Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
ISTP 9w8 ♀
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Curious to see how Fi manifests in everyday life, as I’m re-evaluating my type again and have put XSFP higher up on the table than I used to. I’m also seeing myself use what I believe might be Te a lot nowadays, so I want to see if I really do use the Fi-Te axis.

• How much time/effort do FP’s (Fi doms especially) put into coming up with values and what’s good/bad? (I don’t really do this much at all.)

• Do strong Fi users have strong opinions about what’s good and bad? (I don’t)

• Do strong Fi users typically have that strong “I know what I want” or “I want to do what I think is important” mindset? (I do according to my sister, though I’m not sure if this is really limited to Fi.)

• Do Fi users generally have a more laid-back facade and prefer to hold back on emotions? (I generally don’t showcase my emotions to others, but then again I don’t evaluate them much unless someone has evoked a very strong reaction from me.)

I know it can vary from person to person, especially as an introverted function, but anything helps, as I’m getting a bit tripped up when it comes to understanding Fi. Thank you :)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
• How much time/effort do FP’s (Fi doms especially) put into coming up with values and what’s good/bad? (I don’t really do this much at all.)
I don't think they intentionally set out to do that but maybe a Fi dom can answer that better
• Do strong Fi users have strong opinions about what’s good and bad? (I don’t)
About some issues
• Do strong Fi users typically have that strong “I know what I want” or “I want to do what I think is important” mindset? (I do according to my sister, though I’m not sure if this is really limited to Fi.)
Yes, but it is not a definitive sign of a type
• Do Fi users generally have a more laid-back facade and prefer to hold back on emotions? (I generally don’t showcase my emotions to others, but then again I don’t evaluate them much unless someone has evoked a very strong reaction from me.)
Yes

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
8 Posts
I don't think they intentionally set out to do that but maybe a Fi dom can answer that better
I can't speak for all Fi doms, but I pretty much agree with what DOGSOUP has said for all points. Regarding the first, I don't intend to think about my values, but I frequently refer to them and refine them when I see connections.

Personally, I don't always know what I want, but I do think I have a "I want to do what I think is important" mindset.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 459 sp=sx
323 Posts
How much time/effort do FP’s (Fi doms especially) put into coming up with values and what’s good/bad? (I don’t really do this much at all.)
It’s infuse in me, there isn’t any separation ….I mean Im not always good at my values but always conscious/aware and working on them…..like I remember the very first time I got drunk, in high school….now I heard all the stories about getting drunk, how your judgment goes out the window….I remember getting so drunk, that I couldn’t even walk, barely could talk, felt alive, but at one point I was just sitting there by myself realizing and taking note to myself, that I still knew my right from wrong…I knew not to drive or just sleep with the guys there, etc…even I had to laugh at myself. I remember realizing I’m probably the only completely drunk person who sits and wonders if her judgments has been compromissed…which it wasn’t, apparently.

it’s like once you see something you can’t unsee it….heard something can’t unhear it ….once I feel something I can’t unfeel it, but it can change in time bc of the constant improving and self growth. However, it must be noted, that I fairly tolerant of others with different values, even when I state by belief (in a debate or been asked, don’t usually just push on others) I realize my values are for me and how I choose to be, who I choose to be around, etc….I may not like someone, but I that doesn’t necessarily mean I believe my way is the only way…I believe in many different ways, I’m not a black or white, all or nothing kinda of person ….we are different and if we are too different than I know to stay away, not change you. Unless you re hurting or pushing your lifestyle on me or others.

but always, it’s infused in me

Do strong Fi users have strong opinions about what’s good and bad? (I
this is so vague….I have this meter/scale…one end is I don’t believe 0% to the opposite end which 100% believe in……very few things get absolute….most things fall on a scale is in between. Now as far as good and bad….I have opinions but they’re so layer, that I can’t just usually answer if something is good or bad, I need more info. I have a strong sense of what is good or bad for me, knowing my limiting, knowing my weakness…in that case yes. (well, maybe not when I was younger early twenties). I can have very strong opinions but not until I rethought it to death, which I do, so yes I can have strong belief, but I’m pretty flexible too. Like I said it’s layer. Like just bc someone steals something doesn’t mean that is bad or they are bad, maybe they are just poor and hungry or an elderly with dementia, etc…doesn’t make it right but it doesn’t make it wrong either.

Do strong Fi users typically have that strong “I know what I want” or “I want to do what I think is important” mindset? (I do according to my sister, though I’m not sure if this is really limited to Fi.
im speaking in general, but mostly my own experience….
Yes and no. But mostly yes. After we filter out what society and others around us has pounded into us, but before then, we just feel out of place and feel misunderstood even by ourselves. Some May wonder what’s wrong with themselves but when we realize our way isn’t always what everyone else wants…then we bloom, and we redefine the meaning of our life, essence, belonging and become very in tuned with ourselves….or we remained lost….some may get persuaded easily if they get desperate enough to need to belong or believe in something…instead Of figuring it out for themselves. But this takes time…a lifetime.

Do Fi users generally have a more laid-back facade and prefer to hold back on emotions? (I generally don’t showcase my emotions to others, but then again I don’t evaluate them much unless someone has evoked a very strong reaction from me.)
Yes, at least this one does. There is a few reasons.
I don’t like to instantly react to something, as an introvert I need time to process everything before I like to act. (Doesn’t mean I wont eventually act), I care deeply about my responsibilities as a human being…and if you just react, your creditibilty is compromised (which my character and credibility is something I take pride in), ppl can use this against you later, you could be wrong and now whatever you have said or done is subscribe on that person forever…I take this as my responsibility. I’m human so I can be wrong, so I need to process first. I hate apologizing so I avoid getting into situations without doing my homework first, and making sure I’m seeing this with as many sides possible Before, just thinking i know everything…I know there is a thing call human error and i am not excluded from it.

I also, tend to be laid back, bc if I let myself get to upset…I’m upset for days, weeks….and become critical.

something I’m tired and moody, and I might snapped a little but mostly bc I had a tough week and lost my faith in humanity and is like Fuk It. But mostly i have great control of myself. I don’t like letting ppl know how I really feel until I check out all the angles but also check out atmosphere….if I think they might actually see it from my way, not necessarily agree with me, but if I think you just want to argue than I don’t get involved. I like things at ease, unless I’m angry, then I don’t care. But I usually isolated myself when I’m angry for this very reason.
dont like letting others know they got to me, either.

but mostly just focus on my own path and learning, exploring, connecting….I’m not trying to disrespect anyone or out to get them, or to judge them, I might want changes for humanity but I’m not out to blame or hurt others, i try to be tactful, but sometimes ppl only listen to rudeness, niceness tends to get overlooked. But don’t take my kindness as weakness.

i remember when I was in the military (for a little while), I got hurt and was in the medical area for many weeks…everyday they have to take my blood pressure…mine has always been very low, so low it always scares ppl at first…it’s like 54/82…this is low even for ppl who have low blood pressure….anyways, the doctor always had to come in and reassure them, that I was ok, and explain that some ppl have very low blood pressure…anyways, when I finally left the medical area, I remember one of the guys there say to me, that he will always remember me bc I was the closest person to death he had ever met, lol….I must be the most relaxed person he has ever met, he told me.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Very good that you brought it out! This is where often confusion between distinguishing F from SI comes out. SI gives a person clearer personal preferences (that's why it's called subjective) and stronger sense of self (among other features it has) which also manifests in what I want / what not. I don't use F style judgements but can clearly see in myself how it works - easily and nicely :) Can't comment though how the same is achieved in other types, but for me it doesn't base on judgements that much, it's more a perception thing. Works really fast btw.

From what I've seen, in Fi doms it's rather opposite - proccessing very long to judge, trying to get the feeling about what's right thing to do given the situation. Sounds pretty different thing, nothing to do with wants/ want nots.

·
Registered
ISTP 9w8 ♀
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you to everyone who responded!

After reading over everything I think Fi dom/aux is a little less likely for me than I originally thought. I'll keep them on the table, but not as high up.

When making decisions I do care about what is important, but I tend to look more at how things can personally give me the best way to progress towards my goal rather than what I value. If no choice has any obvious benefit for myself then I let other people make the decision for what they want (maybe Ti/Fe?).

When I want to do something I think would benefit myself, I don't really worry much about whether it's the "wrong/bad" thing to do unless I think it would harm others in some way.

Very good that you brought it out! This is where often confusion between distinguishing F from SI comes out. SI gives a person clearer personal preferences (that's why it's called subjective) and stronger sense of self (among other features it has) which also manifests in what I want / what not. I don't use F style judgements but can clearly see in myself how it works - easily and nicely :) Can't comment though how the same is achieved in other types, but for me it doesn't base on judgements that much, it's more a perception thing. Works really fast btw.

From what I've seen, in Fi doms it's rather opposite - proccessing very long to judge, trying to get the feeling about what's right thing to do given the situation. Sounds pretty different thing, nothing to do with wants/ want nots.
Good point on the other subjective functions! With that I think it would be time for me to consider some XXXJ types too haha

Reactions: tarmonk

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Good point on the other subjective functions! With that I think it would be time for me to consider some XXXJ types too haha
It's yea, worth taking some time to study those too. Took me ages to understand what Si is and what it actually does in my mind. Confused it with being F or even Ne as it's one of the worst explained traits. But it's easier to see If you can relate, by reading Jung SI.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
19,661 Posts
I totally can't relate, Fi is one of my shadow functions, however, individual cognitive functions don't operate in a vacuum, they work together. That's what makes how we perceive and interact with the world differently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts