. There's a much more pervasive sense of "I like this, believe in this, want this" and "don't like this, don't want this, don't believe this". There is more a relation to themselves and the external and referencing an inner state based on what they believe or like. There is a mistaken belief that Introverted judgement types aren't judgers, they very much are, they are constantly judging things based on their internal musings -- Introverted judgers are constantly absorbing information and judging it to define their internal codes and ethics. They aren't touched by the external world, because they are referencing an internal ideal or principal that is mined and ingrained in them.

With extroverted perception functions in the dominant position the process is reversed. There's a greater focus on experiences and preference put on external possibilities than internal ethics. Their ethics, morals, etc. pop up at various moments, where judgement is needed -- it's more supportive, reflexive and reactionary. It's more like an intrinsic response. It's not being constantly mulled over, at great lengths like an introverted feeling dominant type because the focus and emphasis is being put on the external world, not the inner world but when it's needed, it comes in and swoops in as a need to define what is "right" for them.

Both need their values externalized in the real world and care for them a great deal and will stick up for them when they are violated, but the amount of focus and energy put into them is the differing factor. EP's care about their experiences, getting the maximum out of life, IP's care mostly about defining an internal method in which they can be most at peace with themselves.

·
Registered
86 Posts
All types should be compared as well as you compared them here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts